What The Heck Happened To This Plant?

• Thread starter Highatollah
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Highatollah

In the past week a couple plants seemed to have gone dead. They are all the same clone but this plant and less so another one or two seemed to have become sick and I can't seem to figure out why when all the other plants are fine. You can see the plant directly before it is perfectly fine.

I removed the tomato cage and the sick plant just rocked over, not held tight. Did this individual plant experience root rot?

Any thoughts?

What the heck happened to this plant
What the heck happened to this plant 2
What the heck happened to this plant 3
MidwestToker

MidwestToker

What do the roots look like? Where inline is it happening? I see the 3 in the front row right, but are they the same down the line in that row? Any in the back row effected?

palm eezy

palm eezy

speculating entirely but, could have root problems, maybe stem rot. what size do you transplant into the UC at?

H

Highatollah

What do the roots look like? Where inline is it happening? I see the 3 in the front row right, but are they the same down the line in that row? Any in the back row effected?

That's the thing, roots are white and look healthy. Happening in plants 3 (shown in picture), 4, 5 down the line in a row of 8. Plants before and after are perfectly fine.

speculating entirely but, could have root problems, maybe stem rot. what size do you transplant into the UC at?

They were about 10" I believe when I transferred them. Would high water level cause stem rot?

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

That's the thing, roots are white and look healthy. Happening in plants 3 (shown in picture), 4, 5 down the line in a row of 8. Plants before and after are perfectly fine.

They were about 10" I believe when I transferred them. Would high water level cause stem rot?
Have you checked the flow to those pots? How about you're DO levels? L

H

Highatollah

How would I go about checking DO levels? I'd assume they'd be in a good range using the Under Current, it should be designed to be in range right?

snoopytime

snoopytime

stem rot is gnarly . . check the base where it goes into the rockwool etc

H

Highatollah

Ok after doing some deduction I've come to the conclusion it is stem rot. The reason the plants in the middle are sick and not the outside is because all the clones weren't the same size and I had put the larger ones towards the outside of the system so the ones in the middle could get more light to catch up.

Water levels are lowered after just noticing the water level blog post from a month ago.

Now how can I heal the stem rot?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Did you just spray where your stalk goes into your grow stones?
Yes, i actually moved an ich of grow stones out the way to make sure i got the whole spot. I also lollipooped underneath so i could get better air flow and light, and after the 5 days i put covers on my buckets, that are black on bottom and white on top.. Never had a problem after that.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

H

Highatollah

I've never heard of anyone referring to trimming the nodes not getting light to lollipopping. I just always thought it was a normal practice. Thanks.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

See that lil white box at the yop of the page? Thats the search bar... Type in lollipopping..
Get used to searching, and reading because you will need fundamentals to discuss growing. Remember these guys want to work with you, not for you....

But i give you your first thread to read on me..
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/lollipopping-when-and-how-much.46858/
And in no way do i mean that sarcastic. Im just giving you heads up. I and we will help you as much as we can. but like anything you got to get some fundamentals. Piece of advice! When reading about nutes, lights, ph, ec, al;ways note weater its about soil, coco, or hydro... You will be so confused if you dont! Now go get you some studying and learning and i will be waiting here for any questions...
Good luck and welcome to the farm where we make growers out of just about anybody, anywhere, under any circumstances..

Fuck we we help you figure out how to grow in Alcatraz if thats what you need :)

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I've never heard of anyone referring to trimming the nodes not getting light to lollipopping. I just always thought it was a normal practice. Thanks.
trimming fasn leaves to get more light to the nodes id=s not lollip[opping.
Lollipopping is removing the very bottom growth so that it has better air flow AND so that the plant can focus its energy on the tops, where the buds grow. IT is used to increase the size of you colas...

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I know you prob havent read any of my threads, but i would never give you bad advice. Some ppl will come along and vouch for me and will reiterate what i have just stated.
Back to the original question, i would just spray with diluted h202, and watch closely...

Top Bottom