What is the best bulb?

• Thread starter Drizzle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dankworth

dankworth

do you use digilux bro,my boy was just telling me he's going to try them out he always uses hortiluxb so do i

I do use digilux hps and mh. I like the brightness, the spectrum, and the price. Super hella bright, especially on a digital ballast turned all the way up. I do like them better than I liked hortiluxes.
They straight up put out more weight IMO.

deep buddy

deep buddy

both hortilux mh bulbs are good the more expensive one is the "blue" or 5500k and has a much wider spectrum range(imo not worth the money unless your rich).

but i have used eye/hort bulbs in mh and hps for years and they are great . also sun master halides are awesome and come in a few flavors. but i use plantmax or ultrasun now period. being able to change the bulb every run far outweighs any "quality" issues they might have.

if i was going strictly for my head and didnt have to worry about #'s id run all sunmaster warm deluxes(at least the ones i used to get im not sure if they are the same)

dankworth

dankworth

wait...so Metal Halide..... hortilux blue MH or hortilux MH

Blue or regular ?one is $50 one is $125 as far as 1000watt i see

The expensive horti blue daylight mh(5500k, like $220-230 full retail) has a crappy lifespan.
But if you can afford it, and have a section of your flowering area that is for your personal, it will produce better meds than any other lamp I know of.
I have put dozens of hours into finding a lamp that will deliver the same results with an affordable cost. No clear winner yet.

datDANK

datDANK

bump

i'm looking for some bulbs ... thinking about getting some $30 chinese bulbs .. wondering if i should just spend the money on hortilux

juggernaut

juggernaut

I use Hortilux blue and HPS Hortilux Super......never had a problem....Great when mixing them.
I am going to try the super blue hps but I'm guessing I already have a good mix.

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

If you aren't running double ended bulbs, what's your go-to these days?

xavier7995

xavier7995

I roll with the ultra sun or whatever is cheapest for the 1k. My hobby doesn't need to get even more expensive than it already is.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Nada, i have a pretty good vent system so it stays about 5 degrees above ambient. If i were setting something up today though, yeah, i would go with the more modern tech. I havent run ac in my house for a couple of years now, its a pretty mild climate and only gets uncomfortably warm a few weeks a year so i can just work around it.

Top Bottom