• Under $100

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Over $200

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
P

paulycali

Got another room going and my electricity just went up another $200. The room is only running a 1000 watt light with digital ballast a max fan 8" and a oscillating fan. Do you think someones using to much heat in the house "like roomates"? Is this right? $200 a month electricity for a 1000 watt setup?

What are you farmers payin in electric for a 1000 watt setup? TY

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Electricity

Cali and new york/east coast have the most expensive electricity in the nation. In the midwest its about 1/2 of your KWH cost. Still 200$ is way too much for a 1000 and a fan. Are the plants watching TV while listening to the radio? LOL Take care

mal

S

SSHZ

Shouldn't be more than around $75 max for the light and a fan........ Sounds like your roomies are running the house heat to 74 degrees......

Reactions: mal
CelticEBE

CelticEBE

In LA we deal with LADWP and things are tiered. It's INSANE how much I pay for electric. I need to get out of the residential and get into a commercial spot. My last run was 4k with fans, AC running and a chiller....my bill was around 2500 for the whole run.

S

SSHZ

I run two 1000 watters, two 600 watters and fans/exhausts. 2900 sq. ft house. Only my wife and I now. Electric bills run about $325 this year with gas heat. Summers is $650+. Mid-Atlantic area......

P

paulycali

Thanks for the input everyone :)

Its amazing how much electricity is. Just amazes me

This bill was for the veg period so i am thinking it will be easily cut in half next month since i am now flowering 12/12.

I was vegging under a 600 watt MH actually and running them 24/0

Now i am flowering under HPS 12/12

Do MH bulbs consume more power than HPS bulbs by chance? I was vegging with MH for the first time

As long as the bill next month doesnt go over $100 for that room i will be happy. Lets hope so

Thanks farmers!

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

3k/month.

Getting raped and loving every minute of it.

11k. 5 ton ac. chillers. t-5's. the refrigerator with some frozen pizzas and cold beers...

how long you been running that cap?

yo pauly would you mind or if you even can edit the poll to more options like near the 1k-3k range, interested to see how many others have higher bills and for how long?

ill let you in on a lil secret :surprised

ttystikk

ttystikk

I'm still ramping things up but I paid $550 last month, I'm going to see that double before the buildout's finished, for sure.

Gotta spend money to make money, so the saying goes.

In answer to the question, 'why is electricity so much?', I would say, follow the electron and see what it takes to generate that power you're using so freely!

Coal fired power plants are cheap to build but the coal adds up- and that's some of the cheapest power anywhere, and here In Colorado and Woming we're sitting on hundreds of years worth of coal. Not sure how much longer we'll be able to breathe, though... Natural Gas fired plants are almost as cheap and their power is even cheaper- and cleaner... until you add fracking to the tab.

And then there's nuclear... I used to be a nuclear power advocate, but Fukushima changed my mind. The Japanese are at least as organized and efficient as anyone and if they can't keep nuclear stations from melting down and poisoning the landscape then I'd say it's probably not a viable approach. Beware, General Electric is ramping up their lobbying arm to sucker Congress into letting them build more of these, including in your backyard. This power poisons FOREVER- it's time to put a permanent stop to it.

Renewables like water (hydro, dude!), wind and solar make up a tiny fraction of total power production but they are the fastest growing. This is also the easiest to install on a distributed system, that is, in your own yard and on your own roof. Think about it- that's power no one can take away from you, and they'll pay you top dollar for it. This is the future of electrical power, sooner- or later, after we've dug everything else up.

Biomass is a potential source of power, but at base it's still... solar, we're just using plants as collectors and then processing them for the energy. Processing, by the way, with plenty of electricity and diesel fuel from the established power system, so the net gain is questionable. It can be done a lot better than it currently is in this country (look at Brazil), but let no one be under any illusions that this power source has 'arrived' in any significant sense.

Lots of people are going to talk about hydrogen- but that's not a source, it's a medium. Something gets converted into hydrogen, and then the hydrogen can generate electricity. The question always becomes what's being used to make the hydrogen? So we're back to a quest for sources.

Fusion is a pipe dream. If any breakthroughs are made in our lifetime, it's likely to be dirty, dangerous and/or fiendishly costly, and therefore not any kind of a magic bullet.

The question I ask when I see my electric bill is not, 'wow why so high??', it's more like, 'wow, how much longer can I get it for so CHEAP?'

P

paulycali

yo pauly would you mind or if you even can edit the poll to more options like near the 1k-3k range, interested to see how many others have higher bills and for how long?

I wish i could. I am not able to add more option or any options to the poll. I guess i only had one chance when i made the thread. Cant change it now. Secret LOL! Whats secret?

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

Did the extra kW bump you up to the next tier? You might just be paying more for total KWs now

M

mrduke

i know that in ca where you get pge power ite tiered so for the first 10'000 kwh is .08$ then it bumps to like .12 for the next 15000 kwh and then to something ceazy like .22 for the rest. so the way it goes with a 4k setup is you get the first week at the low price then a week at the middle and two way pumped up. But............. you can always apply for the care program which is for lower income people and drops your bill be somewhere around 60% mine is 250 a month for the whole house including the room

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Let us in,Let us in...

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

Fusion is a pipe dream. If any breakthroughs are made in our lifetime, it's likely to be dirty, dangerous and/or fiendishly costly, and therefore not any kind of a magic bullet.

I thought they made a cold fusion break through and was going to use it to power a city in greece? check it out on google?

http://energycatalyzer3.com/

Also some guy won the nobel peace prize or something for finding a radio frequency that can destabilize salt water from the ocean and lighting on fire!

http://www.rdwaterpower.com/turning-saltwater-in-fire/saltwater-into-fire/

J

jw214

I have 4k flower, 1k Veg about $1000 summer months. $500 during winter.. Midwest

Top Bottom