What Would You Do? Gsc Herm All Of A Sudden

• Thread starter Lurkin4yrs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

So I have ran this cut 3 times( 1 plant, 6 plants, 12 plants), this would be my forth(40)and honestly they are looking the best so far....... So I look today and I have some pollen sacs, they are 3 weeks in and there developing pretty nicely or so I thought. Now I have a full room with hermies =((((((((( so sad. I'd hate to cull them but can't imagine being able to pull all the sacs off, but if I did do you think they would develop more? If I were to agressively lollipop them(already cleared the bottoms) do you think they would just freak out more? They never hermied on me before and I have a feeling it was the snow storm I started adding =(

I guess this is more of a rant haha

Opinions?
Thanks guys
-lurkin

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

If its the same cut you ran before with no herms something changed for sure,if the whole room is herming id cut my losses,you can pick a few nanners here or there but not a whole room full.

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Cull... It's already garbage if you've been using snow storm. Why use such a stupid product on an already crazy frosty plant?

Did you use gravity too?? to make cookies denser? Hahahah.

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Thanks bud I've cut my losses before haha, mabe I'll go threw and see if any hasn't hermied =X. @fishwhistle

I knew I shouldn't of used it, but I've always had success with it before(well no herm's lol) I wanted these to look like Jimmy's plant in the pic down there lol @WalterWhiteFire

Thanks again guys
-lurkin

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

So I was going thru my notes and think I figured out why they hermed, 2 weeks before I flipped them I agressively cut them back as they were over vegged. I was thinking 2 weeks of veg and they should be good to go but I guess not, so this is how it went..

2 weeks before flip I cut them back(aggressively)
3 days before flip I transplanted
2 weeks into flower I trimmed the bottoms

I think it was just too much for this strain to take, the reason I came up with this is I have 2 plants that didn't nut up on me. These 2 were the ones I just threw in there with out the agressive topping.

Any comments besides "ur fucking stupid for doing that"

Live n learn
Thanks guys.

-lurkin

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

That doesn't really sound like enough to get a stable to plant to herm. 3days is cutting it a tad close on the xplant, but not unreasonable. Which GSC cut do you have?

CannasaurusR

CannasaurusR

Chuck your genetics, unless you want to be a slave to sensitive hermi-prone weak plants. Hard hermies (balls under internodes) are genetic bombs just waiting to fuck you up. Get something more solid, theres a lot of urine in the gsc gene pool IMO. I read a grow with purple og18 (DNA??) in one of the magazines, and the grower tried to treat the hermie prone plants very carefully. After a couple clone runs, it was stated that just turning those plants halfway thru bloom (i guess he doesn't turn regularly) 180 degrees was enough to make them hermie!!!!!! Total junk IMO. Bananas late are easy, hard hermies when you fart in a room is just junk genetics BURN "EM BOBBY! Know-whut-I-mean? (Thanks Vern)

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I agree with @CannasaurusR. Cut your losses and don't look back.
I've lost too much time trying to work with finicky strains, I wish I had tossed at first sigh of issues. Best of luck. Peace

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

I believe it's fourm cut, I've had it about a year. Patients really like it, I'm thinking I won't be able do a full room just incase of this problem. Mabe just keep it for special situations, it's def some good smoke. Can you guys reccomend a similar stable strain, this cut is def potent.

Thanks guys I'll prob look for more stable genetics.

-lurkin

CannasaurusR

CannasaurusR

Hey Lurkin...I didn't know you were a med supplier. You have different issues than a personal grower, so it kinda puts you between a rock and a hard place. I sympathize with your problem, but if you supply medecine, I would suggest getting cuts from a reliable established medical grower. Your patients need something more consitent than cali connection or a guys promise of real good dank. Unless you do it for the money, then you will not be able to make the right decision, ever. No hate mate, just be where you are before you try to get where you're going. Cheers.

CannasaurusR

CannasaurusR

There are many, many high cbd med strains, and some breeders will really help with strain advice without mentioning Charlatans Web (lol), or some 'proprietary' special strain. Talk to the masters, they are everywhere....here too! Anyone growing a dependable medical strain will give it to you if your serious about supplying medecine. (I'm NOT btw) Good luck.

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

I only supply a few people(legit recs) other than my self, the only reason I have this strain is because some one asked for it. It's nice when it comes out right lol

I have some bog gear just wish I had a little more time on my hands

Thanks for the time guys

-lurkin

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Chuck your genetics, unless you want to be a slave to sensitive hermi-prone weak plants. Hard hermies (balls under internodes) are genetic bombs just waiting to fuck you up. Get something more solid, theres a lot of urine in the gsc gene pool IMO. I read a grow with purple og18 (DNA??) in one of the magazines, and the grower tried to treat the hermie prone plants very carefully. After a couple clone runs, it was stated that just turning those plants halfway thru bloom (i guess he doesn't turn regularly) 180 degrees was enough to make them hermie!!!!!! Total junk IMO. Bananas late are easy, hard hermies when you fart in a room is just junk genetics BURN "EM BOBBY! Know-whut-I-mean? (Thanks Vern)

I like ur style brother, Stright up!

Honestly awhile back(5yrs or so) I've never had much hermie problems, seems like a lot of this newer stuff is just plain untested. I had some mr.nice stuff and man that was a nightmare, my room is def tighter than it has ever been before(no light leaks etc) and it seems with any of the new "hype stuff" I have problems. I still have some beans to pop but right now I don't want to have to go thru everything, but I think I will just to get some stablished genetics haha.

-lurkin

Top Bottom