what should i pay my greenhorn helper kid.???

• Thread starter zoeronerer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bayareaballer

I think 10 percent is fair. If you had a 99 plant outdoor grow, he could do well. But if you had 20 plants, 10 percent is chump change. In that case offer him the option to trim as well. There is sumthing to be said for trust and reliability. Let's face it, you gotta be cut from a certain cloth to be in this game. Cops, feds, haters, etc, etc all have to be dealt with sooner or later and you need a strong team when the shit hits the fan. Me personally, I know the people I work with 20 years and our network if full of solid people. You pay for that luxury. So 10 percent, yeah thats fair.

Billygoat

Billygoat

Well, I know the full story. I've met the person Z is talking about and seemed to be a nice person. The person is young and has allot to learn. We where all that age once. The kid didn't know anything if I remember right. Z, took him under his arm and showed him the ropes. Even got him going with his first breeding project. Put a nice roof over his head and got him in the circle.

I think 10% is fair for what he did for work. Just my opinion.
Later,
BG

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
Well, I know the full story. I've met the person Z is talking about and seemed to be a nice person. The person is young and has allot to learn. We where all that age once. The kid didn't know anything if I remember right. Z, took him under his arm and showed him the ropes. Even got him going with his first breeding project. Put a nice roof over his head and got him in the circle.

I think 10% is fair for what he did for work. Just my opinion.
Later,
BG

Sounds like you know whats going on.
I have two "interns" so to speak, and in return for the work they do I provide a home, all power and water etc. is paid and 5% of the gross. Not to mention the knowledge provided (we all know there is no teacher like experience). After proving their competence and showing self motivation they will get a bump to 10% of the gross. A partner may deserve more than 10% but not a student.
My 2 cents.
FJ

B

Buddy Flowers

"percentage wise what do you feel is fair for someone who has zero expierience , put very little cost wise into the grow ....and worked on a marginal level."

what's the point of having him around?

K

Kiwigreen

minimal work and a poor attitude = poor return. if u are a skilled grower who knows how to produce a quality product then the opportunity to learn from years of wisdom almost constitutes payment in itself imho. maybe throw him a few oz and if the product is good he'll be keen for a bigger slice next time and pull his finger from his backside. just my .02

SweetTooth

SweetTooth

Rookies get 1 light, with gradual improvements hired help can only reach a maximum of 3 lights payout per crop. This works well with moderate size shows from 12-24 lights. I like this system because it drives them to want to learn and produce more weight because if yields are low it will come off their bottom line in the end,

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

i have worked and still work with many investors who are all close friends they have always provided housing bills etc; 50% has been the agreement from the start of every operation, however i bring my own genetics to the table and consider myself far from a greenhorn. i would give no less then 10% as long as he worked hard and shows that he wants to progress; especially if it's family, breaking ties over a 10% cut is far from worth it IMO. wishin everyone happy girls and fat nugs as harvest time grows closer.

Billygoat

Billygoat

There are allot of good points made. I'll talk to Z and see if he can drop on in and reply, but like I posted earlier. "Well, I know the full story. I've met the person Z is talking about and seemed to be a nice person. The person is young and has allot to learn. We where all that age once. The kid didn't know anything if I remember right. Z, took him under his arm and showed him the ropes. Even got him going with his first breeding project. Put a nice roof over his head and got him in the circle.

I think 10% is fair for what he did for work. Just my opinion."

Not going to give up the location, but I spent a whole week hanging out with Z and the rookie. I would give my left nut. To be able to live in the location they where and be able to grow. This kid had it made to a point and dropped the ball. Not putting this person down, but he did some things that he shouldn't have.

Any ways, I agree with the 10%. Since this is a old thread. I'll have to get Z to drop in and fill in the blanks. I remember him telling me what he paid him, but so much has happen since then and I forgot. Any ways, allot of members here have posted some good points and good feedback. I think this thread is a good one. It's on point and will help others. That might have to deal with something along these lines.
Take care,
BG

S

Sunbiz1

hi everyone took a little one under my wing this year ..

percentage wise what do you feel is fair for someone who has zero expierience , put very little cost wise into the grow ....and worked on a marginal level.

i want to be fair and i also want to be fair to myself .

i will be honest there wer some work related issues as far as motivation . and the attitude at times was not there .

im using this to gage his pay and to make sure he dosent throw a shit fit ... friends in humby said 10% max what do you think ? i know many others would offer nothing but i would like to hear what u guys charge for imparting knowledge on a young jedi.

Hmm, what is a fair wage for a job that I would have dreamed of at age 18?.

10% sounds about fair.

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
hes fam dude ..............

not the answer im lookin for yo ..i have been in this game since i was 3 years old homey hes just my charge for the summer.

thanks as usual don juan ... thats what i was thinking im just going to pay him a flat rate for the help.... i was trying to gage what i felt was correct .... its not a huge grow this year but more than most make in a years work .. i was prob going to pay him a monthly wage as u suggest but thats about spot on with a small percentage .... i was thinking the same thing but we are not making it to a second phase.

i have ran huge crews with 20 people blindfolded and stuffed in a van ...

but this kid is fam so i have to be fair .. i posted this for him to read when he has trouble with it ... peoples opinions are valued as long as they are constructive ..

in the last few years i have worked alone as well ..

number one rule in the game no partners ..

sometimes u have to give someone a little direction in life .

do it like don juan said imo like deadliest catch you shouldnt get a full share till you take the bull by the horns id give him a share when he is working harder than u or just as hard and looking on here on his own and learning, just my opinion flat rate till stripes are earned is way fair when some one like you helps out a youngster....... awsome you used the farm to show him the way things get done by others......

P

patrick hazey

Hi. I have been using AN nutrients but looking to switch up to something with less salt. What do you suggest? Thanks for taking time to respond.

G

Greencandyman

How much to pay?

I never work with someone. Ive gotten ripped, and had nothin but problems with others that didn't do crap, but wanted half....but he is family. I think 10% sounds fair. If he aint happy with that, and is not real enthused about growing, gaining knowledge from someone that knows what they are doing and that he may really appreciate later in life, I would just pay him to pull weeds around the house and keep him out of the garden! If you love the plant, the motivation comes easy. Look at all the trial and errors most of us have went thru to gain the knowledge, and he gets it for a cut. Awesome deal in my opinion.

G

Greencandyman

How much Pay

I have to remeber where this is. I have a family member that wants to join me as well....But you know how that can go.

squarepusher

squarepusher

for just time and effort, id say 5%. Maybe at seasons 2, when they are experienced, 8%. If they aren't putting any investment up , hard to give them more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom