GT21

I like soup
Supporter
No such thing as a good dry trimmer.
I respectfully disagree
Screenshot 2016 09 05 14 09 01

frebo

frebo

Last year we rented a Trimbro (NOT TRIM PRO) made in Gold Hill, Oregon. It was pretty good and fast. We trimmed about 30 pounds in 5 hours. You still have to do a little hand trimming to satisfy the snivlers at the dispensaries.

mancdank

mancdank

The trim pal I belive to be the best on the market I will know for sure in a few days time but from all trusted reports there the DADDY of dry trimmers maybe @G gnome would share some knowledge

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

Personally couldn't tel you have always wet trimmed and be done with it da hell i want to mess with final product other then put them in bags :)

frebo

frebo

Personally couldn't tel you have always wet trimmed and be done with it da hell i want to mess with final product other then put them in bags :)
I have tried wet trimming and I have a friend who has a pretty good wet trimmer but I am one of those people that think hanging the plants helps FINISH what the plant was doing when cut. Also the drying is easier and a lot less reson on your hands.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Chikamusas in the hands of short latin girls in their mid 20s...hands down the best dry trimmer around. Unless trichomes aren't your thing. Some people just don't need trichomes because their weed is already fire enough.

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

I have tried wet trimming and I have a friend who has a pretty good wet trimmer but I am one of those people that think hanging the plants helps FINISH what the plant was doing when cut. Also the drying is easier and a lot less reson on your hands.
Once a plant is chopped its dead and the drying process begins
hanging or wet trimming makes no difference its just preference

mancdank

mancdank

Once a plant is chopped its dead and the drying process begins
hanging or wet trimming makes no difference its just preference
I strongly disagree bro have u ever wet trimmed your bud in a machine ??? imo for 10/10 quality the bud needs to dried nice and steady and it needs to be hung I always hang the full plant and only fan leaves removed it makes for a far superior smoke. Wet trim machines should only really be used for all the larf (bottom shitty bits)

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

I strongly disagree bro have u ever wet trimmed your bud in a machine ??? imo for 10/10 quality the bud needs to dried nice and steady and it needs to be hung I always hang the full plant and only fan leaves removed it makes for a far superior smoke. Wet trim machines should only really be used for all the larf (bottom shitty bits)
Have i ever wet trimmed buds on a machine for your answer yes. i have have and i have also hung plants to dry
Now i have been away from trimming or yields that i was accustomed to years back from the law enforcement units you most fear..
but back in the day , not so long ago we used hand trimmers cost was up over 10,000 dollars 800 pounds but when unloading 100's of pounds or what ever to a trained I or person spending 10, 50, 100 + thousand dollars . could easily pick out machine trimmed buds .. which effects price per pound
With new era or tech of trimmer machines again looks like there coming around but have not seen them working . (Personally ) how long they last how well they perform once things get sticky etc..
All i know is when we hired trimmers they worked 7 hrs a day no longer usually that is around the time when they get sloppy but yeah 18 days hand trim 800 pounds 13,000 later know one complains
Wet trimming with machine works ok it rips buds once blades get sticky so its constant alcohol leaning ever hr or so pending on amount passed
when we used machines it was adjusted to light cut final wet trim was with hands
then on screens
goal to trimming is to have all the leaf matter tips cut and a tight trim

Real goal is not touching the buds or least amount of time

Now with hanging plants chop hang even pull some larger leafs off was more costly ..
Cause now all the leafs shriveled up into the bud ..
which can create a cluster fuck and more involvement handling the buds

Growing flowering drying and trimming is a art anyone of them stages can make or break you shitty trim prices drop
Shitty flowering plants suffer in yield
Improper drying gives you hay
so where does it end ??????
Honestly all depends on amount your drying convenience personal or commercial
you can have the dankiest strain known to man but if it looks and smells like shit your going to get shit prices

So again in my situation wet trimming was guarantee wet trimmed , on screens and slow dry
for some they may not have the space to dry so hanging in there closet or green house is better choice for them
its what ever works best for your situation

mancdank

mancdank

Lol them numbers are insane bro :) and I agree I guess it's down to situation and preference but ime for 10/10 it needs hanging whole and dry trim. I've got the #2 unit trim pal on its way cost just shy of £7k. We done it your way for years and years everything other than the drying racks we've found the bud burns hot and harsh when dried in racks off the stem. Were u working inside or out ?

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
In general this post shows the difference between those that grow extremely large amounts that use mechanical trimmers and those that grow smaller amounts that hand trim. When trimming wet we should all agree the amount of chlorophyll that is secreted to the flower does have a tainted effect to the final flower when consumed, correct? When the plant is removed from the pot and taken to dry on the stock ( this takes much longer for the drying process ) the finished product when hand trimmed with care is a productthat ultimately should be the standard in the industry. Unfortunately the peeps that go to these "recreational dispensaries" (needy weed heads) do not no the difference between quality. All there looking for is quantity. Not quality.
Peace

S

SHIRDABZALOT

There is no comparison of a whole plant dry hand trimmed bud vs a wet trimmed bud. Any one that says there is, probably doesn't smoke weed. Boutique quality can never be achieved in a cash cropping mentality. Thats like saying that a dodge is as good as a ferrari. No comparison. That shit isn't even a debate. Quality always demands top dollar....and always has a whiner that cant afford it.

Top Bottom