what is happening nutrient deficiency ?

• Thread starter funhoby
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

funhoby

Strain ak destroyer auto sensible seeds
In week 5 soil worm casting 70% 30 perlite and humus like potting mix.
Light 18/6
Nutrition npk 8 3 6 half of recommended dose every third day.
Why is bottom leaf started to show light green color and on some places like grey dots or grey edges.

What is happening nutrient deficiency
What is happening nutrient deficiency 2
What is happening nutrient deficiency 3
What is happening nutrient deficiency 4
What is happening nutrient deficiency 5
What is happening nutrient deficiency 6
HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

nothing do with cal mag.

it's normal for some older and lower leaves to die slowly at some point in flowering, little burn without real reasons could also happen i don't see anything here to really worry about.

you can eventually add a few more N to slow the yellowing but honestly i wouldn't bother that much if it spread slowly.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Nutrition NPK 8-3- 6 half of recommended dose every third day. This is your problem. You should be giving a plant this size this fertilizer 1/2 strength once every couple of weeks. Not every 3 days. It's also in flower now so it will be using much less nitrogen than while in veg. So it needs even less nitrogen now. Basically your plant's in hot soil.

You need to be feeding it something with a high middle number like 5-15-5.
I'd suggest that you put this plant in a sink. Slowly run a gallon of water threw the pot so it runs out the bottom.
The last bit of water, give her some cal mag. And do not feed again until the plant had dried out in a week to 10 days. Stick your finger deep into the soil every day. You will know when it's dry enough. Then give her flowering mix with a little cal mag. no more than once a week.

Always
Water the entire pot well, don't splash around the plant. Then use your finger every day so you know how dry it's getting. Let her dry out quite dry an inch down before adding water again. Feed light once a week no more than that.

bullfrog13

bullfrog13

spot on. I didnt even notice that burn. shes struggling to drink .

E

Eclipted

Nutrition NPK 8-3- 6 half of recommended dose every third day. This is your problem. You should be giving a plant this size this fertilizer 1/2 strength once every couple of weeks. Not every 3 days. It's also in flower now so it will be using much less nitrogen than while in veg. So it needs even less nitrogen now. Basically your plant's in hot soil.

You need to be feeding it something with a high middle number like 5-15-5.
I'd suggest that you put this plant in a sink. Slowly run a gallon of water threw the pot so it runs out the bottom.
The last bit of water, give her some cal mag. And do not feed again until the plant had dried out in a week to 10 days. Stick your finger deep into the soil every day. You will know when it's dry enough. Then give her flowering mix with a little cal mag. no more than once a week.

Always
Water the entire pot well, don't splash around the plant. Then use your finger every day so you know how dry it's getting. Let her dry out quite dry an inch down before adding water again. Feed light once a week no more than that.
This guy has helped me through my grow he’s a guru fr take his advice

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
geezus..
i’m not even gonna bother with @Imzzaudae’s advice…
you can easily see your watering habits created that and a couple other things i see, also the light is a bit close..
also i’m wondering if you have noticed any itty bitty tiny flies (gnats) walking/flying around soil surface?

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Hey Nick. I get that you don't like me. I don't have much use for you ether most of the advice I see you post is straight up useless Really.
You should be ashamed of yourself. And the site moderators need to check you big time I'm sick and tired of your crap.

It would be better not to hurt guys like this. His plant is obviously in hot soil. He is feeding it nitrogen 2 or 3 times a week rather than once every 7 to 10 days and it's going to crash on him. It's about as obvious as the frigging sun in the sky.
This plant is also in flower so it's going to use 1/4 what it used in veg. So the soil is going to get even hotter. How is telling me that I don't know what I'm talking about going to help this guy save his plant. It's not. Sometimes you should just keep your hate to yourself. This is one of them.

Last edited:
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Hey Nick. I get that you don't like me. I don't have much use for you ether most of the advice I see you post is straight up useless Really.
You should be ashamed of yourself. And the site moderators need to check you big time I'm sick and tired of your crap.

It would be better not to hurt guys like this. His plant is obviously in hot soil. He is feeding it nitrogen 2 or 3 times a week rather than once every 7 to 10 days and it's going to crash on him. It's about as obvious as the frigging sun in the sky.
This plant is also in flower so it's going to use 1/4 what it used in veg. So the soil is going to get even hotter. How is telling me that I don't know what I'm talking about going to help this guy save his plant. It's not. Maybe you should just keep your opinion to yourself if you don't know what your talking about.
You good man? You seem stressed out.

fromogtothis

fromogtothis

This plant is also in flower so it's going to use 1/4 what it used in veg. So the soil is going to get even hotter. How is telling me that I don't know what I'm talking about going to help this guy save his plant. It's not. Sometimes you should just keep your hate to yourself. This is one of them.
I feed my girls out in pots every single time I water. After they consume all the nutrients in the soil I treat them like hydro, and give them light feedings every single time I feed them. I also don't start giving them any bloom formula until they are starting to stack a little.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Well the OP can ether take my advice or he can keep on feeding it 3 times a week and see what happens,.
I could care less about fungus gnats. This plant is already in trouble. If he does not deal with the hot soil this plant will die on him over the next week or 2.

That's my opinion

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
well, ok, he never said what exact nutrients he’s giving, and the way he feeds, is exactly how I do it. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with his frequency of nutrition, every strain wants something different, so speaking in finite terms is never the ticket here. And a water bath for a plant that is showing some overwatering stress, I don’t think flushing the medium would help here. A little bit of die back on lower under developed leaves is completely normal, especially as needs change. I don’t see anything resembling a nutrient toxicity here.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Well the OP can ether take my advice or he can keep on feeding it 3 times a week and see what happens,.
I could care less about fungus gnats. This plant is already in trouble. If he does not deal with the hot soil this plant will die on him over the next week or 2.

That's my opinion
yes the nutrients i was gonna address after he answers the gnat question.. yes seems excessive for N but it’s not causing issues, yes the npk should be adjusted soon..
there’s ways of addressing growers concerns instead of just blurting out the same old useless crap..
and thanks for the compliments..

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter

That's my opinion
Can I ask what “trouble”? I’m genuinely confused by that….

Latest posts

Top Bottom