What nute causes leaf to taco

• Thread starter Panhead59
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Panhead59

Panhead59

I have a white widow that hates the light, is on the lighter shade of green, and leaves are tacoing. Ffhf soil, 300w led 30" away at only 20k lux. Light has been at this strength and distance for at least 2 weeks. That's why i don't think it's a light issue. Nutes are ff big bloom, cal-mag, kelp me kelp you, and wholly mackerel. All at about 1/3 strength. Plants are about 5 weeks old. Getting ready to cut out the wholly mackerel as per product instructions. Ww is pale plant in pics. Acapulco gold next to it seems fine. I'm thinking something is off with nutes and that causes her to show me by the taco leaves. Whadda think ? And thank you ahead of time !!!!!

What nute causes leaf to taco
What nute causes leaf to taco 2
What nute causes leaf to taco 3
What nute causes leaf to taco 4
What nute causes leaf to taco 5
Panhead59

Panhead59

I should add the fact that the ww plant in ? Has not liked the light from day 1. Genetics? And i have a 2nd light.
Think i should space em some and use both lights ? Seems unfair to hold back the og that is doing fine.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
mmmm, you would think it’s the light, i’m not experienced enough yet with led’s..
i’m thinking possibly the light with too much calmg?
this is not advice, just thinking out loud..
i’ll keep looking..

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Do you have a microscope? Look for bugs on the leaves with the folded edges, front and back.

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

I should add the fact that the ww plant in ? Has not liked the light from day 1. Genetics? And i have a 2nd light.
Think i should space em some and use both lights ? Seems unfair to hold back the og that is doing fine.

What you are seeing I know as canoeing. It can be several things with some plants/strains more likely to get it. https://www.autoflowering-cannabis.com/cannabis-leaves-canoeing-up/ is an article on canoeing that will tell you it could be temp/ light/ or nutes. Since you think nutes that would be a good place to start for changes.

I've had it before and it didn't go away (the leaves stayed canoed) but didn't hurt the buds at all either. It's one of those things that isn't the best but isn't the worst either.

Panhead59

Panhead59

Thanks for all replies. I checked leaf temp. 75F. Right where it should be. Will now check for bugs. Yes i have a scope. As previously stated, it's under a 300w led at 30" space. Will update Sunday am.

Panhead59

Panhead59

Ok read the link about canoeing. Wind could be the culprit. I've got a pretty decent breeze going on in the 4x4 tent. Nutes are at 1/3 strength and every other watering. Watered today with just water. Will redirect fan in morning (lights on). That reminds me- I flipped 5 days ago to 12/12 cuzz they were getting tall. Don't know how that would be to much light. Less light if anything. Should I crank up second light for other plant or just "cool it" till we see what happens ?

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

Ok read the link about canoeing. Wind could be the culprit. I've got a pretty decent breeze going on in the 4x4 tent. Nutes are at 1/3 strength and every other watering. Watered today with just water. Will redirect fan in morning (lights on). That reminds me- I flipped 5 days ago to 12/12 cuzz they were getting tall. Don't know how that would be to much light. Less light if anything. Should I crank up second light for other plant or just "cool it" till we see what happens ?
I don't expect light is a problem. You mention 300 watt light but not if that is 300 real watts or 300 watt equivalent led. I use 2 led's in a 4x4 that are a little under 300 real watts each. They claim something like 1500 equivalent watts per light though. It shouldn't be nutes either at the strengths you are talking about.

DSC00792

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
It’s not your lighting. Plants look tall and leggy. Clones?
Probably not subjected to enough light throughout. It’s a balance with led.
warm dry air, or other environmental condition most likely.

Panhead59

Panhead59

They are photos from seed. Growers choice seeds which may explain alot. I've kept temps 24-26 C. Had humidifier in tent keeping 50-60 % rh. Now it's a dehumidifier outside tent keeping room and tent around 45-50 % rh. I thought I was keeping environment very close to optimum.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

It looks like you need iron (top down yellowing) and maybe boron (leaf edge folding), but lets check your other stats first and make sure its not a blockage.
pH?
ppms in and out?
How, when and how much do you water/feed?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Yes i agree. Tall and leggy. This ww didn't like the light from the start. Taco symptoms early on. Keep raising light and keeping lux low. Acopulco gold right next to it has not suffered from light.
AG is a tropical landrace and loves the warmer temps and higher light.
Another reason not to mix strains.

Panhead59

Panhead59

Environment seems stable then. You check ppm/ph when you feed?
Not normally since it's soil but I did this water only time, which was yesterday. This is only my 2nd grow but I feel like watering was/is my best lesson learned on 1st go round. These two get fed every other time, feather LIGHT, with 1 gal. (At the moment) split between them. 3 gal. Fabric pots/bags. No bugs. Checked with microscope attached to camera screen. PH was 6.47 going in, 6.35 coming out in 1 pint of runoff. PPM seems waaay high at 1961- 2108. EC 4217. Being inexperienced I haven't a clue what that indicates to be honest. I upped dehum. 5 % as it was staying low 40's with lights on (26c temp)and high 50's light off. Pls advise if that's a bad move. I've read 40-60 range is normal with low 40's for mid to late flower. On a side note- BionicKronik and ComfortablyNumb- wifes med delivery system for morphine DID NOT work out on her trial initial dose. She could not tolerate morphine. Good thing if u ask me !!! A couple "natural healers" never got back to us. Will try a different method to contact.

Top Bottom