What the heck am I doing wrong?

• Thread starter Franklin P. Nug
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Franklin P. Nug

Whats up farmers.

I am having an issue. This will be my 2nd indoor grow and I am having a repeting problem. Here are some of my details.

The affected strain is World of Seeds White Widow x Afghan Kush
Grown in FFOF
Nutes are The FF line. GB. BB, TB.
Lighting is 1000w Hortilux super hps.
The pots are 3 gallon smart pots.
Temps are 78 day and 70 - mid 60's night.
RH is around 50%
My tap water is around 250 ppm.

Older growth is turning yellow with spots of brown. Everything thing was fine until I switched to flower. I saw it start to happen again and flushed. That didnt really do anything. I have looked around and I think it may be a Cal-Mg issue. I tried foliar feeding with one tb of epsom salt per gallon and that didnt do anything either. The plants are budding out fine, but somthing is not right.

I humblely come looking for advice. What the heck should I do?

ps I have some pics, but am sketched out abot hosting them on photobucket.

F

Franklin P. Nug

I forgot to mention that the affected leaves all have purple stems.
Thanks dudes.

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Do u check ur ph? Seems like a lake of something...

Zinc Manganese

hiboy

hiboy

I had a similiar problem, and then i started a new nute recipe. Added root excel, b52, tea, big bud, hygrozme, sensi a and b, and have the healthies plants i've ever had, Your lacking some nutes , i agree with coolestman, Are you checking ppm and ph>?

F

Franklin P. Nug

RE: PH
Regularly? No. I guess i figured things would be cool since overall I am in the zone.

I didn't mention that I also have an Attitude freebe G13 Blueberry Gum that is thriving under the exact same conditions.

F

Franklin P. Nug

I had a similiar problem, and then i started a new nute recipe. Added root excel, b52, tea, big bud, hygrozme, sensi a and b, and have the healthies plants i've ever had, Your lacking some nutes , i agree with coolestman, Are you checking ppm and ph>?

Are you adding those to the FF trio? I'd like to hear more about this.

PUN1424EFS

PUN1424EFS

I think i have the same problem check your runoff water ph check mine yesterday and 7.0 water was coming out at 5.1 so i added some dolomitic lime to bring up the ph

dextr0

dextr0

Girls start eating up that potassium during flowering.
...a little more P too?

F

Franklin P. Nug

Do you add the lime directly to the soil? I am going hydro next grow...

dextr0

dextr0

all the stems look purple, which is why i say try a little potassium and a little more phos see if that helps.

PUN1424EFS

PUN1424EFS

Add the lime directly on top mix it in a little and water been running ff for years and always run into this problem on the fourth and fifth week

deacon1503

deacon1503

I see some petioles that are purple, but are the stems/branches and/or main trunk purple as well? Not spotty genetics influenced purpling, I mean completely purple?

T

Toes

Whats up farmers....My tap water is around 250 ppm....I tried foliar feeding with one tb of epsom salt per gallon...
I humblely come looking for advice. What the heck should I do?... I have some pics, but am sketched out abot hosting them on photobucket.

hard water = excess nutes. excess nutes lock out other nutes... you use FF trio. Plus what ever the fuck is in your water.

Rain fall is distilled...naturally. buy some distilled water until you are sick of spending $1 a gallon then buy a filtration system. doesn't need to be RO but...

however, you've made it this far. which leads me to believe... genetics. World of Seeds sells GMO seeds. (look it up) you've had no probs with the shitty water so far, so... just keep doing what your doing! hopefully your girls out grow the issue before harvest!

P.S. upload to the gallery here. click "Gallery" at the top of the page. to re-size try a free app like GIMP.

D

devilpit

I am new to this forum but i have been growing for six yrs and i always see the same problems( about p.h) not only here but in other forums. and i have noticed a trend with ffof and ph. so i did an expieriment and ph balanced my tap water(after 24 hrs of sit time) and ran it thru a fresh batch of ffof and low and behold it had a reading of 5.6 and 6.0. So here it goes, my tap water read 8.1 after sitting, then i balanced it to 6.5 and then took the reading after i ran the water thru the ff, then itook jusost the tap water @ 8.1 and ran that thru the ff and it took my ph @ to 6.7....soil is a buffer and it seems like ff is a strong buffer.i grew for 5 yrs before ever balancing my tap water and when i started balancing my tap water i had nothing but problems for this past yr and figured it out. do the test youself and you will be ahocked at how much it comes down with ffof.

D

devilpit

re..ph

Been using ff for yrs and in my last post i also forgot to mention that its the chlorine thats the most important to get rid of...think of it like this...if ur eyes burn while your taking a shower, imagine what it does to your roots....now getting back to my last post about my little expieriment with the ph and ff, that dont mean not to balance your ph..when it comes to your nutrients that will also throw your ph off so u have to adjust. But what ever you do its worth just to check what ur ph is just with tap water( after 24 hrs of sitting) in the ff or any soil. Once u balance that ph and then run it thru your soil might become acidic and then thats were the problems start.

D

devilpit

I am new to this forum but i have been growing for six yrs and i always see the same problems( about p.h) not only here but in other forums. and i have noticed a trend with ffof and ph. so i did an expieriment and ph balanced my tap water(after 24 hrs of sit time) and ran it thru a fresh batch of ffof and low and behold it had a reading of 5.6 and 6.0. So here it goes, my tap water read 8.1 after sitting, then i balanced it to 6.5 and then took the reading after i ran the water thru the ff, then itook jusost the tap water @ 8.1 and ran that thru the ff and it took my ph @ to 6.7....soil is a buffer and it seems like ff is a strong buffer.i grew for 5 yrs before ever balancing my tap water and when i started balancing my tap water i had nothing but problems for this past yr and figured it out. do the test youself and you will be ahocked at how much it comes down with ffof.

Top Bottom