What led light for 4 plants in flower

• Thread starter Ganjadad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ganjadad

Ganjadad

The G-series uses bridgelux diodes. The S series uses the 301b/h Samsung chips. Not much difference really ... you won't notice it at all.

Bridgelux is used in my ROI-E720s. I have 2.
Are the S series just new and better or does one serve a different purpose than the other?

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

It sounds like I should offer my wife some foot massages to get the S series. That way I can get other S series on my birthday to have two in the flower closet 😂

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Are the S series just new and better or does one serve a different purpose than the other?

First off, I have way more grow lights than I really need. I have a stack of quantum boards on a shelf. 8 of them to be exact. They all are 301b/h series. I prefer my Growers Choice over the quantum boards. I don't think there's any real superiority for the small grow. Efficiency means so much more when you're running a fleet of 50 or 100 at a commercial grow.

Second, Samsung has a big name in the industry. They are good. They are not the only good LED. Save the money and get the G series. Growers Choice sells most of their lights to the commercial side and if they thought the Samsung chips were heads and toes better, they would not be using bridgelux. My efficiency is 2.7 on my e720's. Those SE-3000 is 2.8umols. The G-3000 2.75. We're splitting hairs here.

Last edited:
Ganjadad

Ganjadad

First off, I have way more grow lights than I really need. I have a stack of quantum boards on a shelf. 8 of them to be exact. They all are 301b/h series. I prefer my Growers Choice over the quantum boards. I don't think there's any real superiority for the small grow. Efficiency means so much more when you're running a fleet of 50 or 100 at a commercial grow.

Second, Samsung has a big name in the industry. They are good. They are not the only good LED. Save the money and get the G series. Growers Choice sells most of their lights to the commercial side and if they thought the Samsung chips were heads and toes better, they would not be using bridgelux. My efficiencly is 2.7 on my e720's. Those SE-3000 is 2.8umols. The G-3000 2.75. We're splitting hairs here.
Thank you for that, that just made my decision. I don’t like getting all caught up in the new hype. My wife will thank you as well if she new hahaha. Can’t wait for my flip with the new led lighting!!

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

Just thought I would pop in and let you know Spiderfarmer has a sale going on. Lots of discounts. Good time to get some lights.
Thank you for that. My G300W comes tomorrow but I am looking for a good @SpiderFarmerLED light for my 2x2x3 tent. It’s for my 3 moms but I’m gonnna grow an auto in there first. I’ll definitely be looking for a good light from them✌🏼

Top Bottom