What PH for HGV Nutrient Salts?

• Thread starter markcannabinhumanoid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

markcannabinhumanoid

ok so irrigation frequency is an issue, i'd bet length of irrigation is to , in part thats why you have 5.1 ph in root zone. You can't let your medium go completely dry, cooc should be irrigated multiple time a day, the length of irrigation or runoff flushes your medium, prevents a build up of salts maintains root zone PH and give your plant enough water as well. basically root zone balance, and the 5.1 PH is a result of that, As far as PH you should get that back between 5.5 and 6 if you go over 6 your not going to kill your plants but I think the sweet spot will be in the 5.5 to 6 range
Room temps should come up to 80 anyhow , whats your leaf temps, the guys I know with Athena running 3.5 EC have Humidity coming into flower 67-70 and dropping of to 50-55% the towards then end and it its no good to run 1500 Co2 thats not the weak point, you need to get everything in check first,
How many liters of water should go to a 5 gallon would you say? Early bloom I was doing 6-7 second, mid bloom I started doing 8-10 seconds, didn't measure it tho. I might be underwatering because it's my first time watering in 5 gallon plastic pots. Do you think 1 gallon of water for each 5 gallon pot would be too much or just the right amount? Interesting, you're probably right, I underwatered, so my root/runoff PH is very low, lower than my 5.7-5.9 water PH. Room temps do come up to 80 and go back down to around 75/76, bit cooler during the night. I have never measured leaf temperature, nor do I know how to. Is it something I should consider. My thermostats are all over my room and they are all pretty much the same with a maximum 1-2 degree in difference. I ran about the same humidity, 65/60 first week and 55 by the second week, going down to 53 by the 5th week. I have been told by my friend to lower Co2 as it can be stressing the plants, I lowered to 1300-1400.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

How many liters of water should go to a 5 gallon would you say? Early bloom I was doing 6-7 second, mid bloom I started doing 8-10 seconds, didn't measure it tho. I might be underwatering because it's my first time watering in 5 gallon plastic pots. Do you think 1 gallon of water for each 5 gallon pot would be too much or just the right amount? Interesting, you're probably right, I underwatered, so my root/runoff PH is very low, lower than my 5.7-5.9 water PH. Room temps do come up to 80 and go back down to around 75/76, bit cooler during the night. I have never measured leaf temperature, nor do I know how to. Is it something I should consider. My thermostats are all over my room and they are all pretty much the same with a maximum 1-2 degree in difference. I ran about the same humidity, 65/60 first week and 55 by the second week, going down to 53 by the 5th week. I have been told by my friend to lower Co2 as it can be stressing the plants, I lowered to 1300-1400.
Yup your pretty much doing opposite as you should, best advice read what Aqua man wrote at least 5 times or until understood,lol seriously though you need to understand how coco works, understand how to water, runoff, what PH &EC means going in and coming out, etc that stuff is especially more critical when running a product like HGV that generally runs higher EC there is less room for error

Next recommendation is don't listen to anything your buddies has to say anymore

M

markcannabinhumanoid

Yup your pretty much doing opposite as you should, best advice read what Aqua man wrote at least 5 times or until understood,lol seriously though you need to understand how coco works, understand how to water, runoff, what PH &EC means going in and coming out, etc that stuff is especially more critical when running a product like HGV that generally runs higher EC there is less room for error

Thanks alot for the advice man. I really appreciate you and aqua man for giving me helpful advice.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks alot for the advice man. I really appreciate you and aqua man for giving me helpful advice.
Its a lot to digest but you will understand whats going on after you fully get it and be able to easily know whats going on In your grows going forward

Give a man a fish… feed him for a day.

Teach a man to fish…. Feed him for life.

Kinda thing

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So much this OP… your buddies are both right…. How?

Because they are doing whats right for their specific grow environment with their specific nutrient line up and their specific genetics.

Now you must do the same and find what works for you and your situation. In growing there are very very few rules or absolutes. Almost all the time the answer is it depends, so you need to be flexible and learn the concepts and interactions…. Strive to understand the how and why and you will find the answers.

Anthem

Anthem

Because they are doing whats right for their specific grow environment with their specific nutrient line up and their specific genetics.

Now you must do the same and find what works for you and your situation. In growing there are very very few rules or absolutes. Almost all the time the answer is it depends, so you need to be flexible and learn the concepts and interactions…. Strive to understand the how and why and you will find the answers.
There are not many rules but having ran coco in a similar fashion to what you are doing. Only watering once a day. It works to a point but the results are no where near optimal. If you are running 1700e and C02 you should be looking at 2 per light as a minimum. I run the same light and have CO2 and anything under 2 per light is pretty poor results IMO.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

There are not many rules but having ran coco in a similar fashion to what you are doing. Only watering once a day. It works to a point but the results are no where near optimal. If you are running 1700e and C02 you should be looking at 2 per light as a minimum. I run the same light and have CO2 and anything under 2 per light is pretty poor results IMO.
2 plants? Yeah in my 1 gal coco i had to water 14 times a day

M

markcannabinhumanoid

Agreed, also they're buddies, they like to boast just to sound cool, one claims to get 1 pound from 2.5/plants from exotics, lol. But yeah, as I learn, I have to do a lot of research on my own, and people here are helping me more than they are. Anything they advise me on, I will take with a grain of salt. I will try my own things and see how it goes.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Agreed, also they're buddies, they like to boast just to sound cool, one claims to get 1 pound from 2.5/plants from exotics, lol. But yeah, as I learn, I have to do a lot of research on my own, and people here are helping me more than they are. Anything they advise me on, I will take with a grain of salt. I will try my own things and see how it goes.
So in your 5 gal gow much perlite is in there?

You will want to feed a litre at a time and measure runoff to see how often they need fed. 10%-20% run off.

Nutrients every single feed.

I would start with a 3x pot volume flush with plain ph’ed AND temp adjusted water. Preferably with enzymes like hygrozyme or recharge.

Immediately follow with 1x pot volume of light nutrients maybe 800 or so ppm.

Then wait 24hr and feed 1 litre of your desired ppm, ph adjusted around 5.8 and temp as close to the media temp as possible.

Anthem

Anthem

You are going to find a lot of people that grow also want to have the largest penis in the room as well

M

markcannabinhumanoid

So you water with less quantity, but do it twice a day? I'm asking because that's the first time I'm hearing about that and it's intriguing.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So you water with less quantity, but do it twice a day? I'm asking because that's the first time I'm hearing about that and it's intriguing.
That depends on your runoff numbers . Your goal is to water with 1 litre of nutrient solution and have 10-20% of that come out as run off.

So you water with 1 litre and you should get 100-200ml of run off. If you get leas add 1 feeding day… if you get more reduce 1 feeding a day

Latest posts

Top Bottom