What the F is this?

• Thread starter weedgirl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SSHZ

I find putting a dehumidifier in the room the last 2 weeks to lower humidity, and a slight breeze in the room at night, greatly help with this kind of issue. It also can be strain specific, with some strains just seem to get it more often ......

W

weedgirl

All the buds I found pm on will go in the bubblebags with ice and water, but I will let the buds/plant material dry first, as I think that will give me the ice hash in powder form I am looking for. I have been made to believe (from experience and advice) that fresh plant material in the bubblebags will produce a sticky clay like ice hash, while dry plat material / buds will give me the dry ice hash in powder form, that I am looking for.

As for the buds I have decided to keep (and not make ice hash from), am I right to assume that the pm will not spread once it's dry? I am afraid of mold developing from the spores I can't see now, once the weed is dry.

Lastly. What is the best way to go about drying them. Both the once I will keep and the once that is going in the bubble bags? I have a dehumidifier in the room, and a vortex fan running with a carbon filter on + a fan on low speed in the room (not pointing directly at the weed). But what temperature should I go for?

F

FromGROtoFLO

It's real simple - if youre going to sell it, just trim and push it. If youre considering smoking it, think twice.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Congrats! You now have PM spores in your room.

Since you dont seem to mind herbacides (I think I read a post where you were spraying floramite in week 5), pick up some eagle 20 and hit all of your vegging plants/ meaning mothers and clones that are getting ready for the next round.

Get a tank sprayer and fill with bleach @ 1 cup/ gal. Spray EVERYTHING IN THE ROOM, including the light fixtures, fans, etc...

If not, it will come back. PM is systemic, and the spores are a bitch.

I have heard of people using green cure on dryign buds, but I hgave never done this nor woudl I suggest it. Dry it out, and blow it of with an air compressor (this works)

PUshing moldy buds is super bad karma. If you wouldnt smoke it yourself, why would you give it to someone else? I threw away 16 lbs of moldy buds over the course of 4 months while battling PM.

F

FatMarty

I have Emphasema and have been smoking/vaping washed buds for three weeks with no ill effects.

I am small med grower for myself only; so I don't sell nothing and I didn't give any of it away.

I just wrote about it again in the PM Wash thread yesterday; so maybe look there too.

I did a fair amount of reading and many online ag schools showed test results of spraying hanging fruit and bedded vegetables with sodium bicarbonate to kill PM and wash it off with akaline water.

I was in the same place you are - I had just chopped everything down a day or two earlier and was contemplating what to do with it. So I took all of this reading and decided that a day or two off the vine is almost the same as "on the vine and edible that day".

I used room tempurature water from the tap at the rate of 1 1/2 tablespoon sodium bicarbonate to about one gallon of water. I used a strainer to hold the trimmed buds while I dipped that into the mixture and tumbled and squeezed the mixture into all of the buds real good for a minute or less.

Immediately after washing I dunked the strainer in another bucket with room temp tap water, (which is pH 7.5 to 8 where I live),for the akaline bath to rinse the solution. Again I made sure I was soaking every bud. Also a minute or less to complete the rinse. Then just shake out excess water and spread out on a screen.

The screen should be suspended so air can flow under and over the buds, and an oscillating fan was used on a low setting for about 18 hours to thourghly dry the buds out.

At this point the buds stink, powder up if you try to break them up, and kinda remind you of potpourri. After inspecting inside several buds and finding zero PM or residue I lightly packed them in jars and waited a couple weeks before adding a sliver of lemon about the size of a quarter to each jar for a few days.

I showed it to my friend who knew nothing of it;s origin and he said it smelled and looked pretty damn good to him. I can't smell or taste much anymore so I need others help there.
By using room temp water I am pretty sure most of the trichs came through the wash unharmed. My 3-way weed gets me pretty cooked and I can't find any PM under the scope.

The Sodium Bicarbonate I used was Arm & Hammer baking soda.
The ag studies rated this treatment as high or higher than every commercial treatment out there that was prepared sans oil (neem, etc.); all of those studies focused on Prevention derived from treating an already infected field After the Initial application. So it appears that if you want to continue growing a crop it is wise to mix your sodium bicarbonate with neem oil or similar as this has been shown to prolong the effectiveness of the treatment.

some1

some1

I would paint your walls with new freash white concrete paint and your floor with grey concrete paint to seal it. I am asuming you are in a basement. I have delt with pm before and I think the concrete was holding some unwanted moisture and maybe spores. Now my area is much better. I hope this helps.
( Want to avoid having to use burner if pos. ) Stinks and another cost. Cheers! S1

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
use the baking soda like marty said, and a few drops of dishsoap or neem oil it helps cover the leaves with oil and prevents spores from growing, the baking soda lowers the ph to a point where pm cannot manifest.............keep up the growing watch your humidity, and the cleaner your room the less chance of problems!

homebrew420

homebrew420

I have used a 50% spray of isopropyl alcohol and water for spot spraying late into flower. Kills and dries it out very quickly. Even on the drying rack it is ok to use. Again this is more of a spot treatment, stops the spread and allows to remove it easily.
Please stoneygirl tell me your not spraying mitecides at 5 weeks flower.
Anyway I hope this helps.

Peace

K

kolah

IMO that is NOT a case of MILD PM. Learn to be responsible for what you grow. Karma happens. Do not push this weed onto anyone. Do not smoke it, sell it or give it away. It's a fucking shame how many people sell tainted weed and have no remorse about it. I am also a bit shocked to see a few growers here on the forum recommending that you dump it off on unsuspecting people and possible patients. Beside the serious health concerns, people who sell shit weed increase the likelyhood that more stricter MMJ regulations will be put on growers.

Chaulk it up to "lesson learned."

A closer daily inspection of all your plants may have helped you by recognizing it eariler and treating it with safe products.

You biggest task (now)is to eradicate that shit asap. Sulfur burns, bleach and paint everything.

K

kolah

It's real simple - if youre going to sell it, just trim and push it. If youre considering smoking it, think twice.

I'd be pretty pissed if someone sold me their shitweed especially with them knowing that it was infected. In fact your post totally pisses me off.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

If this were my forum I would ban your ass for that comment. I hope everyone who has pushed weed they knew was infested with PM dies slow from the worst kind of ass cancer known to man.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

I have Emphasema and have been smoking/vaping washed buds for three weeks with no ill effects.
You have emphysema and you're smoking pot? Obviously your judgement is poor and you should not be giving advice to others on lung health.

Common sense people. Do the right thing. BAG IT UP AND THROW IT IN THE TRASH! You get to try again in 8-10 weeks. Better luck next time. If you try to salvage your losses and infect the community with toxic buds then I hope karma takes a big bite out of your ass.

Tank333

Tank333

If this were my forum I would ban your ass for that comment. I hope everyone who has pushed weed they knew was infested with PM dies slow from the worst kind of ass cancer known to man.

QFT

I don't understand how anyone could ever be that shiesty! Any time I've ever found mold or even questionable meds, I seal em away and give em to a friend that makes BHO out of it for his own use (he knows its moldy).

Knowingly giving mold/fungus spores to people in something that is supposed to be safe gives a bad name to all of us. Its people like that who give the conservatives a reason to bad-mouth medical marijuana.

F

FatMarty

You have emphysema and you're smoking pot? Obviously your judgement is poor and you should not be giving advice to others on lung health.

Common sense people. Do the right thing. BAG IT UP AND THROW IT IN THE TRASH! You get to try again in 8-10 weeks. Better luck next time. If you try to salvage your losses and infect the community with toxic buds then I hope karma takes a big bite out of your ass.

Yeah. Thanks Dr. ?

The AMA is begging for a double blind study for asthma and marijuana.
An unprecedented request by the way because the 'ancedotal evidence is overwhelming in support of reduction of inflammation that leads to a marked reduction or elimination of attacks in chronic sufferers'. They can't get the study because the DEA won't get off any Mississippi shit weed that they mandate be used for any study. Catch-22.

My family Doctor of over 20 years asked me what took me so long to apply to him for a MM card when I waited two months after the law went into effect because he had known I was using it for years and obviously approved of it for my condition(s). Up to this point I would relate my experiences, and he would shake his head, and to honest I was shocked at how much knowledge he possessed of marijuana and emphysema and asthma.

Now that I have defended myself for using the medicine my Doctor recommends for me and my problems I have to say this: I wasn't giving advice to others on lung health; I was relaying my experience with cleaning PM off of infected weed along with the logic behind my actions. It is offered as help for someone in a jam who doesn't have all that narcissism like you have to rely upon when the shit hits the fan.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Well then everyone should take what your "doctor" says with a grain of salt too then I guess...especially if you're disclosing to them that it has to have the toxic mold washed off first prior to you smoking it and he/she still supports your use.

I don't have to be a doctor to know that inhaling combusted ANYTHING with a lung disease like emphysema is clearly not a good idea. Having "doctor" in front of one's name does not translate to being all knowing. Again, common sense goes a long way.

F

FatMarty

Well then everyone should take what your "doctor" says with a grain of salt too then I guess...especially if you're disclosing to them that it has to have the toxic mold washed off first prior to you smoking it and he/she still supports your use.

I don't have to be a doctor to know that inhaling combusted ANYTHING with a lung disease like emphysema is clearly not a good idea. Having "doctor" in front of one's name does not translate to being all knowing. Again, common sense goes a long way.

Having "GreenThumb" in front of your name doesn't exactly inspire automatic confidence either...

Common sense says you are a bitter know-it-all who likes to disparage others character when they say something that triggers your internal fear response - anger. You don't get mad until you are afraid: so what are you afraid of? I clearly stated that I was the sole testee of my experiment. I clearly stated that I don't sell anything. It should be clear to you that I don't want anything you have or covet.

Including your beligerant opinions.
Thanks for playing; now leave me alone kid you bug me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom