what size container are you keeping mother plants in

• Thread starter GreenGalaxyFarm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dub_City405

Dub_City405

wont the large pots result in trees in a indoor space, thinking ceiling height may become an issue for sure as its hps

Depends on how close the lights are to the plant. You can lower the light and once the plant starts to get light burn top it 2 or 3 times. And it will bush up. But just my common sense is this is home grown. So you can use a 5 gallon and veg it for 2 or 3 months and be able to get 30 or 40 good clones off a good mother. Just all depends how many cuttings you need.

Yes they will be big tree trunks. Gotta get the big shears to cut the stocks of these ladies. Not scissors. Or clippers. Lol but a healthy steady mother produces clones that will root in 7 days. Easy.

Trixie

Trixie

I have found that one can take the top two or three inches off the top of the soil and replace it with new soil to feed mothers. No need to transplant the whole container only the top part of the soil. I have had a plant using this method for over 10 years.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
You might find this of interest. It’s a decent piece on how to keep small mother plants, hence more.
I just read that entire article and had no plans to keep a bonsai monther…. Now I want a bonsai mother just to have one 😂😂😂😂

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
You might find this of interest. It’s a decent piece on how to keep small mother plants, hence more.
Hey, interesting. A bit of a shock seeing them cut tap roots off clones...I say what the fk........I thought them where my babies to look after carefully and they go chopping them off????? and cutting the root balls roots off like that to keep as Bonzi ???? fkin pros do some shit I could never do......its interesting to see that they recover and grow healthy after all the chopping and trimming of roots

Top Bottom