What The @&$"** Problems

• Thread starter petraus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
petraus

petraus

I'm thinking it means to make sure and ph your water. Its more important in container plants than in the ground (according to the article above). By adding the acid you are neutralizing that high alkalinity. I always ph indoors, but never outdoors.

I was getting a diff vibe completely!
I always ph! Always check every bucket before they go to feed the babies.

What I got was that just ph'n wasn't enough. That even though with correct ph the alkalinity of the water (alkalinity is the waters ability to buffer) is unchanged and will drive rhizosphere ph up regardless...

?!? I confused

petraus

petraus

So, instead of adding Lime (to combat tendency towards acidity) my irrigation water already has the "lime effect". So, knowing that every single watering will have a tendency to bring substrate to Base, I need to control this tendency somehow...humic acid, no?

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Fuck yeah. Props to the bouncing peyote for hooking us both up with some good info
LOLOL that was a good one. Props to the bouncin peyote. :D How did you know I bounce when I do peyote.? Peace........ Glad the info was helpful to you.:cool:

Farmer P

Farmer P

I was getting a diff vibe completely!
I always ph! Always check every bucket before they go to feed the babies.

What I got was that just ph'n wasn't enough. That even though with correct ph the alkalinity of the water (alkalinity is the waters ability to buffer) is unchanged and will drive rhizosphere ph up regardless...

?!? I confused

From the article.
"The amount of acid required to reach the desired pH (i.e., neutralize alkalinity) is determined by laboratory titration of a water sample with the appropriate acid or by a calculation procedure. Some "fine-tuning" may be needed later when actual inject ion is started. Acid is always injected prior to the addition of fertilizer or other chemicals."
When I ph my water I always add acid because my ph is always high. According to the article by adding this acid I am "neutralizing the alkalinity". It goes on to say that you should do it before adding fertilizer which I don't do. Maybe I should start doing it before and after? I kind of still feel like I am missing something here. Do you think that it only neutralizes it temporarily and over time the ph comes back up because of the high total alkalinity? I was thinking the acid breaks down those molecules and neutralizes it instantly and permanently.

below frigid

below frigid

I added 1 oz of humic acid concentrate that I made with 3 tbls of 90 percent soluble humic acid per quart of water to a gallon of water 2 tbls Pcs brix mix dry 1 tbls pcs brix mix dry. My ph went from 7.2 to 5.9 my alkalinity was 333 don't know what it did to that as I don’t have a testing device for that. All I know is it sure made my struggling plants happy.

petraus

petraus

Oh shit, found an unwelcome friend just now.... look at where the leaf and my finger meet pretty much. Long oval and brown type bug..

IMG 1542
IMG 1545
Top Bottom