What mighty wash does to mites

• Thread starter altimood
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
altimood

altimood

I thought I would share a couple of pictures of the effects of Mighty Wash on spider mites. The white bodies are spider mites that have been split in half. You'll notice a bunch of objects laying around in pairs. What a great product. I also noticed the eggs are dead too, which doesn't always happen, but they are not hatching after days of observation. Happy Thanksgiving y'all.

Photo_on_2011-11-23_at_09_18.jpg

Photo_on_2011-11-23_at_09_20.jpg

altimood

altimood

any ill affects on the plant leafs? Health? etc

The mighty wash leaves a pretty good "leaf shine". I have seen some people say they use under lights but I wouldn't do that. I spray 15 minutes before the lights go off if in flower and rinse with water when the lights come on. The same company sells an after rinse but I have never used it. Late flower is a little more scary. This stuff blows heads off of trichomes, but that could be because of the atomizer I use. I typically try to kill anything before that stage of the game but if a person is struggling with mights that late in, this stuff does work and the people that sell it say you can drink it. I have seen reports of some people saving gardens that were fully tented out. Otherwise I use it for spot treatments if I see breakouts. All in all I haven't seen it hurt plants in a manner that would deter me from using it. In Denver I'm spending around $100 on 5 gallons. Cheers bro, hope that helps.

Onespark

Onespark

The mighty wash leaves a pretty good "leaf shine". I have seen some people say they use under lights but I wouldn't do that. I spray 15 minutes before the lights go off if in flower and rinse with water when the lights come on. The same company sells an after rinse but I have never used it. Late flower is a little more scary. This stuff blows heads off of trichomes, but that could be because of the atomizer I use. I typically try to kill anything before that stage of the game but if a person is struggling with mights that late in, this stuff does work and the people that sell it say you can drink it. I have seen reports of some people saving gardens that were fully tented out. Otherwise I use it for spot treatments if I see breakouts. All in all I haven't seen it hurt plants in a manner that would deter me from using it. In Denver I'm spending around $100 on 5 gallons. Cheers bro, hope that helps.

If you rinse the plants off next day with plain water they don't stress at all. If you don't rinse they have a tendency to burn under the lights. I love how the mites split into two pieces. Killer product.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
This is what I have been talking about, after u spray the plants any spider mites that I found always seem to look werid like their legs were always gone like cut off with a knife !!! Mighty wash is the shit !!!

C

CannaKings

Yea, the guys at the grow store broke down and told me that the Mighty Wash works good, and the Power Wash is what they recommend to rinse it with. They also told me that the PM wash sucks, LOL!

I also didn't trust the Power Wash, cuz all that stuff has something in it, so I did a final rinse spray with RO water and a splash of H2O2....

RELOADER212

RELOADER212

It is good to see those little bastards torn up. I use LL and it does pretty much the same thing. The key to mite control is finding something your comfortable with and use it. Also you have to be looking at your plants with a microscope early on, or you wont how how bad an infestation you have. If i come across a leaf with more then a few eggs, I simply remove it. Good Job!

RELOADER212

RELOADER212

One more thing I wanted to add was that whatever you use, be it a spray or wash make sure you get the stem really good, that is the mites highway up your plant. Mites will almost always start in the bottom leaves and if unchecked work their way up your plant until the worst happens, and they are spinning webs on your buds, if that happens your crops are ruined.

S

SSHZ

Just thought I'd pipe in too. I was about 6 weeks into flowering with a mite infection in a section of my large room. I applied it and it killed off the issue. I DID NOT rinse off the plants and a number of my larger sun leaves have burned/yellowed/died off a few days later so I'd rinse the plants a day or two after application...... but, love M.W.- it does work very well and safely....

PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

shelf life?

I gotta pick up some of this. Would be nice to have on hand when I'll need it.
If unopened, how long should it last?

D

dank_

This phenomenon may not have so much to do with MIGHTY WASH specifically.

Most spider mites cannot live in high humidity. Apparently, they fill with water from the air and their little bodies rupture.

BTW - I love MIGHTY WASH. It never damages plants and always kills the mites. I also used it on some thrips because nothing else worked!:party0044:

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
ive been plugging mw since it came out i just got tired of arguing with people that its snake oil, great thing about mw is they cant build a tolerance cuz its liquid grenades for their asses!

evu80

evu80

hi guys

I've got myself a 5 gallon container of this stuff. It works well, but dam every time I use it on my plants, they develop the nastiest burns top to bottom. I'm applying it right when the lights goes off straight out of the bottle.

I really dont rinse it off in the following days until recently but then my plants still burns. Next step is to dilute it a bit altho its not advise by the manufacturer.

Any tips on how to properly apply this stuff? I'd like to spray once a week but given how fcked up my plants get afterwards I've been sticking with azatrol

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Yep MW is da chit.

I should have asked or looked up info bout the shine it leaves though..

I had shiny leaves for weeks...Didn't burn.... much...
But I bet that set em back a bit...

Now, I know to wash with water afterward.....Thanks Guys!

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

Yo alitmood Btw susan said met 52 does do damage to mites and fungus gnats as well?? said she was sure of it

Didnt want to get into that while driving lol

I know you say otherwise what do you think about that?

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Yo alitmood Btw susan said met 52 does do damage to mites and fungus gnats as well?? said she was sure of it

Didnt want to get into that while driving lol

I know you say otherwise what do you think about that?

From my experience I still have fungus gnats with pots full of Met52... It doesn't seem to effect them at all.

Top Bottom