What Roon Temps do you run?

• Thread starter Ph 007
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ph 007

Ph 007

Hi im trying to figure our the perfect room temps and what temps so you guys aim for in veg abs flower

Here are my temps I aim for

Veg
Lights off 70/72f
Lights on 76-78f sometimes 82f in summer

Then

Flower I aim for
Lights off 68-71f
Lights on 75-78f

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Seem pretty decent as far as my 1 year growing experience, Shit i drop my temps to 65 with the light off, even as low as 62 in late late flower to pull out the colors. 62 may be a bit edgy. I dont let my temps get over 78. No matter what stage.
Pretty much the same temps. Except for late flower, i drop them lower.

quirk

quirk

Hi im trying to figure our the perfect room temps and what temps so you guys aim for in veg abs flower

Here are my temps I aim for

Veg
Lights off 70/72f
Lights on 76-78f sometimes 82f in summer

Then

Flower I aim for
Lights off 68-71f
Lights on 75-78f
Get your humidity dialed in with those temps and you'll be farting through silk.

Ph 007

Ph 007

Get your humidity dialed in with those temps and you'll be farting through silk.
Farthing through silk 🤣

Humidity is OK most the time anyway.

Veg 58-80, it sit a about 62-71 most of the time

And flower 52-68 sometimes 72 I known its bad I can't help it's the weather summer its high
I usually sit at 52-62 most the time in flower

I can't get it lower i have dehumidifier but it makes my room to hot when in use it,

I'd like to be able to test 40-50 humidity I'm flower to see what happen more THC and w/e

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The question is flawed but here goes excluding use of CO2 supplemented grows.

It has been shown in cannabis that the ideal leaf temperature for photosynthesis is 75f. This is the key room temps can vary greatly in order to achieve this leaf temp so if you really want to dial in on your temps then I suggest getting an IR temp gun.

Now also if your going to be shooting for the ideal leaf temps you may aswell take it a step further and use VPD to your advantage. Not the garbage online charts but true VPD that takes leaf temps into account. I can tell you it makes a decent difference in growth rates and plant health.

These are some links I think anyone who is going to use VPD must read to fully understand it because it's simply not as easy as picking a chart off the net and using it. If you do that you are likely to have issues.

The calculator is exactly what should be used.

Here they are:
Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Ph 007

Ph 007

It has been shown in cannabis that the ideal leaf temperature for photosynthesis is 75f. This is the key room temps can vary greatly in order to achieve this leaf temp so if you really want to dial in on your temps then I suggest getting an IR temp gun.

Now also if your going to be shooting for the ideal leaf temps you may aswell take it a step further and use VPD to your advantage. Not the garbage online charts but true VPD that takes leaf temps into account. I can tell you it makes a decent difference in growth rates and plant health.

These are some links I think anyone who is going to use VPD must read to fully understand it because it's simply not as easy as picking a chart off the net and using it. If you do that you are likely to have issues.

Here they are:
Part 1

Part 2

Part 3
When I asked the question it did pop in my head I bet some smart ass will say well it depends and mention about C02 and higher temps
Haha don't mean the smart ass in a bad way, you didn't fullu go their a out the C02 lol,, I'll.mention it any way with co2 higher temps can be used so on :)

Thanks for the links I shall have a look a bit layer on, and them IR temp gun I was looking at them few years back.. I'll have to look into it and get decent gun. Lucky you said or it would if been a amzon shit one

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

When I asked the question it did pop in my head I bet some smart ass will say well it depends and mention about C02 and higher temps
Haha don't mean the smart ass in a bad way, you didn't fullu go their a out the C02 lol,, I'll.mention it any way with co2 higher temps can be used so on :)

Thanks for the links I shall have a look a bit layer on, and them IR temp gun I was looking at them few years back.. I'll have to look into it and get decent gun. Lucky you said or it would if been a amzon shit one
Haha awesome... My opinion is yes CO2 allows for high leaf temps but that doesn't mean it's more beneficial. I shoulda kept quiet on the CO2 from the get go lol... Hope it doesn't derail the convo

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Amazon shit one are fine. Just important to read the directions and make sure it's set to surface temp.

It's actually important to measure from the proper distance.

quirk

quirk

A suggestion.

DSCN1829
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
72-79. Rooms actually are getting down to 68 now with lights off since snow rolled in. Have to actually turn the A/C up for once.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

Here they are:
Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Excellent info here. A lot of people discount VPD but it really makes quite a big difference if you understand it and apply the knowledge properly.

A lot of people I know think I'm crazy running vertical lamps with parabolics, but it's to reduce radiant heat warming up the leaves too much. Ideally I like to see my leaf temps about 3c (5f) below the average room temp. Room temps I keep between 22-26 celcius.

Moshmen

Moshmen

72-79. Rooms actually are getting down to 68 now with lights off since snow rolled in. Have to actually turn the A/C up for once.
Snow already? U must way up there! Lmao it’s like almost 90 here!
13044DFE 7536 4227 A60B 443281CB9F6B

BigCube

BigCube

This is the extreme opposite of a question I answered a few hours ago. 🤣

There is no one best temperature. There are too many other variables to give it any sort of accurate number. Too many genetic and environmental variables have way more impact than the reading o a thermometer. Humidity, and air flow have more impact for example. There are also things like co2 levels, leaf temps, root temps and straight up the darkness of your leaves probably matter more.

People are scared to get their tents over 90. But in reality, people grow outside in California and Florida with 100+ temps for days. Co2 users like to be at least 90.

Then there is strain. Outdoor strains will generally take higher temperatures than indoor. There are exceptions of course.

If your intake temperature is cooler than your tent and you have adequate airflow, high temps dont matter so much. It's more about how fast the plant can shed the heat off, lower rh and high airflow.

That being said, I keep my tent as cool as I can get it. Lol. I start with room temperature because my house is climate controlled. 21c. My 315 CMH 3x3x6 peaks at 26c. My led veg tent peaks at 25c and my 1.5x1.5x3 with 7 x 100w dollar store led bulbs peaks at 26c.

Lights out, I'm not sure cause I dont look. But it cant be colder than my house at 21c.

I think reasonably, I can assume between 20c and 30c with the right amount of rh and airflow is my only real answer 🤣

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Excellent info here. A lot of people discount VPD but it really makes quite a big difference if you understand it and apply the knowledge properly.

A lot of people I know think I'm crazy running vertical lamps with parabolics, but it's to reduce radiant heat warming up the leaves too much. Ideally I like to see my leaf temps about 3c (5f) below the average room temp. Room temps I keep between 22-26 celcius.
Agreed... I know a lot of people feel like VPD is hokus pokus but that's because these dam charts floating around the net. They actually end up giving very high humidity recommendations when compared to the proper VPD calculations.

Moshmen

Moshmen

This is the extreme opposite of a question I answered a few hours ago. 🤣

There is no one best temperature. There are too many other variables to give it any sort of accurate number. Too many genetic and environmental variables have way more impact than the reading o a thermometer. Humidity, and air flow have more impact for example. There are also things like co2 levels, leaf temps, root temps and straight up the darkness of your leaves probably matter more.

People are scared to get their tents over 90. But in reality, people grow outside in California and Florida with 100+ temps for days. Co2 users like to be at least 90.

Then there is strain. Outdoor strains will generally take higher temperatures than indoor. There are exceptions of course.

If your intake temperature is cooler than your tent and you have adequate airflow, high temps dont matter so much. It's more about how fast the plant can shed the heat off, lower rh and high airflow.

That being said, I keep my tent as cool as I can get it. Lol. I start with room temperature because my house is climate controlled. 21c. My 315 CMH 3x3x6 peaks at 26c. My led veg tent peaks at 25c and my 1.5x1.5x3 with 7 x 100w dollar store led bulbs peaks at 26c.

Lights out, I'm not sure cause I dont look. But it cant be colder than my house at 21c.

I think reasonably, I can assume between 20c and 30c with the right amount of rh and airflow is my only real answer 🤣
Growing outdoors here in southern Florida is not easy it can be done but our summers with temps as high as 110 and humidity levels that are they the roof ! This year we got what seemed like 100” of rain and the bugs ! There are multiple strains that tolerate this environment pretty well but it was so much easier to grow in Michigan ! Tough to get high quality smoke outdoors here in sunshine state! So I’ve switched to indoor farming!
Thanx for all the info everyone

Top Bottom