What strains do you grow outdoors in oregon?

• Thread starter PDX420Grower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
the rrock

the rrock

^^^ Thats a nice plant bro! Nice and frosty:) Did you start it indoor 1st? (if so, how long?) I plan on vegging mine a month or so indoor before I put em outside. They're gonna get HUGE! Kripplecreek, I was thinking of NLs cuz I've heard they do good in the NW. Guess we'll find out. Nice to meet you too. Cheech, thats cool that you mentioned Purple Widow cuz I actually have a few PW seeds I got from a buddy and I already planned on using them too. Also going to pop a few NLxBB, a few TW, and a few Jackberrys I got from the farm. (Thanks Logic! Thanks Sannie!) Too bad this wont be til next year. Cant wait. Any and all suggestions or pics appreciated. Thanks -PDX

NL5xhaze or anything from sannie(killing fields outdoors would be monsterous)

G

Growing247

World of Seeds Landrace Afghani and Paki are great strains. I pulled 2 oz dried from their "small" auto-variety grown indoor. I've got a Paki going right now.

I made some nice hash from the Afghani.

I love their auto flowering afghani. I got a couple of those along with the full size landrace afghani for free with an order of other seeds. None of the other seeds even germinated but the auto flowering afghani and the landrace both germinated and I was amazed at how sweet and dense the buds were. For an auto flower they were almost as large as some regular photoperiod plants I've grown indoors! I recently just ordered a bunch more packs of Afghan Kush landrace and I'm trying their Black Domina X Kush! Also, they have a deal where you get 2 free pakistani ryders and 2 free auto kush ryders with every pack of WoS you buy from the attitude so I ordered three packs.

As far as growing outdoors in Oregon. The weather and seasons can be so unpredictable...also, there are so many micro climates around Oregon I would say growing Auto flowering strains from joint Doctor or World of Seeds or the famous Iranian Auto flower that everyone who grows seems to love. Whatever you grow you have to be very careful...I am trimming some AK47 I wanted to let go another week because I like my buds super super mature but I started noticing mold so I had to cut it sort of early for my tastes. If you're not a fan of auto flower I would grow strains that have a very fast flowering stage like pure Indicas and stay away from the Sativas even though they are really nice some of them and I would love to grow more sativas the flowering can take 14 weeks or longer sometimes! Not the right plants for Oregon my friends. Good luck with the outdoor grows!

A

Apis

I've got a Kannabia Afrodite in full bud outside right now. She's a Herer/Afghani cross. So far she's standing up to the rain. No mold or other maladies. Strong plant. I'm watching her closely as she's got at least 2 more weeks. I will probably have to pull her a bit early.

I'm starting my winter indoor run with Killing Fields and Kolossus. I am going to attempt Killing Fields outdoor next year. It's the tits.

G

Greencandyman

Check out the real seed companyies Nanda Devi and Garwhali. The Nanda Devi grows at high elevation and is very mold/cold resistant. The Garwhali is a wild growing landrace that I want to try. Ethiopian Highland is another that is awesome. Grew it years ago and is very cold/mold resistant pure sativa landrace. Do not know where to get it now that Mark E. is in prison. Also, Mazar-I-Sharif from the real seed company is a very large, super afghani as I would call it. Grows 12-16 feet high, andcan handle brutle afghani winters. Never grew it, but I read articles from growers and it was still growing w snow on the ground, and turns a very red color when temps drop. Sorry I did not get to hook up w you when I was up there. I will next time.
Greencandyman

K

kingjigsaw420

hey friend, this year i had a great outcome sith la confidintal from dna. they finished the last week of sept and from three dwarf plants (bout 30 in tall and bushy ) i pulled a little over half pound of super rock hard golf ball sticky indica nugs. i live ony 5 miles from the coast , so i imagine over east with a little more veg time , they would blow my stats out of the water! aslo i did p. urkel , but wont do it again on coast. really tasty, but never came to full potinal. also had a little bud rot toward the end on the la's, but nothing major. good luck

zlessley

zlessley

I know this is a little late but it looks like I'll be trying pretty much everything outdoors this year ;) This includes Purple Bazooka, Cheeseberry Haze, Qleaner X Double Bubble, Pineapple Express (g-13 labs), Barney's Blue Cheese, and then maybe a few of my clones of Jack the Ripper, Trainwreck, and Silvertip.
I'm wondering when I should toss these outside in western OR... any tips would be great! I'm thinking end of April/early may.

420bliss

420bliss

i had a mango last year that produced really good and finished in time, i had one actually finish in late aug- early sept and the others mid- late sept, the funny thing is the one that finished early was the mom to all the others im pretty it was stress related because i put that plant in the ground and it seemed to go into shock really bad and didnt want to come back so after about a week- week and a half i just pulled it up out the hole (didn't undig, just yanked it out) thru it to the side and the mother fu*ker came back to life with its rootball completely above ground, it didnt produce very well but i got some early bud off her lol

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

i just pulled it up out the hole (didn't undig, just yanked it out) thru it to the side and the mother fu*ker came back to life with its rootball completely above ground, it didnt produce very well but i got some early bud off her lol

THATS BANANAS! Supposed to get hooked up with clones of mango this week. Your post has me even more excited to get it.

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

A friend of mine poped some beans from amsterdamn he ordered and took clones of those that did well.

420bliss

420bliss

A friend of mine poped some beans from amsterdamn he ordered and took clones of those that did well.

oh i believe the mango i had came from seeds from Hawaii or something ( i think thats what the lady i got it from told me) i didnt doubt it though, it was a very tropical looking and smelling plant

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

Still havent heard back from that guy, hope to hear from him soon though cause he's supposed to mow down the grass on my land so i can decide where to excavate.

Breeder

Breeder

Whats anyone putting out this year? Once again I got a pretty hot lineup for this season!

420bliss

420bliss

this year i have a few bag seeds that i saved, some blueberry hashplant, jackberry, agent orange, orange crush, mendo purple, and sour diesel.

W

WEED WARRIOR

World of Seeds Landrace Afghani and Paki are great strains. I pulled 2 oz dried from their "small" auto-variety grown indoor. I've got a Paki going right now.

I made some nice hash from the Afghani.

I grow every strain I would grow indoors. I use a greenhouse and put 30 watt lights every 10f feet to prevent flowering until the time is right and then when the summer rolls in I turn off the lights and chop my crop around October. I use very little pest control. Lizards keep bugs under control. Snakes and spiders as well. Also, I use 2 box fans suspended in the middle of the greenhouse to keep the air moving and to make the limbs of the plants strong without blowing them away. On the good side if it get's too humid I can move the plants indoors and use dehumidifiers to stop the powdery mildew if it becomes a problem when it get's too cold. Either that or heat the greenhouse with space heaters. Growing OG Kush, Lemon Diesel, Trainwreck, and EXODUS CHEESE, along with Ken's GDP.
You don't want to add heat when you have mildew, cold would be better for mildew will lead to mold and mold thrives in heat. I was harvesting in October in the Illinois Valley with it snowing on us and wasn't worried at all. Lost less than .5% to mold. 325lbs off 97 girls: Williams Wonder, Purple Kush, Bubba Kush.

indicabush

indicabush

Kaya Gold and Silver Bubble....cold and moisture tolerant beans....bought some from Gorilla-Cannabis-Seeds

S

Seed Buyer

Anyone have any info on Huckleberry? I lived in in Portland in 2000 as a 20 year old aspiring grower and got my hands on some amazing outdoor Huckleberry. Got the feeling the strain was something of a local/oregon creation. Any info?

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

Kaya Gold and Silver Bubble....cold and moisture tolerant beans....bought some from Gorilla-Cannabis-Seeds
Hey Indicabush how did the kaya gold and silver bubble turn out? is the mold resistance as good as the breeders claimed? i have been checking out both these strains for a while but never pulled the trigger on them.

indicabush

indicabush

Hey Indicabush how did the kaya gold and silver bubble turn out? is the mold resistance as good as the breeders claimed? i have been checking out both these strains for a while but never pulled the trigger on them.

@Kygiacomo ....from the mj growing forum back in 014? Previous grows have done well for us in our area and we are considering another grow in the future. I personally will be sticking to the kaya gold; personal preference.

Latest posts

Top Bottom