What is going on here?

• Thread starter 916Fisherman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
916Fisherman

916Fisherman

Need a little help figuring out what is going on here. What is this kief/keef looking stuff on my plants? Can’t be pollen as this in a veg tent with 19 hours of light.

a couple weeks ago I had what I thought was some heat burn and dry out from very low humidity but only effected a couple plants. Got that under control but now seeing this stuff. Any ideas?

What is going on here
What is going on here 2
What is going on here 3
What is going on here 4
  • Wow
Reactions: Ina
916Fisherman

916Fisherman

Some type of pest I’m not seeing? I even sprayed last night.

95586ED3 F28F 4BF5 8AF6 102A7FFED05D
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
It DOES look like insect damage, but I have never seen insect damage quite like that. It almost looks like a fungus or rust. I'm not too versed in plant diseases, but this looks pretty atypical. Were these outside?

916Fisherman

916Fisherman

This particular plant is a very healthy Gelato planted from seed

916Fisherman

916Fisherman

This plant was thriving 2-3 days ago and now are drying and cracking, even dark green ones.

916Fisherman

916Fisherman

Well without going into detail there are microclimates and they can have quite high moisture once the plant is infected low humidity will not rid the plant of it.
Okay I’ll do some research on fungus

916Fisherman

916Fisherman

I just don’t think my environment is conducive to fungus being able to grow. I’ve been debating on adding a humidifier it’s so dry.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I just don’t think my environment is conducive to fungus being able to grow. I’ve been debating on adding a humidifier it’s so dry.
See those leaf edges? That's where there is high moisture areas at night... That how it can get infected even in low humidity. Now high humidity can increase the risk but that doesn't mean low humidity is immune. I don't know all your environmental parameters but usually thing like fungus and pm are the result of humidity spikes at night and poor airflow anytime.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just take a look at guttation. I know I have talked about it a bit here lately. And even in low humidity it can be a vector to fungus and bacteria. That's why good airflow is important. You can have humidity of 70% and good airflow and not see any issues. Likewise you can have a humidity of 30% and poor airflow and see issues.

Now if you have low humidity and add a bunch of airflow that's going to create other issues. That's why humidity over 50% is important. You can get away with maybe 40% but if you push a plant hard in it and don't have an idea of how to compensate then your likely going to have issues.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Agree with 30% RH and lack of airflow can equal fungus! Here's how you'll know, mix one level tablespoon of baking soda into 1 gallon of water and spray them top and bottom of leaf and see if that stops it? do that every other day or every third day and see if it helps?

I'm not saying I know what this is; I've never seen this before and I couldn't find it online, this is going to be school for me but in the meantime you might be able to spray & save your plants because it very well could be fungus, good luck

916Fisherman

916Fisherman

Plenty of airflow as fresh air is brought in and hot air exhausted via inline fan. Not much temp or humidity change at night as lights stay on and go off at the hottest part of the day around 2-6pm.

now I will say I did drench them last night with Monterey so maybe that is my issue. Those sprays could be giving the fungus a means of breeding.
Anything I can do for them at this point? I’ve yanked what I believe to be all the effected ones and have them sitting in the garage lol

916Fisherman

916Fisherman

Just take a look at guttation. I know I have talked about it a bit here lately. And even in low humidity it can be a vector to fungus and bacteria. That's why good airflow is important. You can have humidity of 70% and good airflow and not see any issues. Likewise you can have a humidity of 30% and poor airflow and see issues.

Now if you have low humidity and add a bunch of airflow that's going to create other issues. That's why humidity over 50% is important. You can get away with maybe 40% but if you push a plant hard in it and don't have an idea of how to compensate then your likely going to have issues.
I think that’s my problem, it got hot fast so temps went up and humidity went down fast so I put the inline Fan back online and that corresponds with the same time I believe this issue started. This gelato just seems to be the only one showing the kief looking stuff.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Plenty of airflow as fresh air is brought in and hot air exhausted via inline fan. Not much temp or humidity change at night as lights stay on and go off at the hottest part of the day around 2-6pm.

now I will say I did drench them last night with Monterey so maybe that is my issue. Those sprays could be giving the fungus a means of breeding.
Anything I can do for them at this point? I’ve yanked what I believe to be all the effected ones and have them sitting in the garage lol
Eeesh this is why I always suggest new growers avoid foliar sprays at all costs unless for treatment. They can do more harm than good if not done right.

@Beachwalker gave you a way to test. The baking will raise the ph of the leaf surface and most fungi don't like a high ph.

916Fisherman

916Fisherman

Thanks guys, I never foliage spray unless it’s clones or I’m treating as well. I’ve had too many issues from doing it in the past. This is something new for me though.
I appreciate all your help

Top Bottom