What is happening to them? Things are looking grim.

• Thread starter Hobblebush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sambapati

sambapati

Use a heat lamp 100w Cheap and adds a lot of warmth to a small area. With your lights on of course. If it gets too hot put it on a timer 1/2 hr on 1/2 hr off. I use them over a heater that can use too many amps. Even an incandescent light will add heat.
That makes a lot of sense, I've got the opposite here too hot 93 today (again)

brianakabear

brianakabear

👆 its become more popular with new growers to just drop seedlings or clones straight into 3 or 5 gal containers , i still go strictly with stage growing containers , put small plants into small containets , let root , up pot to next size ,
2 or 3 transplants till final container , relieves a lot of space , water , nutrient issues in my experience
Just my experience , others may disagree....
What about with autoflowers?

Hobblebush

Hobblebush

@Aqua Man
They look so much better. Sadly they are severely stunted and a long ways away from where they should be.

The big one is having some more issues with nitrogen clawing. I haven’t been giving it any nutrients for almost 4 weeks.

top stems have a lot of clawing, two on the right are pointed up. There’s lots more all over the plant but it’s easiest to see here. Any thoughts on what I should do? I was planning on putting it outside once it stopped getting so damn cold. Is there any way to sex it before flower?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
@Aqua Man
They look so much better. Sadly they are severely stunted and a long ways away from where they should be.
View attachment 972593
View attachment 972594
The big one is having some more issues with nitrogen clawing. I haven’t been giving it any nutrients for almost 4 weeks.
View attachment 972595
top stems have a lot of clawing, two on the right are pointed up. There’s lots more all over the plant but it’s easiest to see here. Any thoughts on what I should do? I was planning on putting it outside once it stopped getting so damn cold. Is there any way to sex it before flower?
for the most part the big one looks fine, im sure you got your stuff dialed in by now, the clawing could be from a bit of too much N. but it’s ok for now. might be from watering too much or even heat stress.
always give the plants a few days to adjust to the change to see the results..

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Aqua Man
View attachment 972593
View attachment 972594
View attachment 972595
Good news. As was said old damage and toxicity will not go away and the damaged leaves may get worse. This is to be expected. Your focus now should be on new growth. And making sure you let the soil dry out well before watering again. I don't mean bone dry.

What soil mix is it again? Sorry I forget, been bouncing around a few threads.

They look much better already

sambapati

sambapati

Not sure if this affects you in Vermont but if you are using rainwater could it contain acid rain? Perhaps switch to RO water and see if that fixes the problem.

Hobblebush

Hobblebush

Good news. As was said old damage and toxicity will not go away and the damaged leaves may get worse. This is to be expected. Your focus now should be on new growth. And making sure you let the soil dry out well before watering again. I don't mean bone dry.

Coast of main platinum, local compost, perlite, worm castings and bonemeal

Hobblebush

Hobblebush

they change so quickly. I fix one issue it feels like another pops up. The big plant now has some beginning discoloration, not only is it getting lighter, the clawing seems to be getting worse and the new growth is suffering.

If you zoom on the brighter spots, they have a strange scaly texture

In this photo you can see one side of a leaf curling under itself, and the coloration is getting sort of spotty. Could this be light burn, overwatering or a nutrient issue?

this is new growth at the top of the plant, it’s clawing and twisting

I think it’s the beginning of nitrogen Deficiency

sambapati

sambapati

they change so quickly. I fix one issue it feels like another pops up. The big plant now has some beginning discoloration, not only is it getting lighter, the clawing seems to be getting worse and the new growth is suffering.
View attachment 972806
If you zoom on the brighter spots, they have a strange scaly texture
View attachment 972810

In this photo you can see one side of a leaf curling under itself, and the coloration is getting sort of spotty. Could this be light burn, overwatering or a nutrient issue?

this is new growth at the top of the plant, it’s clawing and twisting
View attachment 972807
I think it’s the beginning of nitrogen Deficiency
I know this is a crazy suggestion but how about aerate around the plant with straws -- like the density of the mix is too hot too much (that is me talking to myself). I wonder if adding coconut coir would help.....Is it too early to suggest just pruning some of the twisted sister leaves now?

Hobblebush

Hobblebush

I know this is a crazy suggestion but how about aerate around the plant with straws -- like the density of the mix is too hot too much (that is me talking to myself). I wonder if adding coconut coir would help.....Is it too early to suggest just pruning some of the twisted sister leaves now?
I think I’ll start foliar feed today with either liquid seaweed or dr jimz chicken soup. It’s so strange that so many leaves have a Claw and are very dark and some are lightening up and looking bad now. I haven’t used nutes in about a month

sambapati

sambapati

I think I’ll start foliar feed today with either liquid seaweed or dr jimz chicken soup. It’s so strange that so many leaves have a Claw and are very dark and some are lightening up and looking bad now. I haven’t used nutes in about a month
Have you tried aloe foliar spray. If you have some cactus around or the Rx just mix w water and spray. I repotted all my plants they weren't getting anywhere. Now have Neem oil. Will read up on how exactly to do it.

Hobblebush

Hobblebush

It seems pretty dark green for needing more food. Less is more when it comes to nutrients in my opinion.
Yeah I don’t think I will feed it more, it’s just idk what’s up with that lighter discoloration that’s damaging the leaves

4TREESCANNABIS

4TREESCANNABIS

Yeah I don’t think I will feed it more, it’s just idk what’s up with that lighter discoloration that’s damaging the leaves
It looks like it could be bug damage. I agree with the neem oil comment and would mix any 100% neem oil blend (amazon) or hydroponic stores Einstine oil is good too but probably more money then Amazons. Mix the neem oil at 2 TBSP per liter and add 2 or 3 drops of sunlight dish soap (original lemon scent). The soap breaks up the oil and acts as a wetting agent, it also traps any bug eggs and additionally washes bugs down to the bottom of the plant. The neem oil is toxic to bugs and coats the leaf in a nice shine that keeps bugs and molds away, great stuff. The neem oil and soap should be sprayed a few times a week. I like to alternate with that and a liquid karma spray (always with dish soap in spray) and spray daily until week 2 of flower or when buds set in.

Hobblebush

Hobblebush

It looks like it could be bug damage. I agree with the neem oil comment and would mix any 100% neem oil blend (amazon) or hydroponic stores Einstine oil is good too but probably more money then Amazons. Mix the neem oil at 2 TBSP per liter and add 2 or 3 drops of sunlight dish soap (original lemon scent). The soap breaks up the oil and acts as a wetting agent, it also traps any bug eggs and additionally washes bugs down to the bottom of the plant. The neem oil is toxic to bugs and coats the leaf in a nice shine that keeps bugs and molds away, great stuff. The neem oil and soap should be sprayed a few times a week. I like to alternate with that and a liquid karma spray (always with dish soap in spray) and spray daily until week 2 of flower or when buds set in.

i had a problem recently with fungus gnats and haven’t seen one in quite a while. Maybe 3 weeks. Could it be residual damage from when there was an issue? I haven’t seen any other bugs yet, I’ll check the underside of the leaves when I get back but I think the gnats were on the plants for a good 3 weeks before I treated them. I used tanlin drops and mosquito dunks for a watering then just had a little tanlin in the water and it’s worked amazingly. No more gnats.

sambapati

sambapati

Would the soap you use to wash vegetables also work? I don't think we have the sunlight dish soap here in Thailand. The most recent dish soap I bought said that it will kill germs (me thinks this is bad). I have 60 mm of Organic Neem Oil and will be using same. Thanks and a tip of the hat to you both. I saw a pretty big centipede in the backyard and he wasn't wearning a mask or practicing social distancing

4TREESCANNABIS

4TREESCANNABIS

i had a problem recently with fungus gnats and haven’t seen one in quite a while. Maybe 3 weeks. Could it be residual damage from when there was an issue? I haven’t seen any other bugs yet, I’ll check the underside of the leaves when I get back but I think the gnats were on the plants for a good 3 weeks before I treated them. I used tanlin drops and mosquito dunks for a watering then just had a little tanlin in the water and it’s worked amazingly. No more gnats.
Tanlin works well for them. Yes, it could just be old damage form them. Keep an eye out for them and I would recommend using the neem oil spray still as a preventative measure. Scoop the top half inch layer of soil out with a bag and remove. Regular foliar feeds with neem and other things like Liquid Karma are good too to keep them clean.

sambapati

sambapati

Tanlin works well for them. Yes, it could just be old damage form them. Keep an eye out for them and I would recommend using the neem oil spray still as a preventative measure. Scoop the top half inch layer of soil out with a bag and remove. Regular foliar feeds with neem and other things like Liquid Karma are good too to keep them clean.
That scooping out the top 1/2 # of soil is another pro tip...smart

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What's your humidity at? They have started transpiring more which is good but may being other challenges forward.

Temps day night now?
Humidity day and night?
Airflow and exchange (running circulation and exchange fans?

Latest posts

Top Bottom