what the heck did I just make?

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
what the heck did I just make? and watch what i do with it :)

I couldn't wait any longer for my Bubble bags to come in the mail so I bought the dry ice and Mcgeyvered me some Keif? Maybe?

I used about 2 ounces of good quality Trim
I used dry ice and a metal coffee filter...But I don't know the size of the holes..

Its not quite hash...and the second time I shook it it was coming out greener sooo.. I kept them separated.

I have a 220 Micron bag coming tomorrow so Should I run it though that?

any ideas?

What the heck did i just make
What the heck did i just make 2
Keiffilter
What the heck did i just make 4
What the heck did i just make 5
What the heck did i just make 6
G

gooey

you have some plant matter in with your resin...i would run it thru bubble bags...not just the 220 tho, all that green will go thru the 220, use all the bags and get the plant matter out...gl enjoy

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Thanks Gooey

I may just make Butter with this and try again when my Bubblbeags come.
Today I hope.

Can't wait to try bubble! :)

dextr0

dextr0

I would grab that and use everclear 190 proof (or butane, ask and ill fill u in better on the butane run), run it through and you should have clean hash oil. All that green is plant matter.

Steps:

1 get a glass container (lucky you you already have one)
2 put all material u want to clean into glass container
3 add solvent
4 swish around for 15 or 30 seconds
5 wrap a coffee filter around the top so plant matter will not fall out
6 pour solvent off into another glass container (something you can get into and scrape the oil off...not a small glass)
7 let solvent evaporate
8 smoke that shit

Throw away the washed plant matter...or you can compost it.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
thanks Dextr

I have some 99% Isopropyl Alcohol and some 91% also.
Would one of those do?

How much Alcohol do I use?
How long does it take for the Alcohol to evaporate?

the 91% that i keep my trim scissors in... doesn't seem to evaporate very quickly :/
Its getting full of oil though...

dextr0

dextr0

Try the 99%. I have been left with a nasty taste in my mouth using the 91%. Others didnt have the same problem though...so u could try either.

As for how much alcohol...thats tricky. I try not to use alot, as it does take a little while to evaporate as you say. But you need the alcohol to cover all plant matter you add in. Remember though the bud will soak some of it up so you may be putting in more than you think.

I do one small run that way it wont take so long, and I can go ahead and smoke while im waiting for the rest to dry.

So again u need enough alcohol to cover all plant matter you are washing. OR hash that you are washing. So if I have say 1/4 plant matter in the cup, Ill add alcohol until its jus barely meeting the rim of the plant matter. Swish that around a couple times then drain. The longer you let the solvent set, the more it pulls from the plant. Thats not necessarily a good thing either because youll now be pulling waxes and chlorophyll. 15,30 seconds is enough. Good luck.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
IM Really grateful for the help.

So...In the cup of 91% iso alch. that my scissors have been soaking in for several weeks of trimiing, The Oil I want is in the alcohol right ?

the plant matter at the bottom is trash?.....

so, if I pour it though a paper a coffee filter, fold and squeeze the alcohol out I can toss it?
Wait for it to evaporate and I might get some oil that way too?

or is this even worth the trouble?

And

The thing is,... this stuff in the OP has already been though a coffee filter
(maybe I shook it too hard?) Are paper filters finer than the metal ones?

How big of hole can a Thrichcome get though?

Thanks again

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
if you put a small fan blowing over the top of the alcohol it will evaporate faster

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Thanks Motherlode :)

Stayed tuned for results of my experimenting

phenotyper

phenotyper

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to dextr0 again.

Using ISO is my preferred method over bubble bags lately. dex, where can I get 99% iso? I can only find 91% at the local store.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
I personally have drifted away from bubble and focused more on bho. I feel that you get a much better finished product with oil then with bubble. Also I don't really like the iso approach as it makes a different type of oil then bho. Bubble is great for loading up bud for a rip or a blunt/joint, but on it's I haven't found a "great" use for it. Plus it's less labor to make oil compared to bubble. Just my 2 cents. Best of luck with your bubble bags Ken!

Cheers,
Crom

dextr0

dextr0

IM Really grateful for the help.

So...In the cup of 91% iso alch. that my scissors have been soaking in for several weeks of trimiing, The Oil I want is in the alcohol right ?

Yes, you just need to dry the alcohol.

the plant matter at the bottom is trash?.....

Yes

so, if I pour it though a paper a coffee filter, fold and squeeze the alcohol
out I can toss it?
Wait for it to evaporate and I might get some oil that way too?

Yes but u should have just made scissor hash; imo...I also save filters because when im feinding I put a bunch together and extract that. Aint a big yield, but umm you only need a little oil to blast off.

or is this even worth the trouble?

And

The thing is,... this stuff in the OP has already been though a coffee filter
(maybe I shook it too hard?) Are paper filters finer than the metal ones?

The paper ones are very much better then that one you have there.

How big of hole can a Thrichcome get though?

Check out bubble bag sizes. Youll find how crazy your size holes are.

Thanks again

Using ISO is my preferred method over bubble bags lately. dex, where can I get 99% iso? I can only find 91% at the local store.

Bro Idk. Ask Ken where he got his. I actually moved off of iso after about 2 extractions. Didnt like the end product. BHO is way easier as crom said but mane I still sometimes taste the butane. My prefered is Everclear. If I can drink it, I feel its perfect for an extraction. Only thing is it takes forever to dry. I do use a blow dryer to help along. Im not advocating (I actually think it sounds like an accident waiting to happen; but I love oil, and I cant wait days) just telling how I have done it more than once.)

I personally have drifted away from bubble and focused more on bho. I feel that you get a much better finished product with oil then with bubble. Also I don't really like the iso approach as it makes a different type of oil then bho. Bubble is great for loading up bud for a rip or a blunt/joint, but on it's I haven't found a "great" use for it. Plus it's less labor to make oil compared to bubble. Just my 2 cents. Best of luck with your bubble bags Ken!

Cheers,
Crom

Sup Crom, for sure BHO is the easiest, I also get beautifull oil almost everytime as long as I put good starting product. Hit it on the head bro.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I get a gallon of 99% iso for about $20 at a vet supply/feed store out east. I'd call around your local feed stores and see if they stock it.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Yeah man straight nugs in my tube! I seem to get anywhere from 3-5g per 28g tube runs. I'm looking for a good way to turn my bubble into oil lol I just don't like the bubble hash as much. Not as potent IMO either. Flavor is 1000x better IMO as well! Here is some bubble, and some oil. Both made from the same strain, SSSDH.

IMG 4189
IMG 4327
IMG 4244
IMG 4254
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter

Here what I got so far

two zips of sticky larf turned in to who knows what. (Soulda weighed it)

Some Plant matter got thought the coffee filter

bubble bags should be here today!!

Now hopefully I have turned it to oil...

we'll know when she evaporates...

Keif6
Keif2oil
Keif2oil2
S

Sea Of Green

I've heard that you can get 99% ISO at most pharmacies. They keep it behind the counter with the hypodermic needles and such, you just have to ask for it. You can also make your own from 70% or 91%. You just need to dry it. Here's a link with tips on how to do that.

Making neat alcohol, and anhydrous isopropyl

I use 70% ISO myself. 91% or 99% is a waste of money, even if you make your own, IMO. I'll use it, but I don't get any significantly better results with it. I've been making the stuff with the 70% for more than 10 years now. Probably takes longer to air dry, but not by much I'd imagine.

I wouldn't know because I use low heat to speed evaporation anyway, so it doesn't really take any longer at all. I'd say it's almost exactly the same rate. And the use of low heat doesn't seem to affect the quality of the hash significantly either IMO. Being thoroughly dried, yet not cooked, is what's really important in those regards. See my sig...it applies to almost anything.

I learned how to make QWISO from an author who claimed that 50% ISO would work too. That I've never had the nerve to try though. Plus it's kinda hard to find too. Dollar stores sometimes have it. And it's definitely the cheapest.

Just made some decent stuff this morning out of about 10g of dried trimmings. Got about a gram of the "black tar" as I call it. Not only does it look like, and feel similar to tar heroin in consistency, people that I smoke it with claim it tastes like it too. And I have to agree it indeed does, having smoked my fair share of it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom