What is your preferred method for removing chlorine or chloramine in tap water?

• Thread starter the123321
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lordly

Lordly

goes a long way, 1 drop per gallon i think
yes, i have read same thing. how long should i wait after i mix it with water? my tap water is very bad,smell,taste and also plants dont love it,but they love the water im buying.

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

It works instantly... 1ml per 10g. A cap full treat 50gal. Been using this for over 20yrs.
The best on the market especially for it's intended use. I use to breed African Cichlids and still use it today. I can add it straight to the minnow tank/cooler and refill straight from the tap/hose.

Mospeada

Mospeada

A lot of in-line camper filters will do chlorine but not chloramine. I use it to flush my rdwc system, then use a more dedicated filter for the water in the solution. Use to use RO, bought mine for $35. Otherwise the those in-line filters are about $15.

WF42
S l500
Lordly

Lordly

A lot of in-line camper filters will do chlorine but not chloramine. I use it to flush my rdwc system, then use a more dedicated filter for the water in the solution. Use to use RO, bought mine for $35. Otherwise the those in-line filters are about $15.
i have read that you need reverse osmosis with carbon filter to remove chlorine/chloramine.

Lordly

Lordly

It works instantly... 1ml per 10g. A cap full treat 50gal. Been using this for over 20yrs.
last question about prime,what if i mix (by mistake) 2-3 times the recommended amount per gallon,should i still use it?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

i have read that you need reverse osmosis with carbon filter to remove chlorine/chloramine.
Yes you need the carbon filter for chloramine and they are not created equal I forget the exact name of the carbon.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

last question about prime,what if i mix (by mistake) 2-3 times the recommended amount per gallon,should i still use it?
Yeah no issue. In fact for high amkonia they recommend up to 5x the dose but I would call it a waste since we are not worried about the toxicity of ammonia and the need to convert it to the less lethal ammonium in our hydro setups.

Have used this as high as 10x in my planted tanks without issue but again I would not recommend it for shear waste purposes. It does also contain a small amount of sulfur which I feel is beneficial.

Lordly

Lordly

no problem, its just a release agent
Yeah no issue. In fact for high amkonia they recommend up to 5x the dose but I would call it a waste since we are not worried about the toxicity of ammonia and the need to convert it to the less lethal ammonium in our hydro setups.

Have used this as high as 10x in my planted tanks without issue but again I would not recommend it for shear waste purposes. It does also contain a small amount of sulfur which I feel is beneficial.
thanks guys,you are very helpful!

dire wolf

dire wolf

yes, i have read same thing. how long should i wait after i mix it with water? my tap water is very bad,smell,taste and also plants dont love it,but they love the water im buying.
Hey lordly , damn , thats a baby cod you got there in your avatar ? Where you get him ?

dire wolf

dire wolf

haha,just type "cod" in google search and youll find it. she/he looks really cool, like a baby sensei 😂
Hey lordly , yea i k ow all about cod , just curious where you caught him , unless you dont want to disclose info .....thats cool
Ive caught loads in the offshore north atlantic ocean..

O

OntarioGoldenHash

I use a smallboy kdg upgrade filter system from hyrologic.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I have read that it is harder to remove chloramine from tap water but what methods do you use to remove chlorine or chloramine or both of those from your tap water? I have been letting the water sit out a few nights before using it to water the plants but I am going to start using a 5 gallon bucket to let the water sit in it.

I am able to smell the chlorine smell in the tap water and the water seems to have a lower chlorine smell after it sits out a few days on there.

Do you use a air bubble pump? How big? Does it need to be in the dark on there?

I read about using ascorbic acid vitamin c powder to neutralize the chlorine or chloramine in water. That sounds like it would be the easiest way to do it. How many of you do that? How much do you use per gallon on there for it?
If you don't need a lot you can boil it before use

Top Bottom