What is going on here

• Thread starter MadSciNtst
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

The severe leaf claw is is a deficiency sign probably nitrogen toxicity or heavy overwatering

now that I realized. I own up to it. I was lazy and a plant that I threw out(male) I refused the soil. So that was on me. I was given the supplements as you see in the picture as well as the feeding. So I mean I tried. What should I do less of or more of? I will see if it can use a bit more watering or if I should wait a few days

dire wolf

dire wolf

Deff wait a few days , dont stress at all ,everybody is learning , even me , even the pros . There are so many variables , i would transplant gently into promix with extra perlite , geta a container next size up , gently wet the promix , now the roots have a cozy clean fresh zone to re adjust in

If your autoflower goes into shock ,screw it , toss it in the garbage, so im not clear on the used soil , it could have been heavily built up with nutrients and then , maybe you added even more nutrients ?

It dosent matter , if it was me i would try to shake all of the old shit out of the pot and , start with a gentle combo of fox farm forest , or any fortified soil and cut it with promix and perlite...
Maybe 50 %promix , 25 %perlite 25%fox farm , give her time to clean up....

On the other hand , you can easily cut a bunch of clones, there by removing your plant compeletly from the danger zone, root the clones , pull off 10, clones ,, root them ,and begin a better thought out plan , really you wont loose time , its a better idea than trying to revive this rooted plant that is already a mess , and is not going to yield as you expect

Bubba does mot yield big , and its a very heavy narcotic high , is that what you want ?

Bubba kush is a famous indica, very heavy stoned feeling, also most bubbas are broad leafed and bushy but contrary to what youve been saying, they yield low , small buds so if you were expecting an explosion of bud , you will again be dissapointed......

Last edited:
MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

No, not when you test , take it anytime....

here are 3 pictures. 1 ahead and 2 giving you a kind of underneath view in which you’ll see how they’re growing in layers. Now I’ve seen and read up on mutation in plants. But this is a bit different.

61AC77C9 F78B 4429 A745 009B40E5E38B
2B07BEE9 5294 41AC A381 1092D92F4F3A
1C27CEB6 EC91 41F9 A456 85FF43B1620F
AE881136 4E7D 46C1 961D A1F20B26F515
MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

Deff wait a few days , dont stress at all ,everybody is learning , even me , even the pros . There are so many variables , i would transplant gently into promix with extra perlite , geta a container next size up , gently wet the promix , now the roots have a cozy clean fresh zone to re adjust in

If your autoflower goes into shock ,screw it , toss it in the garbage, so im not clear on the used soil , it could have been heavily built up with nutrients and then , maybe you added even more nutrients ?

It dosent matter , if it was me i would try to shake all of the old shit out of the pot and , start with a gentle combo of fox farm forest , or any fortified soil and cut it with promix and perlite...

On the other hand , you can easily cut a bunch of clones, there by removing your plant compeletly from the danger zone, root the clones , pull off 10, clones ,, root them ,and begin a better thought out plan , really you wont loose time , its a better idea than trying to revive this rooted plant that is already a mess , and is not going to yield as you expect

Bubba does mot yield big , and its a very heavy narcotic high , is that what you want ?

Bubba kush is a famous indica, very heavy stoned feeling, also most bubbas are broad leafed and bushy but contrary to what youve been saying, they yield low , small buds so if you were expecting an explosion of bud , you will again be dissapointed......
I’m actually not sure what strain this is...I used to get my seeds from the single seed center. You buy whatever strain and they give you free ones. This, didn’t have a name. They said it was from their platinum collection. Now I believed them, I guess...because they gave me Moonshine Haze and Blue Dream for free before so they have a pattern of giving away some pretty decent strains. So yeah I’m not sure what this is...I ordered a bunch of different seeds so I just planted these to kinda fill in the gap. Maybe cure them a little longer to maximize whatever potency I could get from them. Growing in my living room is white widow and queen royal.

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

ALSO....I’m sure you see the yellowing. That’s on the lower leaves. Which I was told i could expect as the lower leaves stop getting nutrient attention. I’ll clip those. While looking underneath I see either under developed leaves or ones starting or have already wilted. I’ll clip those too but other than that, they’re still a lot that are kinda intertwining with each other. Very bushy

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

Severe eagle clawing, your tips are burnt, yea it's dry and im watering every other day but back off on the nutes.
It’s crazy because I just watered it. It is dark green. Thinking phosphorus from research. I’ll definitely flush tho

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

nothing wrong with reusing soil,just know what you got,from the look of that plant,your soil is loaded i mean loaded with nitrogen,a simple little 15 buck npk test kit from amazon will serve all questions,also i think you misunderstood the instruction of a slurry test,or i read your reply wrong,you cant ph up your water to 7 to do the test,it is simple process,take 1 part soil and 2 parts distilled or ro water stir it up ,let it sit undisturbed for 30 min ,by then all floating stuff be on top all silt be on bottom right in the middle were the liquid is,stick ph pen in there and get your reading.
you say reg soil,what do you mean? reg used ocean forest?reg soil from back yard ?

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

nothing wrong with reusing soil,just know what you got,from the look of that plant,your soil is loaded i mean loaded with nitrogen,a simple little 15 buck npk test kit from amazon will serve all questions,also i think you misunderstood the instruction of a slurry test,or i read your reply wrong,you cant ph up your water to 7 to do the test,it is simple process,take 1 part soil and 2 parts distilled or ro water stir it up ,let it sit undisturbed for 30 min ,by then all floating stuff be on top all silt be on bottom right in the middle were the liquid is,stick ph pen in there and get your reading.
you say reg soil,what do you mean? reg used ocean forest?reg soil from back yard ?
I’m not sure about the reg soil. Can you show me? Maybe it was a typo.
Now that we are on topic of soil, I use Great Lakes Water mixed with Worm Castings

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Not every day. Consistently so my time was every 3rd day

ph 6.0-6.5 run off is the same

don’t know ppm
Plant is growing so I’ll raise the lights. I think it’s shown there but I can believe that the lights may be too close. I only kept them close because when they were higher, there were a lot of dark spots inside the tent. The 3rd light kinda helped with that.

Royal queen seeds says the best light schedule for auto flower was 18-6. My previous yield was like maybe 2oz which I didn’t mind I guess because I was told stressing auto flowers weren’t recommended as they are hard to recover from it. So no bending or sea of green or topping. Plus I bought a 32x32x60 tent so it’s but so much I can fit in there considering I have an apartment.

anyhoo yeah royal queen seeds recommended that schedule. I’ve already backed the lights back to my original 16-8. I’ll raise the lights higher as well. Below I’ll show you a picture of my second plant(the one that had under-developed leaves)

KEEP IN MIND

I’m typically better at growing. These were just tests from a site I purchased from. I planted these while I waited for the seeds I really wanted, to come in the mail. Since these sprouted, I figure I keep going.
It's not true that you can't top and transplant autoflowers

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

And that’s the danger with research. Which research is right and which research is wrong
I don't know but I topped and transplanted a handful of freebie Autos and they've all turned out pretty good which was a happy surprise! Good luck

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

I don't know but I topped and transplanted a handful of freebie Autos and they've all turned out pretty good which was a happy surprise! Good luck

so my plants. Nah still be topped? It’s not too late?

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

GREAT NEWS

flushed it with water. My girl sometimes takes care of my plants so maybe when I was at work she may have fed it too often. But I used nothing but water and the eagle clawing, I’m starting to see the plants start to flatten out...

also Those who asked about ph

my initial water was 7.0 which was odd. But the run off took it down to 6.0

dire wolf

dire wolf

Actually with the clean light photo , the plant dosent look as bad as i imagined...
It could just be a funky phenotype and its gonna grow however the hell it wants to....
A lot of people start up seeds and have blind faith in the description that the seller provides , in fact there are phenos all over the board and some are just downright shitty.....
It lookd like some kind of mifget plant whose limbs wont grow, and maybe nothing to do with you...

Unless you said you have copies that are growing differently , im too lazy to read the whole thresd again , sorry 😊

Last edited:
THCMonster

THCMonster

Is there anyway you can take a proper pic? Purple light doesnt give it justice! Lol

To be a smartass im gonna say your in the most serious phosphorus deficiency i have ever seen! 😂

Kepp89

Kepp89

Is there anyway you can take a proper pic? Purple light doesnt give it justice! Lol

To be a smartass im gonna say your in the most serious phosphorus deficiency i have ever seen! 😂
sroll up a bit, he did :o

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Agree with Oldskool. This is almost classic nitrogen toxicity, with the dark green growth and the clawing.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

How You Know You Have a Nitrogen Toxicity

• Dark green leaves and foliage
  • Leaf tips turn down, without signs of overwatering.
  • You may notice yellowing on the affected leaves or other signs of nutrient deficiencies as time goes on
  • Nitrogen toxicity is often but not always accompanied by nutrient burn
  • The Claw often seems random, affecting leaves here and there
  • Heat and pH problems will make the clawing worse, as they stress out the plant and lower her defenses, and cause her to drink more water (and uptake more N)
  • As time goes on, the claw leaves will eventually start turning yellow, getting spots, and dyin
BUT what would i know?

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

Actually with the clean light photo , the plant dosent look as bad as i imagined...
It could just be a funky phenotype and its gonna grow however the hell it wants to....
A lot of people start up seeds and have blind faith in the description that the seller provides , in fact there are phenos all over the board and some are just downright shitty.....
It lookd like some kind of mifget plant whose limbs wont grow, and maybe nothing to do with you...

Unless you said you have copies that are growing differently , im too lazy to read the whole thresd again , sorry 😊
You’re fine and the story is that this type is unknown. I used to buy from the single seed center. Now when you buy, they send you free random seeds. They’ve sent moonshine haze and blue dream before so they had a history of sending some decent stuff. Not great like the stuff you guys get here but not bad. So this strain is unknown. I ordered from a new site so while I waited for delivery I planted these 2. That’s pretty much the back story.

Top Bottom