What nutrient deficiency is this?

• Thread starter LaughingBush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LaughingBush

LaughingBush

I took a little break from growing and this time around I am trying out Grow Dots as a fertilizer. I’m thinking that this could be a Cal/mag issue but I’m not sure. Any help would be appreciated. They are 5 weeks into Veg, in coco and I water every other day right now.
Thanks and happy growing!!

What nutrient deficiency is this
What nutrient deficiency is this 2
jetbtkng

jetbtkng

how close is the light to your plants, 30inces should be your goal & run at 50% & see if that helps

BB22

BB22

I’m a new grower. The bumpy lumps makes it look over watered too me.

Probly N deficiency
I’m learning about LEDs producing symptoms that look like cal mag deficiency?

If I’m wrong, I’d love to hear feedback✌️

LaughingBush

LaughingBush

how close is the light to your plants, 30inces should be your goal & run at 50% & see if that helps
The light is 30” away but I did recently turn them up to full power. I just turned it back down to 75% which is what I had it at since I started. These symptoms just started to show with this new growth in the last few days. I’m about to flip the light in a week.
Thanks

LaughingBush

LaughingBush

I’m a new grower. The bumpy lumps makes it look over watered too me.

Probly N deficiency
I’m learning about LEDs producing symptoms that look like cal mag deficiency?

If I’m wrong, I’d love to hear feedback✌️
I don’t know about the over watering since I use coco which drains really well and I water every other day. I just started with this new fertilizer which you just mix these grow dots into your soil and only have to water. So I’m wondering if it could be some kind of nutrient thing but I’m hoping it’s maybe just the light being on too high like previous replies. I’m going to try turning back the lights first before adding cal mag or other nutrients.
I’ve never heard of the leds causing that but maybe it’s possible light burn and cal mag deficiencies could look similar.
Thanks

G

GrowOpExplorer

Looks like your plants might be hungry for some magnesium.

LaughingBush

LaughingBush

Looks like your plants might be hungry for some magnesium.
I believe so too. I wasn’t adding any cal mag when I watered because there is some in grow dots but maybe not enough. That and the lights were too high.
Thanks

LaughingBush

LaughingBush

They definitely seem to be turning the corner after backing off the lights and giving cal mag. Going to add a little nutrients next watering, I feel like the grow dots are not releasing the proper amount of nutrients for the size of the plants. Wedding Cake is the taller one and GSC the bushy one. Going to wait one more week before switching the lights.

IMG 4538
IMG 4539
IMG 4540
IMG 4541
Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
I don’t know about the over watering since I use coco which drains really well and I water every other day. I just started with this new fertilizer which you just mix these grow dots into your soil and only have to water. So I’m wondering if it could be some kind of nutrient thing but I’m hoping it’s maybe just the light being on too high like previous replies. I’m going to try turning back the lights first before adding cal mag or other nutrients.
I’ve never heard of the leds causing that but maybe it’s possible light burn and cal mag deficiencies could look similar.
Thanks
Bumpy lumps are normally blistering from to much light alou it sounds like your addressing that it was just a fyi thing 🙂

Enjoy the adventure

Top Bottom