What light would you pick?

• Thread starter 916Fisherman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
916Fisherman

916Fisherman

The SMD Sammy based lights are NOT really budget..just more watts for the $$.
When you are ready..look around here and then ask away..happy growing. I still have ONE burple left..the other lights are all smd based. The Burple is a high end Unit Farm with Crees that I got free for testing..That is good but old tech and I still love it.
Thanks. I have a lot of catching up to do with regards to lighting. Gonna stick with HID until a nice LED is in the budget.

Now to figure out how to keep the temps down without an AC unit lol. Good luck right hahahaha

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Thanks. I have a lot of catching up to do with regards to lighting. Gonna stick with HID until a nice LED is in the budget.

Now to figure out how to keep the temps down without an AC unit lol. Good luck right hahahaha
Lots of folks here (N. Nevada desert) use HPS..I have no idea how they do it in the summers..My Central A/C Barely keeps the house at 75 in the heat of day. I use a swamp cooler in the flower room since our RH is sooooo low. After a very slow and cold start, outdoor temps are already in the 90's and climbing fast.

916Fisherman

916Fisherman

Lots of folks here (N. Nevada desert) use HPS..I have no idea how they do it in the summers..My Central A/C Barely keeps the house at 75 in the heat of day. I use a swamp cooler in the flower room since our RH is sooooo low. After a very slow and cold start, outdoor temps are already in the 90's and climbing fast.
Ya 100+ here but outdoor grows very well lol

Rikismom420

Rikismom420

Thanks. I’m sure there are far better options but I’m on a very limited budget right now.
I like my maxisun 300 wtt led dimmable with bloom veg both either . I have 2 in my 2x4 x 5ft tent working good for me, not much heat. I paid 75.00 each bought one then bought another like it. Think my grow would be good with just one of them but scroging it somewhat and wanted good coverage.. but this is my first grow .i like them for the low heat, nothing will burn anything .. I growing in soil , fox farms ocean floor, perlite and some coco coir. 😊just my two cents
Happy growing

zebrausa

zebrausa

I prefer using the cheapest lights. Make sure they have IR because of mold issues. Here is a good option for you. I get 1/2-1 oz per plant 4x4 using this light.

1500W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum with On Off Switch Grow Lamp for Greenhouse and Indoor Plant Flowering Growing
https://www.amazon.com

20190613 141543
Last edited:
Kingjoshh

Kingjoshh

Viper spectre won’t replace a 1000w hid it will maybe draw 315 actual. But I would choose that one out of them a lot of people have been highly successful with using them hope this helps I think you’d need maybe too make sure the diodes work! I’ve used budget fixtures and had no issues

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

I Already have a 1000w HID set up but the amount of heat they throw off mixed with outside temps of 100+ makes for an extremely hot and humid tent. Garage is insulated but not temp controlled.

Was looking at LED for less heat and electricity savings.
I grew a crop with 2 of these: https://www.amazon.com/HIGROW-Doubl...ocphy=9033612&hvtargid=pla-368462609682&psc=1

In a 3x3, got eight ounces of killer bud. DWC hydro. The plants stretched like crazy, though. 6 to 8 inch nodes. I moved to quantums, but those are three times the price. The lights above put out negligable heat. You'd need at least 6, maybe 8 to equal your 1000 W mh. These pulled about 128 watts from the wall, IIRC. That was what I measured with a Killawatt meter.

Or you spend the same money and get 2 of these: https://horticulturelightinggroup.com/collections/kits/products/260w-qb-v2-rspec-led-kit

916Fisherman

916Fisherman

Thanks everyone. I’m going to use my current 1000w hid set up until I can afford decent LED or find a good price on a gently used one. Now to try and configure the tent now lol

ABOMBS

ABOMBS

I am using 6 T8 tubes right now.
But will build my own quantum board /led array.
From the specs they boast extremely efficient lumens per watt.
Just need to wrap my mind around electrical circuits.

Top Bottom