What Kind Of Dog Food Do You Use?

• Thread starter Growin Grass
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Growin Grass

Growin Grass

I've always tried to stay away from crappy food with corn fillers and what not, but our dogs are getting old and the more I think about it the more I want to buy them some really good food, they deserve it. Thinking $60-80 (usd) for 40 lbs. should be able to get them some good chow. What do you folks feed your four legged loved ones???

Myco

Myco

I give my little 9 year old Jack Russell Merrick dog food. Not the cheapest, but she loves it, and grain-free and all that jazz.

Some of their wet food products smell like human food, lol.

The dry versions of Merrick would probably be $60-80 bones for 40lbs roughly.

My dog is super picky with dry food, and a couple times a while back she was on dry food and she loved the Merrick shit.

Good choice getting quality grub for your pups :D

Myco

Myco

Here's a list of everything my vet has recommended... And they dont really sell dog food so I would trust all of them as quality, grain-free options:

NutriSource Grain-Free
NutriSource PuraVita Grain-Free
Taste of the Wild
Innova EVO
Merrick
Blue Buffalo Freedom or Wilderness

Probably all in the premium dog food price range I would imagine.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Been trying to find the right dog food for my one dog with killer allergies..On Rachel Rays Naturals atm (Cheaper then Blue buffalo) No wheat no corn no gluten, Just chicken and veggies.. Little fuck eats healthier then i do!

And my other dog lost most of his teeth so he gets whatever canned crap he finds appealing.. usually mix it up every week and pick a new brand for him..

Myco

Myco

@Stalks - pretty much.

My vet recommends for the kitties; basically the same as my list above:

NutriSource PuraVita Grain-Free
Taste of the Wild
Innova EVO
Merrick BG (dry)
Blue Buffalo Freedom or Wilderness

I guess it is pretty much the same lol, just the kitty versions.

My two cats have been getting whatever they like... regular big box store brands... but now they're both getting older I think I'm going to switch them up to something better also.

juicey

juicey

I feed my boxer wellness which is grain free but is very expensive. Like $40 for 12 lbs. It's a bit cheaper in bulk tho. Be careful with blue buffalo as my vet said they are being sued for false ingredients stated on the Packaging.

WhoopDeeDoo

WhoopDeeDoo

I give my little 9 year old Jack Russell Merrick dog food. Not the cheapest, but she loves it, and grain-free and all that jazz.

Some of their wet food products smell like human food, lol.

The dry versions of Merrick would probably be $60-80 bones for 40lbs roughly.

My dog is super picky with dry food, and a couple times a while back she was on dry food and she loved the Merrick shit.

Good choice getting quality grub for your pups :D

I've got a Jack Russell as well and the only food he gets is Innova dry dog food anymore. On occasion he'll get Merrick tho.

15 lbs cost $33 ..but it's so worth it!

Myco

Myco

I've got a Jack Russell as well and the only food he gets is Innova dry dog food anymore. On occasion he'll get Merrick tho.

15 lbs cost $33 ..but it's so worth it!
Nice! Jack Russell's are one of the best breeds IMO.

I'm planning to switch my pup to dry only at some point, she definitely digs the dry Merrick but maybe I'll (she lol) try the Innova as well.

WhoopDeeDoo

WhoopDeeDoo

Myco…. if/when you do switch over to dry Innova, I would definitely add a table spoon of 100% pumpkin pie mix (not the cheap crap) and mix it into the dry food for about the first week or two.

it will help her poop to stay regular :)

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Freshly made breakfast daily. Scrambled eggs, veggies, raw goat milk.
Dinner Sojo's brand dog food complete mixed with raw grass fed ground beef all kinds of veggies.
Vet told us these are the healthiest dogs she has ever seen..
three golden Retrievers, one German shorthair.
No medications, their coats, and teeth are amazing...
All the commercial dog foods are way too processed and preserved, chemicals all sorts of by products. do not trust anything in a bag or can...

WhoopDeeDoo

WhoopDeeDoo

I'm feeding my dog Purina Pro Plan . At the moment he's on "puppy" diet and is chewing on some salmon and rice. The more the food stinks the more he loves it

I went down this road as well. but then one day it hit me like a ton of bricks. it was like i had an epiphany.

i am trying to shy away from gmo foods. not completely. but i try and stick with wholesome foods for the most part to make up for all the damage i've done throughout the years. :) so I always tried to give my boy the best as well. at the time i thought Chef Michael's! hahaa then went to pro plan, then….

after looking into purina (nestlé), i found the corn products and everything else they use primarily contains gmo (monsanto) and so yea…no. lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom