what % of trichomes turns brown/orange when ready for harvest?

• Thread starter jon blaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jon blaze

:harvest:hi can some one tell me roughly how many of the trichs will change colour before peak ripeness? most are cloudy a few are brown and some still clear i've taken some down but it doesn't look as nice now as it did before will this change with curing it? these pics were taken last week

Trichomes last week 091
Trichomes last week 083
Trichomes last week 067
Ak 48 buds 186
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
That ones ready in my book, especially if that was last week...

I like about 50/50 cloudy to amber and then I flush and harvest.

Tex

J

jon blaze

nice one thanks some dont seem as sticky as they were is that normal?

J

jon blaze

thanks mate for gettin back to me i wana chop them now but i chopped some last week and it weren't no where near as good as it was is that just because it was to early i'm waiting for is it the clyxes that swell up (they are the tasty bits that makes up the buds aren't they?)looking at that picture do you think they will swell up or is that as good as its gona get? because the bits chopped on thursday lost all their smell and what was left i wouldn't even smoke and nearly chopped it all down and put the new ones in and try again i dont know anyone else who does it so i've got no one to ask for advice when when i first done it i had some one to watch over me and it turned out beautiful and it was a make shift set up in pots/soil i've bought all the nutrients so if this doesn't turn out atleast smokable i'm gona be so wounded i might not be able to carry on :(lol

Dunge

Dunge

Many very experienced farmers here have convinced me that the cure is as important as any other aspect of a grow in getting a good product. In my few data points I believe that the smell, flavor, and stone of sweet hemp changes dramatically in the first month after harvest. Often fresh cut bud that is dried enough to burn is not as strong as the same product that is allowed to cure properly.
Is this true?
Does weed get stronger after harvest if properly cured?

O

ogkushee

a slow drying process is essential for a good smell and smooth smoke

G

gooey

looks ready to me...happy chop...search function ( curing) for help with your other q...peace n puffs

dorjewright

dorjewright

Tex, how many days of flushing from the 50/50 cloudy/amber point, a few days or a few weeks?

lazarus718

lazarus718

They're ready broseph! You say you "took some down" so does that mean a quick cure? You won't get the same high or taste as you will once you hang em up to dry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom