What line up for coco?

• Thread starter LexLuthor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Wuzzzz up Farmers!! I wanna try coco for the first time next month. I'm probably only gonna do 1 or 2 pots with coco and the other few with soil. I'm confident with my soil grows but I really want the explosive growth of hydro so I feel comfortable using coco, I don't have the time to set up an ebb n' flow or anything like that so I'm just gonna hand water my coco pots. Anyways enough chit chat I want some feedback. What nutrients should I use as a first time coco user, I was thinking canna or botanicare, but I'm not even sure which ones to get?? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Thanx alot outwest!! No I'm not gonna worry about going organic with my first run at coco. I just wanna get a good 2 or 3 part line up to simplify things until I get the hang of it. This might sound noobish but what does the PBP stand for?? I'm gonna go to my local hydro shop on the 7th of June and check out what nutes he has for coco, I just wanted an idea before I went there just in case he tried to rip me off. H&G is House & Garden correct, what are the names of there specific nutrients?? Thanx bro!!

That link is great, I'm reading it now :)

Edit: never mind PBP is Pure Blend Pro:D

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Yep. House & Garden, and Pure Blend Pro. To be clear I have no experience with either, but in reading a lot of these forums they seem popular and the results speak for themselves. You can get a free ($13 shipping) H&G kit that will last you for a full, smaller run.

outwest

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Yep. House & Garden, and Pure Blend Pro. To be clear I have no experience with either, but in reading a lot of these forums they seem popular and the results speak for themselves. You can get a free ($13 shipping) H&G kit that will last you for a full, smaller run.

outwest

Damn, I'll check that out right now thanx for the link to the free nutes!!! I was leaning toward Botanicare PBP but I'll definately just go with the free sample. I just wanna get used to using coco, like when to water, ect., then I'll focus on going organic. Maybe I'll start a thread on it next month, I'll probably do soil and coco in the same closet, I got some Blueberry beans coming within 2 weeks but cant start till 2nd week of June. I think it'll be cool to see the difference in growth between the 2 mediums side by side. Thanx for all the help

K

kushtrees

HG is great for coco, never used PBP but ive only heard good things. Just remember calmag is your friend especially with OGs

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

HG is great for coco, never used PBP but ive only heard good things. Just remember calmag is your friend especially with OGs

Thanx for you input, I'm growing from seed so do I germ with the paper towel method then put the bean in a 1/2" deep just like in soil, or is there a better way of doing it with coco?

K

kushtrees

You can do the same thing in coco. im not sure what brand of coco your using but u def want to start with no nutes/ rinse the coco if its know to have a high starting EC. Coco is very forgiving makes it really ez to figure out, make sure to check ur run off EC so that you know what your plants are feeding on

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Im gonna use 100% coco, no mix. I also decided on H&G coco A+B because it's free, so I guess if I like it then maybe I'll keep using it, another question kush. How much is the EC meter (ballpark figure)?? Also doesn't the EC meter show ppm's? So I would just need the EC meter and the PH pen, right? I used nothing but soil my entire life and really never needed any meters because IMO it's really easy growing in soil. Oh yeah, I'm probably gonna use Canna coco or whatever the guy has at the hydro shop. Thanx in advance

K

kushtrees

I have a seperate EC and pH pen. I think the combo meters are around $200 give or take $20. I have a bluelab trucheon EC meter was about 120-140, my hanna pH pen was about 70-80 i got them a long time ago so im not 100% sure on that

canna is great ive never had an issue with it

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Im gonna use 100% coco, no mix. I also decided on H&G coco A+B because it's free, so I guess if I like it then maybe I'll keep using it, another question kush. How much is the EC meter (ballpark figure)?? Also doesn't the EC meter show ppm's? So I would just need the EC meter and the PH pen, right? I used nothing but soil my entire life and really never needed any meters because IMO it's really easy growing in soil. Oh yeah, I'm probably gonna use Canna coco or whatever the guy has at the hydro shop. Thanx in advance

EKKKKKK!!!! Next time run the Aqua Flakes.

dankworth

dankworth

HM digital ppm/temp meter was like thirtysomething.
Hanna ph pen was 45.00 before discount. It reads to .01
I have two of each because they were so affordable.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I have a seperate EC and pH pen. I think the combo meters are around $200 give or take $20. I have a bluelab trucheon EC meter was about 120-140, my hanna pH pen was about 70-80 i got them a long time ago so im not 100% sure on that

canna is great ive never had an issue with it

I saw the Bluelab EC meter on Ebay for $80 so I'm getting that one next month. The Ph pen I'll probably just get 1 on Ebay for $20, its not the best but I'm sure it'll work good for now. Thanx

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

EKKKKKK!!!! Next time run the Aqua Flakes.

I thought coco A+B was made specifically for coco, whats better about Aqua Flakes? I still haven't bought anything for my next run so I could still change my mind.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

HM digital ppm/temp meter was like thirtysomething.
Hanna ph pen was 45.00 before discount. It reads to .01
I have two of each because they were so affordable.

Thanx dank, I'll look into the Hanna pen.

H

hogan400

Outwest, thats the beauty of experience! You do well while others fail with organics.. hahaha.

Lex0415, seems like you have the right mindset to keep it simple. When you pick ur lineup, post it, so people here can help you use it effectively. Also post your strains because some do better with different foods. This yr I have gotten a couple bad gallons of cal-mag. There are threads discussing it if you do a google search. I switched to magi-cal and its been nice with zero problems. I ran out a couple weeks ago and raised my feed level in place of magi-cal after I read "most" nutes posses more than enough of calcium for marijuana, even in coco. This has resulted in a much healthier plant for "me". Imo

Top Bottom