What is your fav product(s) for root zone health in your RDWC system?

• Thread starter Chronic Monster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

What is your fav product(s) for root zone health in your RDWC system?

• Total voters
Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

In my UCs and on my tables i use bleach at every nute change out... Benies or not (the death of both fungi and bacterial forms of beneficials is part of the nitrification, ect cycle). I run 1 ml per 10 gal of industrial clorox (5.25% bleach) for 1 hour plus drain time (w/drip) for ucs, and for the last 1-2 days on tables. i do this at a ph of 5.5-6.0 and with a full nute solution (lots of buffer). This dosage seems to be just enough to manage bacteria and i do increase dosage for some other issues at times.... (pic has more info if your interested.)

just to make sure Im getting this correctly.

Do you add bleach to the nutrient solution that is going to be changed out at 1ml per 10 gal, then drain the system and refill with fresh nutrients?
Also how often do you do complete nutrient change outs?:wondering:joint:

G

GroovyHydro

Great Thread! I didn't vote for us since it would be toooooooo cheesey lol. Have a great weekend farmers!

Chris Wolf;
Groovy

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

haha :D
so hey
while you are here Chris, I was wondering if Down Under hf can be used as a foliar treatment.. I first wondered when I read this thread.

Thanks

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

just to make sure Im getting this correctly.

Do you add bleach to the nutrient solution that is going to be changed out at 1ml per 10 gal, then drain the system and refill with fresh nutrients?
Also how often do you do complete nutrient change outs?:wondering:joint:

You understood correctly. Change outs are done every 2 weeks, or sometimes at 8-10 days if the plants take solution below 100 ppm (this happens often even with an add-back at day 4-5).

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

I'm gonna have to say roots excel and aquashield... AS is that shit I wouldn't roll without it in a chillerless system.

deacon1503

deacon1503

I run RE and AS and crown with GW and also run my chiller at 60. I will also be tryin Heavy's Prime this run which contains "microbial feed" so I need to keep that in mind too. Last run I did a half day rinsing flush with HF on feed day as a preventative. I liken it to taking a Tylenol cold dose once a week during flu season whether your sick at all or even have any symptoms. Keeping your immune system on point kinda.

This run I will be giving more attention to my rezzies with weekly h2o2 or bleach treatments to help prevent any pythium or algae development and eventual transfer to the UC. I also installed UV lights from RO to holding barrel and another from top off barrel to the epicenter float.

I have a bottle of Regen-a-Root by Canadian Express (CX Hydro) that im thinking of running instead of RE. Anyone have any experience with it?

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

I liken it to taking a Tylenol cold dose once a week during flu season whether your sick at all or even have any symptoms. Boosting your immune system kinda.

I totally disagree with your statement; sorry. Taking anything when is not necessary will just make your system weaker, not being able to fight for itself!

deacon1503

deacon1503

I totally disagree with your statement; sorry. Taking anything when is not necessary will just make your system weaker, not being able to fight for itself!

I feel you, there r definitely opposing views to this but I feel there is always some pythium present no matter how the system and water is prepared and maintained, not to mention the likelyhood of it being transferred from a cloning/veg system. If not actively treated it will survive and thrive. Maybe my analogy was bad but the bottle of HF does say "root zone therapy". I have more experience with the UC and pythium than I care to admit and i have found that being proactive with my system treatments helps me stay a step ahead of the ol' pythium.

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

interesting looking at this poll, looks like the majority of people use 1 of 5 products.

Zone, Roots Excelurator, Down Under HF, Great White & Aquashield got the majority of votes.

thanks everyone for the input :)

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

I wanted to amend my earlier statement because it seems the Zone and bleach together was not enough to prevent root rot.

New root IMP system is Zone at new rezz, H202 (at 3 ml/L of 3%) mid rezz, and bleach at change outs. Until we run out of zone anyway. then ill be trying W/O. The more i use DM products the more garbage i think they are.

G

GroovyHydro

I wanted to amend my earlier statement because it seems the Zone and bleach together was not enough to prevent root rot.

New root IMP system is Zone at new rezz, H202 (at 3 ml/L of 3%) mid rezz, and bleach at change outs. Until we run out of zone anyway. then ill be trying W/O. The more i use DM products the more garbage i think they are.

DS I've seen your methods, quite impressive. If you wanna do a test run with HF send me a PM with an email address in it, I can't reply to PMs.

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

You guys should check out an Ozone Generater as they are cheap and provide many advantages like not having to purchase bleach anymore as bleach is a byproduct of the Ozone Generator (or Hydrogen Peroxide...wont be needing that anymore either with a ozone generator)...they are cheap also and most models come with built in timers so you can set it and forget about it....you will save tons on chemicals and it has many uses......

deacon1503

deacon1503

here is a shot of one of my ECSD's 3 weeks from clone. Heavy 16 a+b, magi-cal, cx hydro regen-a-root, aquashield, and 1 ml/g HF every 3 days. no higher than 600 ppms. hopin shes a beast. :banana1sv6:

Heavy 3 weeks
Top Bottom