what should i pay my greenhorn helper kid.???

• Thread starter zoeronerer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nitehawk

Set the dogs on his ass find what he know and find out what he dont,
then maybe pay him a bit, but yeah i think between 7 and 10%

Z

zoeronerer

thanks everyone .... seems everyone feels about the same ...

southstreets i hear ya homey sucks that people cant cut the mustard sometimes ..

its funny because i know no matter what he wont be happy with the outcome ...

but hey when your young that tends to be the case ...

i worked my ass off as a youth with nothing but my knowledge gleaned from the old masters leading me to wer i am today ..

just like anything else we all have to pay dues ,,

just helps me find my balance after the kid lipped off to me and made me realize i should rethink the situation.
time to go crawl around in the bushes some more .

time to buy a trimming machine again ............

thanks everyone and aloha............

W

waverunner_21

he should pay you, you just taught him how to grow cash, but if you want to be a nice guy, pay him, strictly in percentage, a wage means he gets paid whether or not its a good harvest. percentage means he can increase the amount he makes by putting in more work into the show. it works as a motivator, having percent rather than wage.

L

Lost

I recently offered someone a share in my grow. Offer was 10% on a sliding scale based on weight, everything AFTER costs.

P

paulycali

I am the gardener for a medical patient who in return gives me 25% of the harvest. I do all the work and they pay for the supplies and equipment. If he is just your helping hand and is basically what i would call part time i believe he or she deserves at least 10% of the overall harvest. Bonuses are always welcome

L

Lost

My help did not even bring an extra card to the table... If they are adding to your plant count that is another matter.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
One year I hired Lost and Zoeronerer and all they did was sit around smoking dope all day long. I couldn't pay them because they puffed everything up.

S

sonaro

Someone mentioned this before, but it wasn't really followed up on. Would have been best to have an arrangement up front. Saves a lot of trouble/awkwardness/dissapointment in the end. Of course, that doesn't really help you now.

Maybe a flat rate would be better this year considering all the up front costs were on you. Something fair, but based mostly upon how much work he did. Next year, if he decides to help you out again, work out a percentage if that's what you want.

I'm always shocked how many people, not just younger people, but guys in there 30's and 40's, get into this thinking it's going to be easy money or quick money. Gotta love the good ol' fashion American "get rich quick" spirit.

Z

zoeronerer

One year I hired Lost and Zoeronerer and all they did was sit around smoking dope all day long. I couldn't pay them because they puffed everything up.

i would make hash out of the whole harvest ...

make iso oil ..

smoke the whole thing 10 hits with senhor lost ........

then start playin checkers

Z

zoeronerer

Someone mentioned this before, but it wasn't really followed up on. Would have been best to have an arrangement up front. Saves a lot of trouble/awkwardness/dissapointment in the end. Of course, that doesn't really help you now.

Maybe a flat rate would be better this year considering all the up front costs were on you. Something fair, but based mostly upon how much work he did. Next year, if he decides to help you out again, work out a percentage if that's what you want.

I'm always shocked how many people, not just younger people, but guys in there 30's and 40's, get into this thinking it's going to be easy money or quick money. Gotta love the good ol' fashion American "get rich quick" spirit.

yeah mon ......

it iz what it iz

F

FreshSteppin

just don't leave him hangin.

This is exactly how I was brought into the industry. Gettin paid 20/hr to do bitch work but hell I learned how to do construction etc... and grow of course.

shit got real bad when I was moving all of homeboys weight for him at a taxed price and never once got a bonus. If he is not only helping you with the grow but helping you move it then make sure he gets hooked up when your killin it.

Thats my philosophy these days. Keep the money flowin down the line. If my boys are killin it, I'm killin it and they get the hook up. bottom line.

if they slackin they get taxed even harder

L

Lost

Hahahahhaha! Fuker. Ahahahahaahhah!

Damn, I said I was sorry what do U want??

jah_hoover

jah_hoover

Keep your cuz sweet, if your growing so much weed 10% should be enough for him especially when he has hardly put any effort in.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
LMAO!

Add to that age range, into their 50s. Blew me away when a "friend" decided that everything I was growing was just FREE, and she deserved to be the main recipient of all that free weed.

No, honey, ain't nothin' in life free. I spent this thing called "time" learning how to grow this "free weed". I've spent countless hours of this thing that's not free, this thing called "time" learning how to really step up my game. I spent $200 to get my recommendation, and then $150 to get it each following year. I would have to go over my receipts to see how much more actual money I've spent on media, fertilizers, the RO/DI filter, pots, trays, lights, building the planter, and so on, and so on, and so on. And I keep spending quite a bit of this thing called "time" learning to grow better and bigger and danker. I am positive it's thousands and thousands of dollars at this point, some recoverable/reusable, many not.

Ain't nothin' in life that's truly free of cost, and it puts a fat, wiry hair across my ass that someone I'd been so generous with, always keeping her bowl filled, would think I owed her something. Got myself free of that shit right quick.

So, zoe, what does your gut tell you is reasonable? I hear that 10% number from folks who are in business to get folks set up and going, providing them with cuts, coach them through the process complete through harvey, then help them through that harvey, etc. Those people are doing most of the work themselves, though, and are providing the space, LABOR, and many materials themselves. Personally, I think a lower percentage in this situation is appropriate. What has HE put up? If he's being apprenticed, in my world that's a no-pay situation, no matter what's being apprenticed.

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
Base it on how much he helped you. For everyone it is different. For example: For me and my disability the mindless grunt physical work is most valuable to me and could not do certain things without assistance. How long has he helped? What value does the work he do have to you?

HeadGrow

HeadGrow

Seamaiden, i've been there before too mang. My last gf got so comfortable with how "easy" things were that she decided she deserved HALF of what came out of it. "HALF! for doing NOTHING! except puffing my stash", I said. That just pissed her off; glad that episode of my life is over. Maybe she was just jealous i spent more time staring at my ladies than i did her :)

People just don't understand that growing consists of a little bit more than just planting a seed, watering, and waiting.

Blaze

Blaze

I think 10% is MORE than generous for unskilled labor and the fact that you are the one providing the space, plants, money to fund it, etc. Something closer to 5% for a first time is probably more reasonable. If the kid does good, then bump him up to 8% or 10% next time.

The first grow I helped on I only got 4% that first year for doing the same sort of work you describe. I did well, so for the next two years it got bumped up to 8%. The fourth year it got raised to 12%. Now it's up to 40%, plus I have my own scene.

Of course the increase has been proportional to the amount of work I do too. When I was getting 4% I was only putting in maybe an hour or two a day, 5 days a week, not all that much. I pretty much ended up doing all the menial crap no one else wanted to do. At 12% it was maybe 15-20 hours a week. Now at 40%, it's more or less like a full time job as I have to be there 6 days a week for at least 4-6 hours a day, (or 10-12 hours a day during harvest) and am now doing the work that used to be done by three other people.

Or I'll put it another way. My partner that gets 10% provides the clones, everything we use for pest control, most of the nutrients, and does lab testing for me, among other things. Well worth the 10% IMO, but no way I'd give someone a cut that big for doing unskilled labor.

The land owner, who also does all the soil prep and planting, plus helps with harvest full time, gets 45%. The remaining 5% goes to the people who provide us with med cards and do not do any actual work.

M

monkey5

Premium Member
Supporter
Zoeronerer, you do not understand how hard i was laughing!

Zoeronerer, You just do not know how hard i was laughing about Tobor posting this up! Lol ...My family gets seed lines... and i always hook them up all the time! I treat my fam. real well! I trust them! And i like them! Even though some times they do not work hard enough or get done just exactly what i want done! But end of the day...its what you feel is fair brother! Hope that helps you. AND i got a real hard laugh, too! Thanks , man! monkey5

Z

zoeronerer

yeah monkey5 it helps ...

sea maiden u got that rite ..

lost man u are funnier than shit

and tobor that would be an epic crew u have no idea !

its funny because each person has touched on an aspect of what its like...

good luck to all crews and solo artist's this season ...

Z

zoeronerer

I think 10% is MORE than generous for unskilled labor and the fact that you are the one providing the space, plants, money to fund it, etc. Something closer to 5% for a first time is probably more reasonable. If the kid does good, then bump him up to 8% or 10% next time.

The first grow I helped on I only got 4% that first year for doing the same sort of work you describe. I did well, so for the next two years it got bumped up to 8%. The fourth year it got raised to 12%. Now it's up to 40%, plus I have my own scene.

Of course the increase has been proportional to the amount of work I do too. When I was getting 4% I was only putting in maybe an hour or two a day, 5 days a week, not all that much. I pretty much ended up doing all the menial crap no one else wanted to do. At 12% it was maybe 15-20 hours a week. Now at 40%, it's more or less like a full time job as I have to be there 6 days a week for at least 4-6 hours a day, (or 10-12 hours a day during harvest) and am now doing the work that used to be done by three other people.

Or I'll put it another way. My partner that gets 10% provides the clones, everything we use for pest control, most of the nutrients, and does lab testing for me, among other things. Well worth the 10% IMO, but no way I'd give someone a cut that big for doing unskilled labor.

The land owner, who also does all the soil prep and planting, plus helps with harvest full time, gets 45%. The remaining 5% goes to the people who provide us with med cards and do not do any actual work.

blaze this was my origional plan... to ramp it up ..

was just trying to copy the crews i have worked on in no cal .....:character0053:

Top Bottom