What size Tent and Light Will I Need

• Thread starter crypto03
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Hi There,
My two plants are currently three weeks old. My question is what size tent and light will I need to get a decent yield? I know there is multiple factors to this including strain, lighting, growing methods like fimming and topping. But would like a general idea on what I need to get as I currently have a 60cmx60cmx90cm tent. And I know it all comes down to how big you want them to get but I’m currently growing out of my small bedroom which only has about 2m long and 1.5m wide space
Sad to see all that arguing. Your tent translates to 2x2x3 in feet. That's too short. You'll need a taller tent. I have one that size that I bought accidentally. I couldn't use it to grow. There just wasn't enough vertical space. So, now I use it for drying. It works well for that.

For LED lights, a good rule of thumb for light power is 30 watts per square foot of floor space. So, your 2x2 is 4 square feet. Multiply that by 30. For that, therefore, a 120-watt light would be recommended. It's not a bad idea, however, to buy more light power than needed if you have plans to upgrade your tent. Just make sure the light level can be controlled.

I have a 2x4 tent and have a 240-watt ViparSpectra XS2000 light in it. I have never had it above about 60% power. I have it plugged into a power meter so I can calculate the percentage of power precisely. It's running at 100 watts now while the plants are in their late vegetation stage.

Newty

Newty

Sad to see all that arguing. Your tent translates to 2x2x3 in feet. That's too short. You'll need a taller tent. I have one that size that I bought accidentally. I couldn't use it to grow. There just wasn't enough vertical space. So, now I use it for drying. It works well for that.
I missed it in the original post also but the OP is buying a new tent and wants to know what size new tent and light they should get. I didn't catch what size room they are going to put the new tent in though.

The 2x2x3 is a tent they have now just to start the plants.

Newty

Newty

Wrong. The AC Infinity and ViparSpectra lights I use post their power correctly. It's easy to test, and I have done so. I plug the lights into a power meter and run them at 100% power to see how much wattage they draw. I can confirm that both those brands are exactly as claimed by the manufacturer.
My Vivosun and Spider Farmer lights also post power correctly.

Most people are looking at the first light they see on Amazon for less then $100 that says 600w-1000w, these are brands with names that no one has ever heard of and can't be trusted.

You can always try to find a manual or the actual manufacturer specs and they will show actual wattage, most people just read the description and skip over the technical specs.

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

I'd like to see a 600 watt LED produce the same buds as a 600 watt HPS.

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

What a freakin monster! is this strain on the heavier side ?
All of my plants are this size, regardless of the strain. Thank you!. It's a certain style I've concocted from using several different hydroponic systems. It's simple and produces huge results.

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

What a freakin monster! is this strain on the heavier side ?
It's a White Banner.... White Widow x Bruce Banner... This particular strain/seed is from Crop King Seeds... They've been good to me. Google it up, you'll see a bunch of different grow styles...🤘😎👍

T

tgpeters

I had buds like that growing Hydro (dutch bucket style) with Bruce Banner 3. Some of the guys in this forum called BS about how much a plant produced. I showed a 5 gallon bucket harvested from 1 plant grown inside a tent. Harvests can be huge. Similar to what you show, buds were far bigger than two hands wrapped around. I think your sized harvest is both talent and the strain (or maybe simply very good luck that repeats every harvest). I know, cuz I had been overly lucky with multiple harvests as well. OHHHHHH Yah, and Auto's suck never produce and are never very good quality. If they do produce it's dumb luck. 😜

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

I had buds like that growing Hydro (dutch bucket style) with Bruce Banner 3. Some of the guys in this forum called BS about how much a plant produced. I showed a 5 gallon bucket harvested from 1 plant grown inside a tent. Harvests can be huge. Similar to what you show, buds were far bigger than two hands wrapped around. I think your sized harvest is both talent and the strain (or maybe simply very good luck that repeats every harvest). I know, cuz I had been overly lucky with multiple harvests as well. OHHHHHH Yah, and Auto's suck never produce and are never very good quality. If they do produce it's dumb luck. 😜
Are you referring to my grow?

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

Yep, pure luck. LOL. I get lucky as well. Good work!!!
You think my buds are pure luck? 😂.. yeah bruh.. that's it... Not many years of growing, learning botany, how cannabis grows, etc... nothing but pure luck.... Love it!!!

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

No you didn't... I call bullshit.

Sunasun

Sunasun

My Vivosun and Spider Farmer lights also post power correctly.

Most people are looking at the first light they see on Amazon for less then $100 that says 600w-1000w, these are brands with names that no one has ever heard of and can't be trusted.

You can always try to find a manual or the actual manufacturer specs and they will show actual wattage, most people just read the description and skip over the technical specs.
My favorite brand is xxhhdssddfjjj or other "Chinese" gibberish names you see on Amazon.
I have spider farmer and vivosun and their power draw listed is accurate.
Grew in a 2x3x3 and still burned the tops of my plant with 100 watt light set at 25 % and 7 inches above after stretch. quarter pound of potent yet ugly smoke. Get as tall as your ceiling will allow.. my ceiling is 12 feet tall, so I built custom grow closets for veg and flower.

Sunasun

Sunasun

No you didn't... I call bullshit.
Fact check: this is the size of his hands.
Images 1

So...... Plausible?

Latest posts

Top Bottom