What is going on here

• Thread starter MadSciNtst
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

So...I think I violated probably every rule here is....but I’m interested in seeing how this process goes....

Anybody know why this plant is looking like this? Now it’s not dry. Whether I water it or not the leaves are drooping. I’m feeding it. Just curious. Underneath those leaves are like other leaves. I guess I’m interested because if this plant buds up, it’s gonna be a wicked amount of bud, but I’ve never seen any of my plants do this...

again under those drooping leaves are even more leaves underneath. It’s like super multi layered with small branches with leaves that leaves are growing up under and through leaves

What is going on here
Nugg

Nugg

Nitrogen toxic..light to close maybe.you already said it's a handful of things...

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

Nitrogen toxic..light to close maybe.you already said it's a handful of things...

i just started feeding it once I was informed it needed more nutrients. It’s been doing this since before. But my ph is about 6.0-6.5 both before and run off. What could be causing nitrogen overload? I’ll be sure to raise the lights a bit more

Nugg

Nugg

No info listed of what you are doing or using...we can't help without everything..

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

Ok it’s in a 5 gallon fabric pot. The messed up thing was that it’s in real-used soil(I know...cardinal sin) other than that, I was watering consistently. It was growing regularly. My other plant in the tent was growing very weird. It had severely under developed leaves. But then it finally started to grow out. So I purchased a 3rd led light so there are 3 (600 watt led lights in the tent). I wanted to up my yield so I switched to a 18-6 light schedule.

anything I’m missing? Any questions I may have skipped?

Nugg

Nugg

Ok it’s in a 5 gallon fabric pot. The messed up thing was that it’s in real-used soil(I know...cardinal sin) other than that, I was watering consistently. It was growing regularly. My other plant in the tent was growing very weird. It had severely under developed leaves. But then it finally started to grow out. So I purchased a 3rd led light so there are 3 (600 watt led lights in the tent). I wanted to up my yield so I switched to a 18-6 light schedule.

anything I’m missing? Any questions I may have skipped?
Soil..watering every day?... That's to much.tell us ppm.light height.ph...18-6 light schedule. From what? More yield from a light schedule?.. probably can't really fix but maybe we can get you on right track

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

Plants in soil need a good wet AND dry cycle. Next time try taking a picture in natural lighting. Normally, I get away with 2 waters a week with one being a feed.

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

You also need to defoliate a little and allow the growth from the nodes light and room to grow.

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

Soil..watering every day?... That's to much.tell us ppm.light height.ph...18-6 light schedule. From what? More yield from a light schedule?.. probably can't really fix but maybe we can get you on right track

Not every day. Consistently so my time was every 3rd day

ph 6.0-6.5 run off is the same

don’t know ppm
Plant is growing so I’ll raise the lights. I think it’s shown there but I can believe that the lights may be too close. I only kept them close because when they were higher, there were a lot of dark spots inside the tent. The 3rd light kinda helped with that.

Royal queen seeds says the best light schedule for auto flower was 18-6. My previous yield was like maybe 2oz which I didn’t mind I guess because I was told stressing auto flowers weren’t recommended as they are hard to recover from it. So no bending or sea of green or topping. Plus I bought a 32x32x60 tent so it’s but so much I can fit in there considering I have an apartment.

anyhoo yeah royal queen seeds recommended that schedule. I’ve already backed the lights back to my original 16-8. I’ll raise the lights higher as well. Below I’ll show you a picture of my second plant(the one that had under-developed leaves)

KEEP IN MIND

I’m typically better at growing. These were just tests from a site I purchased from. I planted these while I waited for the seeds I really wanted, to come in the mail. Since these sprouted, I figure I keep going.

28C59017 4FA2 4939 90CD CC3E8A191B81
280E5E1F A392 4033 B6C2 170EB0496032
MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

Plants in soil need a good wet AND dry cycle. Next time try taking a picture in natural lighting. Normally, I get away with 2 waters a week with one being a feed.

I may have misspoke. But yes it’s definitely twice a week. Here are photos of my supplements I use and also my feeding

17004371 84A7 4F25 AADB D928834D2EF2
18F985BD 0FBE 41C7 B53E F64CF1AE1EC5
Kepp89

Kepp89

i'm not a pro but i find it highly doubtful that you put in ph 6.0 to 6.5 and runoff at 6.0 to 6.5. its like the soil is dead? im confused. how is in and out the same?

dire wolf

dire wolf

I think your plants might be choked out by nutrients .....
And maybe by the used soil , could be high in salt build up...
Maybe start up some fresh seeds , the plants look a little rough,
Sometimrs the genetics suck..

Or transplant them into some fresh growing medium ..

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

i'm not a pro but i find it highly doubtful that you put in ph 6.0 to 6.5 and runoff at 6.0 to 6.5. its like the soil is dead? im confused. how is in and out the same?

im not sure but that’s what I got. If you want me to snap a picture of before and after I can but I always ph before. I checked after it’s run off and it was still good

8A3F1FA9 F704 4A00 B902 C82C81ABE2D1
MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

I think your plants might be choked out by nutrients .....
And maybe by the used soil , could be high in salt build up...
Maybe start up some fresh seeds , the plants look a little rough,
Sometimrs the genetics suck..

Or transplant them into some fresh growing medium ..

thought about transplant but idk I’m not a super genius with this so often I have to research and because I’m dealing with autos, was told some plants don’t bounce back from transplant shock. How it could be too stressful. If you guys give the go ahead, I’ll try but I’monly going by what I researched.

Kepp89

Kepp89

I checked after it’s run off and it was still good

thats what's strange to me. look into doing a slurry test. its mighty simple. you might need to use a different ph on your water moving forward for a short time because of where the soil is in its own regard. for a while my (slurry) was 7.8 a while back so i had to use like 5.0 ph'd water 3-4 times to neutralize some of the soil properties and then my plants bounced back once the soil's balance was attained.

your issue could be unrelated to what i mentioned above, but that ph in and out being so similar is weird to me. if you used too many nutes it would cause this to happen where the plant cant use nutes (lockout) so the soil keeps them and it throws the balance of the soil out of wack.

so imo, do the slurry test see what you get then post answer here but dont use low ph'd water for watering until one of the more knowledgeable people chime in. but you will need distilled or at least 7.0 ph'd water for the slurry test.

also not sure how you test runoff but often times fresh water from the pour runs along the outside of the pot almost immediately and that becomes your "runoff" which really didnt do anything except leave the canister and drop into the runoff catcher so ph would hardly be affected

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

thats what's strange to me. look into doing a slurry test. its mighty simple. you might need to use a different ph on your water moving forward for a short time because of where the soil is in its own regard. for a while my (slurry) was 7.8 a while back so i had to use like 5.0 ph'd water 3-4 times to neutralize some of the soil properties and then my plants bounced back once the soil's balance was attained.

your issue could be unrelated to what i mentioned above, but that ph in and out being so similar is weird to me. if you used too many nutes it would cause this to happen where the plant cant use nutes (lockout) so the soil keeps them and it throws the balance of the soil out of wack.

so imo, do the slurry test see what you get then post answer here but dont use low ph'd water for watering until one of the more knowledgeable people chime in. but you will need distilled or at least 7.0 ph'd water for the slurry test.

also not sure how you test runoff but often times fresh water from the pour runs along the outside of the pot almost immediately and that becomes your "runoff" which really didnt do anything except leave the canister and drop into the runoff catcher so ph would hardly be affected
I’ll ph it up to 7 and then test the run off and let you know.
Maybe I should take pics underneath. Like you see the plant and it’s literally leaves growing underneath and thru other leaves. Kinda weird. Only thing I got is that when it’s time to bud up, that it’s gonna be quite heavy.

dire wolf

dire wolf

I’ll ph it up to 7 and then test the run off and let you know.
Maybe I should take pics underneath. Like you see the plant and it’s literally leaves growing underneath and thru other leaves. Kinda weird. Only thing I got is that when it’s time to bud up, that it’s gonna be quite heavy.
Can you take that pic and post it ?
Without the purple light, just room lit or flash
Maybe we can see if the leaves are showing defiencies or other problems

Top Bottom