What skills does growing really take?

• Thread starter revolutionseeds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

revolutionseeds

Premium Member
Supporter
So, I wanted to start a thread showing all the different skills it takes to build rooms, grow, sell, deal with police, deal with the public, etc...you get the picture. Most of you already know what it takes, but it should be fun to see what other's have to say and maybe a newcomber can learn a thing or two. Not to mention all the people, which are definately not on this site, but we all know some, that think herb grows itself, runs on down to the store and sells itself, no work involved. Please just write up to three skills per person so we can get a more diverse (creative) response. So, I'm going to start it out with....a good grower is also an...........

P

peabody

preperation--n--organization. Hope this thread takes off a lot to be learned if more farmers join in. stay safe.

R

revolutionseeds

Premium Member
Supporter
Whoa, hold on peeps. These are all great but I'm talking actual skills, like electrician, carpenter, plumber, business man....etc. Much more goes into growing then actually growing medicine, their is a lot of work that goes into things before the ball gets rolling, after as well. My point is good growers are also, electricians, plumbers...etc. Our job requires at least limited knowledge in these areas and many others. So, start brainstormin' cause we are truly masters of many trades in a lot of ways.

R

revolutionseeds

Premium Member
Supporter
I agree both patience and consistency are key to survival in our trade, but I don't know if they are technically skills, more attributes.

R

revolutionseeds

Premium Member
Supporter
I can smell the brain cells burnin'. Keep'um coming folks.

R

Rolln J

electrician and carpenter are trades - lol ok "skilled trades"

Im gonna say - project manager then...

that aint brain cells burning its hash and og kush and I took 10 mls of really good tincture...

come to think of it maybe it is brain cells :character0095:

:icon_animal26:

7rayos

I'd say for a useful skill being an entomologist. Specially for outdoor growers. A proper one wouldn't spend a cent in pest control.
Another skill who have made very average growers into forum superstars (talking about forums in general) is photography. A good photographer can make a plant attractive and someone more skilled would then grow it much better.
And the third one, sommelier, or professional taster. They'll be much better at selecting flavor and aromas.

pork

pork

numchuck skills....

computer hacking skills.....

bow hunting skills.....

along with: electrical, carpentry, plumbing, hvac, engineering/physics, reading, math

or some jedi friends....

the hardest part is emulating an outdoors environment on the inside....the plant is a weed, it'll practically grow itself.....get a super heady soil mix and you'll need water and some basic nutes and you'll grow some fire.....but if you can't get that room dialed in, you won't be growing anything

true grit

true grit

I get where you are going with this- I used to be involved in politics and lobbying, so yes that makes the business aspect and relating to people easy for me.

I'm a carpenter, welder, and know a limited amount of electrical. This helps me envision my fabrication and then actually able to put it into play. Does that make things easier- very much so. I can build a bad ass set-up, but I'm already thinking about improvements. And its much more fun to apply skills I've learned in life to this, rather than a 9-5 working on someone else's dreams.

But when it comes to growing- the ability to research and learn. Period. Anyone can make an amazing set-up and follow simple successful regimens and get results....if they spend enough time researching and learning from other growers. Thats why I do so many grow logs- they helped me learn, I'm still learning, and hopefully I can help other learn from my mistakes and successes in growing. And believe me, I make plenty of mistake to learn from! lol.

S

Simple Simon

keeping your mouth shut
I was just going to say ,If your going to grow and sell You better have some acting skills because you never ever want to tell anyone you are growing. The repercussions are obvious. ---------SS

R

revolutionseeds

Premium Member
Supporter
I get where you are going with this- I used to be involved in politics and lobbying, so yes that makes the business aspect and relating to people easy for me.

I'm a carpenter, welder, and know a limited amount of electrical. This helps me envision my fabrication and then actually able to put it into play. Does that make things easier- very much so. I can build a bad ass set-up, but I'm already thinking about improvements. And its much more fun to apply skills I've learned in life to this, rather than a 9-5 working on someone else's dreams.

But when it comes to growing- the ability to research and learn. Period. Anyone can make an amazing set-up and follow simple successful regimens and get results....if they spend enough time researching and learning from other growers. Thats why I do so many grow logs- they helped me learn, I'm still learning, and hopefully I can help other learn from my mistakes and successes in growing. And believe me, I make plenty of mistake to learn from! lol.

Awesome attitude, true grit!! Only a fool, thinks he knows it all. We are all still learning everyday! Helping others is what it's all about, the true reward of or work! Helping keep the cannabis plant as far from extinct as possible, is also a major goal we have as a community, so there is definately a sense of satisfaction in the fact that we really do make a difference now and for generations to come.

R

revolutionseeds

Premium Member
Supporter
Great ideas everyone! Thank you for your input and keep the ideas rolling in. There are many more skills, abilities, and attributes that make a grower a great grower!

R

revolutionseeds

Premium Member
Supporter
numchuck skills....

computer hacking skills.....

bow hunting skills.....

along with: electrical, carpentry, plumbing, hvac, engineering/physics, reading, math

or some jedi friends....

the hardest part is emulating an outdoors environment on the inside....the plant is a weed, it'll practically grow itself.....get a super heady soil mix and you'll need water and some basic nutes and you'll grow some fire.....but if you can't get that room dialed in, you won't be growing anything

LOL! I've never harvested with numchucks before, maybe I'll go apeshit in my room next time, lol. But yeah, you ain't growing shit without numchucks, lol!

Top Bottom