What light cycle do you prefer for flowering 12/12 or 13/11?????

• Thread starter paulycali
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

paulycali

Light makes buds that all were trying to accomplish! Larger yields. Hey S.Plisskin what your saying would lower the yield overall. So if you run 12/12 now imagine 10% decrease in yield

P

paulycali

The 2010 california medical organic grow is being flowering under 13hr of light and 11hr of darkness. For all you farmers who wanna see a different light show come check out my thread. Thanks farmers

N

NZsmoker

i do mine 24/7 lights on for veg phase but i only veg 2-3 weeks im not looking for huge results (1-3 oz. per plant usually) so i duno try it out sometime see if it works for you

K

KUsocalSH

18 light 6 dark for flowering and on. Bringing the clones from 24 hr to that in one hour incr. ie 24 on then when ready 23 on 1 off next day 22 on 2 off untill you reach 18 on 6 off, then keeep it like so until harvest time

P

paulycali

Right on! Not sure exactly what you meant, but i think i do

G

Gro

18 hrs on and 6 hours off for flowering?that's a first.good luck with that one bro.:icon_dizzy:

P

paulycali

Yeah i dont know what KUsocalSH is talking about! Sounds more like a bunch of gibberish to me. You got it going on! LOL! Wish you luck man

K

KUsocalSH

ok Ill admit I sounded a lil bit like a dumb a@#:animbong:. What I was trying to say is. 24 hour the lights. Then when you are ready to start veg move the lighting to 18 on 6 off. But do it in 1 hour incriments(ie. 24 on--then next day 23 on 1 off--next day do 22 on 2 off, until you reach 18on 6 off) do that ONLY UNTIL veg is over. once flowering starts then move the light to 13 on and 11 off. I beleive that 12 12 is good... but light produces buds, and well if the difference is only one hour of light time then you might as well go for 13 on 11 off. The only difference is one more hour of bud production. And shoot, bud is the main goal here for everyone. so one extra hour of light will not hurt ANYTHING but one less hour could cost you a portion of your yeild. And well I'm no genius but you do the math. so...... redemption!!?? Can you all forgive me :rock

P

paulycali

Yeh i forgive you! I just dont like the gradual decrease from 24 to 18. I veg 24/0 all the way through and then switch it to 13/11. When you gradually give them less and less light till you get to 18 is not the best for the plant. From going 24/0 to 13/11 budset for flowering is almost immediate. i can see your plants taking a while to show buds when there put into flowering. Any pic of your plants?

K

KUsocalSH

oh ok, I see. You just skip throught my 18/6 process. I could see how your way could yeild alot quicker. Maybe I'll give it a shot. The best part about this is experimenting. And I'll try and take a shot of my grow tonight.I only have half of my total plants I need. I'm shooting for 20 plants.

G

Gro

KUsocalSH,
2nd post makes sense bro.must have been pumpin a blunt on the 1st one, lol.

when i start flower i like 12/12 because it set buds quicker.at the 3rd week(depending on genetic) i start 11/13.

C

CanadianClassic

Yeah interesting post,,and ya the resin production takes place with the photosynthesis period at night(in the dark) thats why its good to leave your plants in 48 hours of darkness at the end of your flowering cycle,im gonna go 12/12 this round and then do the same run of clones,lights,ferts and try that light schedule and compare potency and quantity!

Goodluck with the ladies!!!

P

paulycali

Sounds good! You know what i think this is the time i go with the 24-48hr dark period to boost the resin production. Since they do get an extra couple of hours of light with my 13/11cycle i think the dark period is a given then. I have done the 13/11 in the past just with no dark period and had great results. Not just yield but potency, taste and smell. I will do the dark cycle to my 2010 california organic medical grow but not with the lowryder one. Check them out!

U

unthing

Interesting stuff for sure. I'm just quessing that some strains might like it more than others. Another interesting one in theory could bloom cycle like 10/14 for fast start and then to 14/10-cycle if keeping it under 24 h day (those 26-28 h exoplanet cycles are another thing)..Those who have space or will to experiment with finding equilibrium in efficiency, cheers to you.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm trying it this run. I just flipped my tray two days ago, yesterday I set the timer for 13/11, just to see. I may have to knock it back until I get the ventilation/heat problem sorted. First this room was too cold (two years it's been too cold), now it's too hot. Where's Goldilocks when you need her?

P

paulycali

Go for it seamaiden! You wont be dissapointed. Just make sure you fix that heat problem first! Good luck and happy growing

K

KUsocalSH

Yeh i forgive you! I just dont like the gradual decrease from 24 to 18. I veg 24/0 all the way through and then switch it to 13/11. When you gradually give them less and less light till you get to 18 is not the best for the plant. From going 24/0 to 13/11 budset for flowering is almost immediate. i can see your plants taking a while to show buds when there put into flowering. Any pic of your plants?

So here are the pictures. And before you ask. Yes they get more light then that. Yes I water them, and yes they are going inside perminantly very soon. Gonna try and keep my harvest in 8 plant cycles so I can harvest every month - month 1/2 so I wont overwelm myself with the area I'm working with

http://i10.invalid.com/albums/a138/metalmassacre6/audrey007.jpg
http://i10.invalid.com/albums/a138/metalmassacre6/audrey008.jpg
http://i10.invalid.com/albums/a138/metalmassacre6/audrey010.jpg
AND THIS IS WHAT MY SIGNATURE IS ALL ABOUT
http://i10.invalid.com/albums/a138/metalmassacre6/audrey011.jpg

Top Bottom