What is your dream light?

• Thread starter 313131
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

I would pay the premium if i was truly convinced its an upgrade.From what ive seen HPS makes the best indoor buds (with some supplemental)

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

I've been thinking that two lights in a 2x4 is better if there are only two plants in the tent (which is how I grow). That way, each plant can be under its own light. The only problem with two lights is the crossover at the center when there's more than two plants. I think burning the one in the middle could be a problem.
I run 2 of these in my 2x4 with no issues with burning. The new lenses seem to spread the light out more. My plants are only 9" from the light, on 100%, with no issues

hillbil

hillbil

So many “Dream Lights”. A Buck or so a watt! No fucking bulbs to keep buying. Boards and Bars FTW.

Zer0Tolerance

Zer0Tolerance

My dream light for my 4x4.... Has a couple key features:

-It's ~800+ watts Dimmable 10% increments
-I can selectively shut off half the light if I only want to run half the tent if I want
-All the other features you see in great lights. Better yet, run each half at whatever power I want.

Sometimes I might not want to run a full tent at high intensity, so it would be nice to have a light that allows that.

I dont know much about leds yet but that sounds like you want two daisy chained 400 watt lights.
@wonkas THC That light does look pretty fuckin advanced. I wish it was 800+ watts

WonkasTHC

WonkasTHC

I dont know much about leds yet but that sounds like you want two daisy chained 400 watt lights.
@wonkas THC That light does look pretty fuckin advanced. I wish it was 800+ watts
Its 650 watts, tunable spectrum, sunrise sunset options, and fits a 5x5, or 4x4 commercial

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
Back in the day we use to get excited by spinning reflectors, Duel ended HID lighting and the prospect of Plasma bulbs.
Seems all that has died. I'm still a dinosaur using my HPS. One day i will switch but I have never seen buds IRL in front of my eyes grown under CFL that are as good as 1000 watt HPS buds.

Are you running your dream light right now? What is it? If not What is your dream light if money was not of concern?
Funny you said PLASMA LIGHT... HERE is my retired equipment.... however I will still use plasma for supplemental lighting here and there... I moved on from My 1000w hps to medicgrow ez8 1000w led... yes true 1000w at the wall... in my tent I have phlozon fd6500... I really love my leds.... it's time to do away with hps.... better environmental control with leds

20231030 074633
20231030 074609
20231220 185014
JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
Funny you said PLASMA LIGHT... HERE is my retired equipment.... however I will still use plasma for supplemental lighting here and there... I moved on from My 1000w hps to medicgrow ez8 1000w led... yes true 1000w at the wall... in my tent I have phlozon fd6500... I really love my leds.... it's time to do away with hps.... better environmental control with leds
I also love my phlizon fd 6500... she puts out yields too!!!

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I got the P2000 for veg just recently, its also not full dimming capable. I keep second guessing my early trials on seedlings, it's either 25% or 50% and I would prefer more adjustment. Should I go closer with 25% or higher at 50%......
There are only two ways to change the light intensity: the dimmer or the height of the light itself. I don't have a stepwise power knob, but I'd say to choose the higher power setting and raise the light. I think 18 to 36 inches is the sweet spot for distance from the light to the plant. I'm not sure why closer isn't recommended, but I think it might be because of radiant heat.

I run 2 of these in my 2x4 with no issues with burning. The new lenses seem to spread the light out more. My plants are only 9" from the light, on 100%, with no issues
Yes... Those are good lights. The new lens technology seems to be a winner. I have older versions that don't have that. The idea, though, is that overlapping light cones can provide more light intensity than expected. It's just something to consider.

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

I fulfilled My dream its coming this Thursday Bios Endeavor from KIS Organics thanks Tadd Hussey @ KIS I got a GREAT DEAL on this and Expert advice 👍✌️

Li2 630W 3 980x470
Top Bottom