What size Tent and Light Will I Need

• Thread starter crypto03
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

Are my buds Overkill too? I pulled the trellis off yesterday and it took me a half an hour to get the thing around these donkeys. These are half the size of my last plant. I'm about to harvest it in the next few days.
never thought of doing 2 or 3 plants like that next to each other in the same space ? there's surely room for 2 may be 3 imo.

well your very good with hydro, no doubt with that ; )

but that's not what the average hydro grower buds look like ... and i spend my days browsing people diaries on growdiaries.com ; )

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

never thought of doing 2 or 3 plants like that next to each other in the same space ? their surely room for 2 may be 3 imo.

well your good with hydro, no doubt with that ; )
I'm totally lost, this is one plant. One seed. One stock... It fills up the entire tent on its own.

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

I'm totally lost, this is one plant. One seed. One stock... It fills up the entire tent on its own.
This is an OG Kush in my veg tent under a 600 watt metal halide. There is a trellis holding it down but as you can see it takes up the entire tent, there is no way I could go two or three. Even if I did grow two or three I would never get more yield out of it, I get more yield out of one plant than I ever have with two in the same tent.

IMG 20240309 110935056 HDR
Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

never thought of doing 2 or 3 plants like that next to each other in the same space ? there's surely room for 2 may be 3 imo.

well your very good with hydro, no doubt with that ; )

but that's not what the average hydro grower buds look like ... and i spend my days browsing people diaries on growdiaries.com ; )
I totally understand what you're saying now after I read it again, but the plant has branches so thick that the buds need to be spread apart instead of held up, you're seeing the plant after the trellis has been removed. So it's sticking straight up, while they are growing they are spread out to touch all the walls of the tent and not get too high, admittingly I did burn my two big colas on the top in my last girl because I could not keep them far enough away from the light, whereas if I was using LEDs the buds would not have burnt.

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

This is an OG Kush in my veg tent under a 600 watt metal halide. There is a trellis holding it down but as you can see it takes up the entire tent, there is no way I could go two or three. Even if I did grow two or three I would never get more yield out of it, I get more yield out of one plant than I ever have with two in the same tent.
was speaking of two or three like the mother. might be faster to fill the space than with one wich have a huge impact on gr/w/m²/'time spent veg +flo"

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

was speaking of two or three like the mother. might be faster to fill the space than with one wich have a huge impact on gr/w/m²/'time spent veg +flo"
I used to grow two side by side but it ended up being a real pain, because I use high heat bulbs I have to use the trellis to keep them down, working with more than one plant is a nightmare, and because I have four separate grow areas, I have a perpetual 10 week cycle. I grow autos under a 600 w in a 3X3 box also. All my plants start out in a small 2x2 box under 200 w of LEDs until they get transferred to 400 w metal halide to 600 w metal halide then obviously the 600 w HPS. It's my style it's the way I've been doing it for years, I won't fix what isn't broken, lol.. to me the best part of LEDs is looking at the buds while they are growing. You can see them a lot better, HPS lights are just an orange blob. Lol

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

And you should know with all of your "equations and charts" that having two plants does not make more yield under the same light bro lol. The light has everything to do with how big your yield is going to be, absolutely nothing to do with how many plants you have.

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

100W preferably 150W led is what you want for a 60x60 thing like:

If you read the question again he's asking what size tent to get and light not what like to get for that little dinky tent he has. So I would go with a 4x4 and at least 600 watts of light no matter what type of lights you're getting. 250 watts is not going to get you the yield you're looking for,

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

And you should know with all of your "equations and charts" that having two plants does not make more yield under the same light bro lol. The light has everything to do with how big your yield is going to be, absolutely nothing to do with how many plants you have.
"time spent veg +flo" it's all about how fast you fill the space ...

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

"time spent veg +flo" it's all about how fast you fill the space ...
Are you trying to tell me that putting two or three plant side by side is going to fill the tent faster than one plant under the same light? The only way that you are correct, is because there is three plants they're taking up the space, but the plants are 1/3 the size. The logic behind that only makes sense if you want three different strains, otherwise you will never get more yield from that.

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

If you read the question again he's asking what size tent to get and light not what like to get for that little dinky tent he has. So I would go with a 4x4 and at least 600 watts of light no matter what type of lights you're getting. 250 watts is not going to get you the yield you're looking for,
"I’m currently growing out of my small bedroom which only has about 2m long and 1.5m wide space"

2mx1.5m bedroom is small he might not have room for a 4x4 (1.2mx1.2m) tent...

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

"I’m currently growing out of my small bedroom which only has about 2m long and 1.5m wide space"

How about we wait for him to answer this total shit show of a thread. 😂 He's got two people going back and forth about their opinions and how they should grow. Neither one of us have actually answered his question. In order to get a decent yield he needs to have a decent space which would require at least a 2x4 or 4x4 tent and at least 400 to 600 watts of light. Can't really be much more open and upfront than that. I don't think anybody's going to argue with that either

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

How about we wait for him to answer this total shit show of a thread. 😂 He's got two people going back and forth about their opinions and how they should grow. Neither one of us have actually answered his question. In order to get a decent yield he needs to have a decent space which would require at least a 2x4 or 4x4 tent and at least 400 to 600 watts of light. Can't really be much more open and upfront than that. I don't think anybody's going to argue with that either

I am Canadian blooded and all my ancestors are Canadian, I live in northern Minnesota, but I still go by the standard system and have to do the equation between metric and standard every time I see centimeters and meters 😂😂

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

well i understood it as he was sleeping and growing in that room as he said "my bedroom", there simply no room for much bigger than 60x60 like he already has if there's a bed in that room may be a 2x4

also decent yield is very subjective, i think you can get a decent yield in a 60x60x90 with a 150W LED, but depending if it has to do with little space you can affect to growing decent yield can vary a lot from one to another.

(i live in a small appartment, so that's also why i understood it like that)

of course if it's a room he can dispose because no one sleep in it, or nothing is stored in it that's another story.

Last edited:
Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

well i understood it as he was sleeping and growing in that room as he said "my bedroom", there simply no room for much bigger than 60x60 like he already has if there's a bed in that room may be a 2x4

also decent yield is very subjective, i think you can get a decent yield in a 60x60x90 with a 150W LED, but depending if it has to do with little space you can affect to growing decent yield can vary a lot from one to another.

of course if it's a room he can dispose because no one sleep in it, or nothing is stored in it that's another story.
My idea of a decent yield is getting the yield that you're putting all your time and effort into. If you have $500 into your setup, which is a very modest setup. You should still be able to produce a half a pound each grow with that amount of money spent. I have about $1,200 into everything I have, and I am expecting between 600 and 700 grams every 10 weeks, I like to share and trade with my fellow growers and Friends so I want as much as I can possibly yield. I keep a half a pound for myself, and the rest which would be at least a half a pound or more for other people to trade etc... that is the reason why I only have one plant flowering at a time

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

Anyone that wants to grow cannabis and have a decent yield will make room for a decent-sized tent 😂😂... I know I would

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

Trying to answer your question directly...buy a tent based on how much bud you want to harvest per grow. If an intermediate grower is filling their tent completely, a reasonable assumption is that you'd average an ounce per square foot of tent footprint each run. So, a 2x4' will give you 8 oz. dried per run. Results in practice will vary, depending on what and how you're growing, and as your skills advance.

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

Trying to answer your question directly...buy a tent based on how much bud you want to harvest per grow. If an intermediate grower is filling their tent completely, a reasonable assumption is that you'd average an ounce per square foot of tent footprint each run. So, a 2x4' will give you 8 oz. dried per run. Results in practice will vary, depending on what and how you're growing, and as your skills advance.
That's a very good way of putting it. My first few grows years ago I was getting about 6 to 8 oz... As I got better and better now I'm reaching over a pound per grow...

Newty

Newty

I didn't read through all the post but if it wasn't mentioned, pay close attention to the height of the tent you're purchasing because with your restriction on room size you will definitely want as much height as you can get.

80"/6.5 feet tall tents is what I use.

Top Bottom