What nutrient deficiency is this?

• Thread starter LaughingBush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LaughingBush

LaughingBush

I took a little break from growing and this time around I am trying out Grow Dots as a fertilizer. I’m thinking that this could be a Cal/mag issue but I’m not sure. Any help would be appreciated. They are 5 weeks into Veg, in coco and I water every other day right now.
Thanks and happy growing!!

What nutrient deficiency is this
What nutrient deficiency is this 2
jetbtkng

jetbtkng

how close is the light to your plants, 30inces should be your goal & run at 50% & see if that helps

BB22

BB22

I’m a new grower. The bumpy lumps makes it look over watered too me.

Probly N deficiency
I’m learning about LEDs producing symptoms that look like cal mag deficiency?

If I’m wrong, I’d love to hear feedback✌️

LaughingBush

LaughingBush

how close is the light to your plants, 30inces should be your goal & run at 50% & see if that helps
The light is 30” away but I did recently turn them up to full power. I just turned it back down to 75% which is what I had it at since I started. These symptoms just started to show with this new growth in the last few days. I’m about to flip the light in a week.
Thanks

LaughingBush

LaughingBush

I’m a new grower. The bumpy lumps makes it look over watered too me.

Probly N deficiency
I’m learning about LEDs producing symptoms that look like cal mag deficiency?

If I’m wrong, I’d love to hear feedback✌️
I don’t know about the over watering since I use coco which drains really well and I water every other day. I just started with this new fertilizer which you just mix these grow dots into your soil and only have to water. So I’m wondering if it could be some kind of nutrient thing but I’m hoping it’s maybe just the light being on too high like previous replies. I’m going to try turning back the lights first before adding cal mag or other nutrients.
I’ve never heard of the leds causing that but maybe it’s possible light burn and cal mag deficiencies could look similar.
Thanks

LaughingBush

LaughingBush

Looks like your plants might be hungry for some magnesium.
I believe so too. I wasn’t adding any cal mag when I watered because there is some in grow dots but maybe not enough. That and the lights were too high.
Thanks

LaughingBush

LaughingBush

They definitely seem to be turning the corner after backing off the lights and giving cal mag. Going to add a little nutrients next watering, I feel like the grow dots are not releasing the proper amount of nutrients for the size of the plants. Wedding Cake is the taller one and GSC the bushy one. Going to wait one more week before switching the lights.

IMG 4538
IMG 4539
IMG 4540
IMG 4541
Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
I don’t know about the over watering since I use coco which drains really well and I water every other day. I just started with this new fertilizer which you just mix these grow dots into your soil and only have to water. So I’m wondering if it could be some kind of nutrient thing but I’m hoping it’s maybe just the light being on too high like previous replies. I’m going to try turning back the lights first before adding cal mag or other nutrients.
I’ve never heard of the leds causing that but maybe it’s possible light burn and cal mag deficiencies could look similar.
Thanks
Bumpy lumps are normally blistering from to much light alou it sounds like your addressing that it was just a fyi thing 🙂

Enjoy the adventure

LaughingBush

LaughingBush

Ok, a little update. I am 30 days into 12/12. The other problem I had was fixed by turning back the lights and adding cal mag to the h20. I also use the Recharge once a week. I am using Grow Dots and am only testing for proper PH levels. I water every other day at the same time and use close to 2 gallons before seeing any runoff. Which equals about 20%. 3 gallon pots with coco perlite + the Grow Dots mixed in. Lights on 50% with 45mins of supplemental UV lighting. Temp in tent ranges from 73 closer to the floor and 78/79 closer to the canopy, humidity in 50s. I’ve always had a little bit of tip burn but nothing ever escalated to anything but in the last few days I’ve seen some of the lower leaves turning yellow and some brown spots on some leaves. The taller one is wedding cake and the smaller one is GSC. Wondering if they may need more nitrogen or another nutrient. Thanks

IMG 5013
IMG 5016
IMG 5017
IMG 5014
IMG 5015
IMG 5018
IMG 5023
IMG 5020
IMG 5024
IMG 5019
IMG 5025
IMG 5026
IMG 5022
Stokes

Stokes

Ive never used grow dots but shes asking for flowering nutrients. Its isolated to the lowers which normally start to look like ass before this point anyways. Its where the plant will pull from first.

I wouldnt recommend adding too much nitrogen. Maybe just some worm castings but nothing too crazy. If it were me i would pick up a bloom booster and if it starts showing p/k deficiencies towards the top i would feed them at half strength and go from there. If its asks for more give a bit more. Watch it around week 5. Have calmag on hand for when it starts asking for calcium around that time too.

Plant looks great. Crushing it

LaughingBush

LaughingBush

Thanks, yea the grow dots are new for me, they release veg nutrients for up to six weeks then start releasing flowering nutrients for up to 10 weeks which I started using a little late so they still could be releasing more veg nutrients. I did add a little bloom stacker and golden tree from Humboldts Secret with yesterday’s watering so I’ll see if that helps. Thanks I think they look good too but those little nutrient spots start to freak me out because I know I still have a lot of time to go. Thanks for the info I’ll keep adding the flowering nutes until it gets sorted.

Stokes

Stokes

Youre gonna have fussy leaves. Use them as a guide to ensure youre setting your buds up to bulk. Youre looking good right now. You dont have as far to go as you think. You have 2 maybe 3 weeks of growth left and then all you care about is maturing those trichomes.

Edit

4-5 weeks of growth. Keep on top of that p/k, shes going to show up for you. Keep on top of your calmag too.

If your leaves keep lightening up like that, flip the leaf over. Sometimes theyll have a pinkish or purplish color, that means theyre trying to have a natural fade. Alot of people fight that thinking they have a deficiency, when its actually an inbred desired trait lol

Last edited:
Mothman

Mothman

I think all that (purple tint to underside of leaves, yellowing starting from the tips, necrosis spots) could indicate a shortage of potassium in the soil, and the plant draining the green out of those lower and mid leaves is it’s defense mech. It uses a lot of potassium at this stage.

Watch for a pause in bud growth. If it’s a K deficiency, that’ll be next, along with more yellow leaves. And the pink/purple underside that @Stokes mentioned. I just dealt with this, caught it late but gave it two feedings heavy with K (FF Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom) and it resumed bud growth. Good luck, Bush!

Top Bottom