What should I expect? seed question

• Thread starter Otto Bonn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Otto Bonn

Otto Bonn

I was careless and my beautiful photoperiod Green Crack was polinated by a rougue Autoflower (Pink Runtz) growing in another room. Not all the buds have seeds so I wasn't that bummed and considered it a couple dozen free fem seeds.....but I just had a blinding flash of 'Oh Shit!' Will these seeds grow out to possibly have Ruderalis traits?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I was careless and my beautiful photoperiod Green Crack was polinated by a rougue Autoflower (Pink Runtz) growing in another room. Not all the buds have seeds so I wasn't that bummed and considered it a couple dozen free fem seeds.....but I just had a blinding flash of 'Oh Shit!' Will these seeds grow out to possibly have Ruderalis traits?
They won't be auto flower, but they will be auto flower hybrids, and if you cross two of the resulting plants, about 25% of the offspring will be auto.

I don't know what the other characteristics of ruderalis are, but I'm sure they can be passed on. Daddy's an auto.

steamroller

steamroller

What makes you think they are feminine seeds?
If you pollinated a female with a male you will have regular seeds.

Otto Bonn

Otto Bonn

What makes you think they are feminine seeds?
If you pollinated a female with a male you will have regular seeds.
Yeah that makes sense now!
How is an auto a male though? It's bred with ruderalis and a female plant and I can only assume the ruderalis was female as well?
How about the other Pink Runtz auto seeds, good chance they are males as well? thanks for the response

steamroller

steamroller

The other autos could be female.
You may have got regular auto seeds [ both male and female].
Feminized seeds happen when they reverse or self a female plant to make seeds without a male.

Otto Bonn

Otto Bonn

They were Barney's Farm autos, I got 5 FIVE packs and grew out one of each. All the other autos were impressive except this one. I think I'll grow the other 4 outside this Summer and see.
I guess if I gtow out the seeds from the Crack I'll just need to be more careful, I really didn't notice the male flowers until it was too late. Lesson learned.

Top Bottom