What Kind Of Dog Food Do You Use?

• Thread starter Growin Grass
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Dog food is nothing more then human food... We eat the same shit, just in a different formula thats all..

Feed your dog salmon and carrots guess what i eat the same shit! lol ;)

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

what we feed our dogs?....
raw meat, ground meat,organs
beef,chicken,turkey,fish,emu,green lip muscles,pork,and some times emu
did i mention emu?
what they eat on their own? tennis balls,bark,2 x 4's, some dead thing out in the back forty,rope,slugs.spiders
it's weird looking at a dog turd after a few months and seeing 50 yards of rope appear out of dog droppings

fwiw

Shamus

Shamus

SOLID GOLD dog food
better and or just as good as blue IMO..
its all holistic.
very very good food

website
http://www.solidgoldpet.com

my dog eats this every day as well as home cooked meals
Ingredients: Bison, Ocean Fish Meal, Brown Rice, Peas, Canola Oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), Oatmeal, Pea Protein, Dried Eggs, Rice Bran, Pearled Barley, Salmon Meal, Tomato Pomace, Natural Flavor, Flaxseed, Salt, Choline Chloride, DL-Methionine, Potassium Chloride, Salmon Oil (preserved with mixed Tocopherols), Taurine, Dried Chicory Root, L-Carnitine, Carrots, Pumpkin, Apples, Cranberries, Blueberries, Broccoli, Parsley, Spearmint, Almond Oil (preserved with mixed Tocopherols), Sesame Oil (preserved with mixed Tocopherols), Yucca Schidigera Extract, Dried Kelp, Thyme, Lentils, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Sulfate, Niacin, Ferrous Sulfate, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (Source of Vitamin C), Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Copper Sulfate, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Manganese Sulfate, Zinc Proteinate, Folic Acid, Calcium Iodate, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Sodium Selenite, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Rosemary Extract, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Casei Fermentation Product.

Thanks Chickenman Always look forward to hearing your fucking opinions :D

you've been rather feisty as of late

Last edited:
G gnome

G gnome

My choc lab is 8 yrs old but youd never know it. Spunky fucker. Hes my little bitty 100lb baby dog.
Remi is his name
The Remington Triple Magnum
The triple trifecta mag.
R.E. Emberington
Embarrassington
Remag
And about 20 other ridiculous name to which he answers to lol

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
SOLID GOLD dog food
its all holistic.
very very good food

website

Ingredients: Bison, Ocean Fish Meal, Brown Rice, Peas, Canola Oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), Oatmeal, Pea Protein, Dried Eggs, Rice Bran, Pearled Barley, Salmon Meal, Tomato Pomace, Natural Flavor, Flaxseed, Salt, Choline Chloride, DL-Methionine, Potassium Chloride, Salmon Oil (preserved with mixed Tocopherols), Taurine, Dried Chicory Root, L-Carnitine, Carrots, Pumpkin, Apples, Cranberries, Blueberries, Broccoli, Parsley, Spearmint, Almond Oil (preserved with mixed Tocopherols), Sesame Oil (preserved with mixed Tocopherols), Yucca Schidigera Extract, Dried Kelp, Thyme, Lentils, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Sulfate, Niacin, Ferrous Sulfate, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (Source of Vitamin C), Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Copper Sulfate, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Manganese Sulfate, Zinc Proteinate, Folic Acid, Calcium Iodate, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Sodium Selenite, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Rosemary Extract, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Casei Fermentation Product.

you've been rather feisty as of late

Don't mean to be a dick but tocopherols are preservatives and I question just how holistic a preventives are. still sounds better than most...

Shamus

Shamus

Don't mean to be a dick but tocopherols are preservatives and I question just how holistic a preventives are. still sounds better than most...
yeah i did the best i could just short of making my own dry kibble..
at least i researched a lot and made an effort to give my dog something healthy
gotta choose the battles wisely
I'm happy with it tho and the lil girl loves it
DSC 0526

Shamus

Shamus

so i just looked it up and heres a list of the most common sources for tocopherol
so what exactly is bad about it? just curious. seems like its essentially vitamin E

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
SOLID GOLD dog food
its all holistic.
very very good food

website

Wondering cost?
For us proper nutrition is worth the extra cost. Our last dog lived 17 years 10 months and was in pretty good shape till the end.
I figure we spend about $1.50 per dog per day.
Since we only vaccinate for rabies we have no other vet costs the investment in prevention and health is worth it in the long run.
The vets are bought off by the mega drug outfits, and brainwashed by the likes of science diet which is Crapola gmo preserved processed.

Shamus

Shamus

Wondering cost?
For us proper nutrition is worth the extra cost. Our last dog lived 17 years 10 months and was in pretty good shape till the end.
I figure we spend about $1.50 per dog per day.
Since we only vaccinate for rabies we have no other vet costs the investment in prevention and health is worth it in the long run.
The vets are bought off by the mega drug outfits, and brainwashed by the likes of science diet which is Crapola gmo preserved processed.
im not too worried about cost within reason.. if i had a large dog it would most likely cost more than that to feed her solid gold.. a big dog can go thru a big bag of food in just a few weeks.. and at $60-$70 dollars a bag thats about $2-4 a day..
but with such a small puppy she eats about a cup of food a day.. so its not really the same thing.. we give her eggs and greens 3-5x a week from the local farmers market.. and good moist food here and there for a treat.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
im not too worried about cost within reason.. if i had a large dog it would most likely cost more than that to feed her solid gold.. a big dog can go thru a big bag of food in just a few weeks.. and at $60-$70 dollars a bag thats about $2-4 a day..
but with such a small puppy she eats about a cup of food a day.. so its not really the same thing.. we give her eggs and greens 3-5x a week from the local farmers market.. and good moist food here and there for a treat.
Make the beat with what you got...Eggs greens good supplementation...a little nipper like yours you can afford to splurge a bit..

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Synthetic vitamin E derived from petroleum products is manufactured as all-racemic alpha tocopheryl acetate with a mixture of eight stereoisomers. In this mixture, one alpha-tocopherol molecule in eight molecules are in the form of RRR-alpha-tocopherol (12.5% of the total).[25]

The 8-isomer all-rac vitamin E is always marked on labels simply as dl-tocopherol or dl-tocopheryl acetate, even though it is (if fully written out) actually dl,dl,dl-tocopherol. The present largest manufacturers of this type are DSM and BASF.

(An earlier semisynthetic vitamin E actually contained 50% d,d,d-alpha tocopherol moiety and 50% l,d,d-alpha-tocopherol moiety, as synthesized by an earlier process which started with a plant sterol intermediate with the correct chirality in the tail, and thus resulted in a racemic mixture at only one chiral center. This form, known as 2-ambo tocopherol, is no longer made.)

Natural alpha-tocopherol is the RRR-alpha (or ddd-alpha) form. The synthetic dl,dl,dl-alpha ("dl-alpha") form is not as active as the natural ddd-alpha ("d-alpha") tocopherol form. This is mainly due to reduced vitamin activity of the 4 possible stereoisomers which are represented by the l or S enantiomer at the first stereocenter (an S or l configuration between the chromanol ring and the tail, i.e., the SRR, SRS, SSR, and SSS stereoisomers).[9] The 3 unnatural "2R" stereoisomers with natural R configuration at this 2' stereocenter, but S at one of the other centers in the tail (i.e., RSR, RRS, RSS), appear to retain substantial RRR vitamin activity, because they are recognized by the alpha-tocopherol transport protein, and thus maintained in the plasma, where the other four stereoisomers (SRR, SRS, SSR, and SSS) are not. Thus, the synthetic all-rac-α-tocopherol in theory would have approximately half the vitamin activity of RRR-alpha-tocopherol in humans. Experimentally, the ratio of activities of the 8 stereoisomer racemic mixture to the natural vitamin, is 1 to 1.36 in the rat pregnancy model (suggesting a measured activity ratio of 1/1.36 = 74% of natural, for the 8-isomer racemic mix).[26]

Although it is clear that mixtures of stereoisomers are not as active as the natural RRR-alpha-tocopherol form, in the ratios discussed above, specific information on any side effects of the seven synthetic vitamin E stereoisomers is not readily available.

would be intres
so i just looked it up and heres a list of the most common sources for tocopherol..

so what exactly is bad about it? just curious. seems like its essentially vitamin E

Would be interesting on exactly what source they use....stereoisomers or plant based....

Shamus

Shamus

Synthetic vitamin E derived from petroleum products is manufactured as all-racemic alpha tocopheryl acetate with a mixture of eight stereoisomers. In this mixture, one alpha-tocopherol molecule in eight molecules are in the form of RRR-alpha-tocopherol (12.5% of the total).[25]

The 8-isomer all-rac vitamin E is always marked on labels simply as dl-tocopherol or dl-tocopheryl acetate, even though it is (if fully written out) actually dl,dl,dl-tocopherol. The present largest manufacturers of this type are DSM and BASF.

(An earlier semisynthetic vitamin E actually contained 50% d,d,d-alpha tocopherol moiety and 50% l,d,d-alpha-tocopherol moiety, as synthesized by an earlier process which started with a plant sterol intermediate with the correct chirality in the tail, and thus resulted in a racemic mixture at only one chiral center. This form, known as 2-ambo tocopherol, is no longer made.)

Natural alpha-tocopherol is the RRR-alpha (or ddd-alpha) form. The synthetic dl,dl,dl-alpha ("dl-alpha") form is not as active as the natural ddd-alpha ("d-alpha") tocopherol form. This is mainly due to reduced vitamin activity of the 4 possible stereoisomers which are represented by the l or S enantiomer at the first stereocenter (an S or l configuration between the chromanol ring and the tail, i.e., the SRR, SRS, SSR, and SSS stereoisomers).[9] The 3 unnatural "2R" stereoisomers with natural R configuration at this 2' stereocenter, but S at one of the other centers in the tail (i.e., RSR, RRS, RSS), appear to retain substantial RRR vitamin activity, because they are recognized by the alpha-tocopherol transport protein, and thus maintained in the plasma, where the other four stereoisomers (SRR, SRS, SSR, and SSS) are not. Thus, the synthetic all-rac-α-tocopherol in theory would have approximately half the vitamin activity of RRR-alpha-tocopherol in humans. Experimentally, the ratio of activities of the 8 stereoisomer racemic mixture to the natural vitamin, is 1 to 1.36 in the rat pregnancy model (suggesting a measured activity ratio of 1/1.36 = 74% of natural, for the 8-isomer racemic mix).[26]

Although it is clear that mixtures of stereoisomers are not as active as the natural RRR-alpha-tocopherol form, in the ratios discussed above, specific information on any side effects of the seven synthetic vitamin E stereoisomers is not readily available.

would be intres

Would be interesting on exactly what source they use....stereoisomers or plant based....

thank you for that.. ill actually look into it for the sake of this thread and my dogs health..
they didn't speak on the stereo isomers on the wiki so I'm glad you brought that to light.. solid gold boasting holistic i would expect nothing less than plant based but.. companies disappoint me more than they live up to their reputations

Latest posts

Top Bottom