What The @&$"** Problems

• Thread starter petraus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
petraus

petraus

so, something is DEF going on that I don't know about.

Please, if you have time to look and help a farmer out, I'd be happy :)

What the  problems
What the  problems 2
What the  problems 3
petraus

petraus

Details:

Bought from random dood.
Came in Fox Farm (not ocean forest the other popular one)
Added a little mushroom and wood compost to fill in the tops.
Fed with 3ml gallon of CalMag
Don't overwater, nor under.
Were indoors using city water, now outdoors with WELL WATER(I have never used well before)
PH 6.4-6.8
Happening on only two plants
Consider myself a pretty legit INDOOR grower (when I lived arcttic style, now it's Cali sunshine style)

Am not used to the bugs and shit down south, compared to the great white north.

Black Lime Reserve,

Note** have also tried one 0.6ml per gallon of "Rhino Pee"...beneficial microbes or something given out for free by local grow store

Last edited:
below frigid

below frigid

Been growing outdoors for a while. I have some similar things going on as well. Some look just loike yours some with other issues. I also get my water from a well. I have 150+ starts between 12-24 inches tall in 2 gallon pots with Roots 707 soil. In years past I would put my seedlings in straight 707 in 5 inch pots then transplant into 2 gallons with 707 with 25% worm castings and a couple of tbls Rainbow Mix grow. Tried to save myself some work and put my seedlings straight into 2 gallon pots with straight 707. First 4-5 weeks they rocked with just H2o. Then the 707 ran out of juice. Started getting issues like yours and others. Looked like I was over watering as well. Fed them some Earth Juice and it helped a little but it was short lived. Still looking like I was over watering as well. Let them dry out and started looking worse. I never had problems like this before. My well water PH is 7.2 and very hard with a little iron which never caused me any problems in the last 10 years. I figured out that all my problems stemmed from not amending the 707 with worm castings and rainbow mix. I was getting really worried so today I had a bunch of Peaceful Valley Farms Brix Mix for foliar feeding from years past that I bought when I found out they were not going to make it anymore. So I made up a batch and watered them with it then did a foliar as well and in a few hours there was a big difference. I think my plants were starving more than being over watered. The Earth Juice I fed them early on I had laying around for a few years maybe did something to the PH. Yours almost look like you sprayed something on them and got sunburned.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Looks like fertilizer burn maybe the dude you got it from through some in in hopes of making it great and now it's starting to take effect. Try a flush

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Sometimes a stray cat will come along and use your pot as a litter box. That will look like fertilizer burn to.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Sometimes a stray cat will come along and use your pot as a litter box. That will look like fertilizer burn to.
Doubt if it's your water you said you haven't had this problem before. I know that well water sometimes can have a high concentration of salt and that is a serious problem. But I think it's just something in your pot. Give her a new lease on life and do a repot.

petraus

petraus

Do the repot even though the roots have spread? Just gently shake off old dirt?

The well water, it trips me out cause when I filled my pool with well water, it was fucking milky white. Not cloudy, but legit milky...??

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

The well water, it trips me out cause when I filled my pool with well water, it was fucking milky white. Not cloudy, but legit milky...??
I would definitely consider having a water test done with it one of those mail in deals Maybe. But I wouldn't be too quick to judge a lot of times well water is excellent and has lots of minerals

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I'm not sure what you meant about shaking off all dirt but all you need to do is set that and loose soil and Let It Go.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Yeah the repot easy.I don't know what kind of grow you're doing as far as what kind of soil you want to use or nutrients hydroponics or whatever there are so many options I have my own method. But I can tell you that if you pull it out and it has giant roots all wrapped around at you need to loosen it up just massage it with your fingers essentially. If it's not that rootbound just simply set it right in another pot and it will go.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Yeah the repot easy.I don't know what kind of grow you're doing as far as what kind of soil you want to use or nutrients hydroponics or whatever there are so many options I have my own method. But I can tell you that if you pull it out and it has giant roots all wrapped around at you need to loosen it up just massage it with your fingers essentially. If it's not that rootbound just simply set it right in another pot and it will go.
Don't pack the soil when you plant it never pack the soil always fluffy

below frigid

below frigid

Yeah I packed mine a little too much and they tend to stay wet at the bottom too long. Not good! They only need to make it one more week and they go into the big pots.

petraus

petraus

The intention is all full sun, in hopes of behemoth outdoor organic. Have always wanted to try it, but northern Canadian land does not offer the opportunity. Cali does!!

Question on the repot was this:

They have been in this half gallon black bags for about two weeks. The roots have definitely not yet surrounded the soil ball.

I just figured it would be mega stress for the plant to have just set his roots out, and now be yanked out and repotted. But a little stress to gain surety of living conditions, might be worth it.

And again, I'm 100% new to outdoors and organics. So some good leads on a nutrient regiment for outdoor organically would be greatly appreciated!!

Underthesun

Underthesun

Don't pull the roots out of the soil. Leave the soil alone you are using now and just up pot into a larger container or put it in the ground. Be gentle, no yanking at all required, def don't do that. Sounds like you are in grow bags? Get your new pot or dig a hole, put the new soil in the bottom of the hole or pot, then put your bag in there. Gentlely slice a bunch of slits in your bag and then fill the new soil gentlely around your bag. That would seem like the least stressful to me.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter

Did you put new clones in the sun all day without hardening?

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

tricky to say might be when you foilar fed the leaves got burnt from the hot sun? any water on the leaves is like a magnifying glass

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
No sir. I slowly got them used to it. But, I did bring them to "wilt" status about two times a day
Looks like light bleaching... so now those are damaged and wont come back completely. .. look to the new growth for any problems

Top Bottom