What To Expect

• Thread starter GRASSY LAKE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GRASSY LAKE

GRASSY LAKE

Had my outdoor ladies go into pre flower and now I'm tripping...what should I expect from these plants now? Some say pull and start over with big clones,and some say let her ride? Anyone ever experience this and if so what were the flowers like when done?

BudBogart

BudBogart

Had my outdoor ladies go into pre flower and now I'm tripping...what should I expect from these plants now? Some say pull and start over with big clones,and some say let her ride? Anyone ever experience this and if so what were the flowers like when done?
Hang on there! Pre flower is good. It's normal and shows the plant is a female. It's only if you start growing little buds that you have to worry.
Pre flowers appear but you plant continues to veg as usual for several more weeks. Here is a picture of my plant that flowered too early.

GRASSY LAKE

GRASSY LAKE

Thanks for that response that's the one I was wanting too hear.so far along with this and didn't want to waste my time and space for weaklings.

The Terps

The Terps

It best to restart normally. when plants realized it flowered to early it will try and reveg and that is not a road you want to go down if I see my plants flowering I'd definitely without hesitation exchange them. Check out sea maidens post why are my plants growing 3 leaves. Or the adventure continues 2016.
Plants that flower to early never produce quantity or quality in my experience.

GRASSY LAKE

GRASSY LAKE

Just pistils for about 7-10 days...now it's back vegging and growing new leaves...but there 3 fingered...but I also just transplanted to bigger pots...confused plants huh?

The Terps

The Terps

Ya don't expect them to get much bigger the rest of the year. By the time it reverts to veg it will be time to flower again. A small clone still has time to produce a lb or 3 though

GRASSY LAKE

GRASSY LAKE

Wow I'm learning good info for next year for sure...I started another clone later then my ones that are tripping and it's doing fine

BudBogart

BudBogart

Pics are hard too tell from...plus it's real bright out
Actually, that is my picture to show the op what early flowering would look like. Didn't mean to confuse the issue.
The original post
Just pistils for about 7-10 days...now it's back vegging and growing new leaves...but there 3 fingered...but I also just transplanted to bigger pots...confused plants huh?
The original post didn't mention throwing three fingers. To me he only described pre flower, not shooting buds.
If you had little bud starts and started throwing threes, like the pic that I showed you, then by all means follow the advice of Mendo and SeaMaiden and start over. I followed their advice on my plant, got rid of her.

GRASSY LAKE

GRASSY LAKE

What's the worst that could happen if I leave them going until they do what there going too do?Kinda like an experiment of sorts?will the flower be non smokeable?will the even flower again?

Last edited:
The Terps

The Terps

Yes what's happening is a stress induced flower but with days as long as they are now it will "reveg" and convert into a mutated flower/ leafy new growth Franken-plant. Eventually it will drop all the flowers and look like it did before it began to flower but at best 1 ft larger. Then it will begin to flower once again due to the amount of day light and harvest regular time. Yes it will be smoke able. But it's not really an experiment just look through other rookie grow diaries and I'm sure you'll see it documented. But If you talk to anyone in the know they will tell you to start over. Good luck

GRASSY LAKE

GRASSY LAKE

Yeah I'm getting it now..the experiment thought was just for my experience too see the results or not.im sure the longer I stay around and read I will get it right next year.thanks everyone

Golden Zia

Golden Zia

I might get some grief for this image but I thought it might be fun for some to see that even though early flower set is almost always a waste, sometimes the chaos factor will surprise even the long time farmers.
This image is a blue dream cut from back in 2014 that I sent out a little early. She was cruising along with no noticeable change and about 7 to 10 days after I set her out I began to notice re-veg growth. I left it alone and let it ride. It finished in early October. The image is of the main cola only. The plant had four side branches as well. This cola weighed in at just over .25 lb after being dried and cured. Mostly very nice, dense, frosty and yummy.
That is a 5 gal. Bucket for scale.
It reminds me of the quote: " experience is what you get when you were busy expecting something else.
Basically this plant re- vegged, put on Atypical branching and then filled up the Atypical with flowers. The top one half of this cola was the biggest single bug I've ever seen. It was as if that lady was from Jurassic park.

IMG 20141010 104830561 HDR
Underthesun

Underthesun

Just so no one gets confused. Let's make sure everyone knows there is a difference between preflowering and flowering. Preflowers will show up, tell you sex, but it does not mean your plant is done vegging. Preflowers show up this time of summer for me every year since my plants are mature enough to flower. Now if it is throwing 3 fingers after it was already throwing 5,7,9 fingers you 'may' have a problem. Maybe not. Lets see some pics. But preflowers are nothing to worry about. I wish my plants would start showing preflowers, I've been waiting.

Underthesun

Underthesun

This is from last year. Pic taken on July 7, already knew sex from preflowers three weeks earlier when she was only two feet tall....did not start to flower until late July.

Underthesun

Underthesun

Also, about the three fingers. This plant threw three fingers off and on throughout its life and I'm smoking on it right now high as fuck. So....lots of things can happen.

GRASSY LAKE

GRASSY LAKE

Can't tell from pics but the whole throwing the 3 fingered leaves has just started.this far along I'm not really wanting to start over from some fresh clones but...my buddy is going to hook me up with some bubba kush or GSC so Saturday I'm going to take the plunge and add some more to the already small space.

But my 3 fingered freak is staying to see what it does for me?

Top Bottom