What "type" Of Seeds Will I End Up With?...

• Thread starter tec dan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tec dan

tec dan

Hello all,
On the subject of "feminized" and "non-feminized" seeds, I recently successful bred 6 different female strains (OGSour, BubbasGift, 3XCrazy, GreenLovePotion, GorillaGlue#4 and JockHorror. I pollinated them all with a nice Jock Horror male. All were seedlings from non-feminized seeds, except for the 3XCrazy, they are from feminized seed stock. My question is wither or not the seeds produced by the 3XCrazy plants will be considered feminized? or non-feminized seeds?
And also, any tips on drying and collecting the seeds from these girls? Thanks in advance :-)

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Fem seeds come from female pollen, if you pollenated with a male the seeds will be regular seeds no matter if the female was from a fem seed or not.
Thanks man I saw this and like a douche I just kept moving lol

tec dan

tec dan

Ha, well, I did look over the FAQ before asking, and found no answer to my specific question...sometimes its easier and quicker to get a question answered by simply asking the question, I mean, this is a discussion forum correct?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
IME/IMO feminized is a scam. "Female" pollen is really produced when a female is 'selfed', which is to say that she is given chemicals to force expression of male sexual parts. That's also a hermaphrodite.

I know a breeder whose seeds (brother Loran) seem to ALWAYS give me around 8/10 germinated females. In fact, I've sprouted a few beans of his where I got NO males. He never ever selfs the girls, he always uses real/straight male pollen (from a plant that doesn't show hermaphroditic tendencies). I believe that he does this by how he handles both parents prior to and during pollination, but he hasn't shared that secret with me just yet. So honestly, if you want to make sure you're getting more female plants, go through Motarebel's stuff and then search it along with the Loran tag, those'll usually be his genetics and they're pretty fucking good IME/O.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
IME/IMO feminized is a scam. "Female" pollen is really produced when a female is 'selfed', which is to say that she is given chemicals to force expression of male sexual parts. That's also a hermaphrodite.

I know a breeder whose seeds (brother Loran) seem to ALWAYS give me around 8/10 germinated females. In fact, I've sprouted a few beans of his where I got NO males. He never ever selfs the girls, he always uses real/straight male pollen (from a plant that doesn't show hermaphroditic tendencies). I believe that he does this by how he handles both parents prior to and during pollination, but he hasn't shared that secret with me just yet. So honestly, if you want to make sure you're getting more female plants, go through Motarebel's stuff and then search it along with the Loran tag, those'll usually be his genetics and they're pretty fucking good IME/O.

Hmmm, Does that make Nspecta(CSI) and Logic a scam artists? Just so you know, there is other ways to reverse females without using chemicals. I have never had issues with female seeds. They are perfect for my small garden. Its nice to sprout one or two seeds each round knowing you are not wasting your space, time and money growing males.

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
IME/IMO feminized is a scam.

That is why they are called "feminized" and not "female" seeds.

In the 1969 edition of Mel Frank's Green Guide he wrote it should be possible to create female seed by using gibberalic acid. A breeder in NL, SpeesCees, read Mel wasn't able to create 100% female and made a mission of it. After 14 years he claimed to have succeeded. Which I doubt (understatement), but if anything he deserves some credit for hammering on the difference. When a few breeders in Amsterdam (also) figured out how to create feminized seeds, one of them, I think Nirvana*, started selling them as "female" seeds, others objected, and wanted the term feminized to be used instead, Because saying they are female seeds, would be a scam.

*not sure of I remember correctly... anyone remember the interview with mr X?

The process involves a masculinized female... so arguable the name is still a misnomer. On the other hand, it describes exactly what you get, a more feminine population with overall more feminine plants than with regular seeds. If seedbanks and breeders would have educated their customers better about their products (something that should be normal) it would be far less misleading. But them, educated customers is not always in the advantage of those selling fem seeds, especially those who basically do just that and nothing more.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil

Every time I sprout a fem seed it herms in mid to late flower. Even if you shave the legs all the way up she will kick out nanners at the bottom of the existing buds in late flower.

Hermed females pass on the herm traits to the seeds but they are good in a pinch when you don't really have the space or means to have different rooms for sexing and veg/flower.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That was why my son spent the money he did. I've seen others do the same thing, but not purchased directly from A-dam, purchased either at dispensaries or via seedbanks.
The process involves a masculinized female... so arguable the name is still a misnomer. On the other hand, it describes exactly what you get, a more feminine population with overall more feminine plants than with regular seeds.
I wish that were true in all cases. My son spent a good bit of coin directly in the 'dam and ended up with males and hermies, from some of the very breeders you mention. A grand total of one female, and he's been growing longer than I.
Just so you know, there is other ways to reverse females without using chemicals. I have never had issues with female seeds. They are perfect for my small garden. Its nice to sprout one or two seeds each round knowing you are not wasting your space, time and money growing males.
I'm curious to know what the other methods are (outside of stressing them to force hermaphroditism).

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
If you harvest the whole top of the plant and leave the bottom few larf buds growing and flowering they will herm as a survival tactic and seed the remaining flowers.

B

Beanmachine

Those GLP X HORROR will probally be some fire. Every cross made with this GLP of 4 years . Was skittle like and sticky as flytraps , very dense , fast flowering evry cross had atleast two of those traits

Top Bottom