What PPM is recommended for Colloidal Silver?

• Thread starter Pandaman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Pandaman

Hey there fellow tree huggers!

Doing a Selfing project and I've read that Colloidal Silver is the time tested method. Unfortunately, I haven't read anywhere the PPM that should be used.

I found a bottle that is advertised to be 240PPM, Do you think this dilution is good for this project?

Thanks in advance,
Panda

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
excellent question - I been wondering the same thing

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
Foliar spray around 10-15ppm is usually enough over the few weeks....2 weeks prior to 12/12 and 1 week in...

P

Pandaman

Foliar spray around 10-15ppm is usually enough over the few weeks....2 weeks prior to 12/12 and 1 week in...

Thanks! I can certainly save money by further diluting the 240ppm silver.

WOOT!

Fem-Seeds, here I come :)

Thanks again,
Panda

Aligee

Aligee

Ive read numerous posters say the store bought silver solution is not strong enough hence the DIY silver generators peeps make for reversing females . Good luck !!!

I

ibTheMan

y dont some breeders chime in, is it ah secret? ill do that to and make the chron.

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
I have a generator i use and it works great. Like GA in high doses it does have adverse effects. Best to use at lower doses over a longer time IMO..

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I have really been wanting to mess around with selfs, any links for diy silver? Can silver cause autos? And how about the old school method of just stressing plants, is that better or worse that silver?

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
I agree with Aligee. The stroe bought doesnt work from what ive read. Just too weak.

I wouldnt use stress to produce male flowers. That just means that the female you are using is prone to hermie and that trait will be passed down.

P

Pandaman

Ive read numerous posters say the store bought silver solution is not strong enough hence the DIY silver generators peeps make for reversing females . Good luck !!!

I hear ya. I'm going to make a solution at the recommended ppm and another that is twice as strong. I'm getting this silver from a nutrition store so who knows if it's exactly what I need. I'll take pics and notes too.

When I get the process down after whatever trial and error, I'll post my tests and results :)

Thanks guys,
Panda

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I agree with Aligee. The stroe bought doesnt work from what ive read. Just too weak.

I wouldnt use stress to produce male flowers. That just means that the female you are using is prone to hermie and that trait will be passed down.

thanks, I take it that silver doesn't reproduce plants with hermaphroditic tendencies, that is great!

V

VolcanoVapin

Not all commercial colloidal silver is too weak. I've seen a few sites online that sell bottles of it as high as 50 ppm.

PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

Sub'd. Been wanting to know this for a minute. Cant wait to see the results. GL -PDX

P

Pandaman

To tell you the truth, I wasn't planning to post this Selfing Project. I don't mind though. I know I'll make some mistakes, but I guess I can't avoid that :).

My roommate found a bag seed in her favorite strain; Yoda. This Yoda has been purchased from one dispensary in particular and seems to have very high CBD levels making it trippy and euphoric.

The seed is translucent-white and obviously immature. We assume that the seed may not have been pollinated by male pollen so we won't know if it's the good stuff for prob 6 months when we can smoke her.

Flowering area is occupied for the next 4 months. I have a DJ Shorts Blueberry, White Widow and a plant that's just called OG, right now (Bout a month left). Supposedly OG stands for Ocean Grown but there is so much conjecture on it's origin I gave up. It's a fukkin great smoke and knocks me on my ass, so that's all that counts :). A big S.O.G. of Love Potion is already 3' high, vegging and waiting to go into flower. Her babies are being thrown into the flower area for sexing this weekend.

I will start a log as soon as I can. It will be at least 2 weeks before I start this. I just don't have any other way to get a space to do a side project and I need to wait for an opening.

[URL=http://invalid.com/photo/my-images/691/silverease.jpg/][IMG]http://img691.invalid.com/img691/7071/silverease.jpg[/URL] Uploaded with invalid.com[/IMG]

It's called Silverease and it's advertised as being Extra Strength at 240ppm. Total cost was twenty bucks. Thinning it out should get me many uses. The eBay seller doesn't seem to have any more. I'll start posting this project when I have something to show for it.

Thanks,
Panda

Venom818

Venom818

I hear ya. I'm going to make a solution at the recommended ppm and another that is twice as strong. I'm getting this silver from a nutrition store so who knows if it's exactly what I need. I'll take pics and notes too.

When I get the process down after whatever trial and error, I'll post my tests and results :)

Thanks guys,
Panda

heard the store bought silver doesn't work for some reason

P

Pandaman

heard the store bought silver doesn't work for some reason

Hey Venom818, thanks for stopping by :), I heard the same thing. Gonna try diff strengths. If that fails, I'm an amateur jeweler and I have plenty of fine silver I can use. I'll post what happens with the store bought stuff.

Sub'd. Been wanting to know this for a minute. Cant wait to see the results. GL -PDX

Thanks PDX420Grower :)

It doesn't I just tried it. Homemade c.s is the best mixed with Thiosulfate

Thanks for the tip, Calicannabiseed :)

Peace

Top Bottom