• Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
BigCube

BigCube

We?
If you mean government?
Only represents a small percentage of the population

We as a society. Like saying we make murder against the law. When very few people are actually involved with making the law.

I hear you though. We the public have very little say untill the laws are made and we push for change. It's a slow process and often never is optimal but it's the cant please everyone all the time problem.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

I'm canadian. I consider it legal. It's also regulated like everything. Aircraft, automobiles, firearms and all sorts of things are also regulated. We don't then call them illegal.

We are allowed to purchase, it, we are allowed to possess it, we are allowed to grow it, we are allowed to share it, we are allowed to mail it to each other.

You can also sell it and grow it in greater amounts with a license.

It's legal. Just regulated like every other good thing in life 🤣

Not really though. Legalization would mean that people could breed and sell seeds, grow plants regardless of where they live, drop whatever seeds they want (instead of only the ones sold by the government being legal to drop), and sell flowers to consumers and wholesalers. Imports and exports would exist.

Canadian "legalization" is more like the hyopcritical shitbirds in government trying to gain a monopoly on a market that they've been waging war against for decades. A government that, to this day, still tries to claim that cannabis is addictive and lowers IQ, among other blatant misinformation, should in no way be the only place to buy seeds. The government has no place telling any of us what seeds we can germinate, where we get them from, or who we give them to.

Right now I honestly believe that the Canadian legal market is in no way worth supporting. I see very few, if any, producers that actually care about quality. Few producers can provide any kind of reliable provenance for their genetics. And we're supposed to pay top dollar for this shit without being able to even see or smell it first? Fuck that, and fuck them for trying to force us to.

It's not legal, just different things are criminalized now. Booze is legal. When I can bring a pound of hash back on a flight with me like I can with bottles of wine, then it'll be legal in my book. The current bullshit is ridiculous. DC is smarter. Michigan is smarter. Colorado, Oregon, and California are smarter. But Canadian politicians seem to be content with their place in the global economy being "America's hat."

Last edited:
Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Sorry, that grumpiness wasn't directed at you @BigCube . I just see the potential for Canada to be a world leader in cannabis/hemp, and for it to revitalize the economy if done intelligently. I'm talking hash fields for miles, large scale fiber hemp production, clothes being made domestically, hemp seed protein being used on as wide a scale as whey, hemp seed oil, ... it could eliminate domestic hunger and unemployment.

Instead we get overpriced moldy buds, concentrates at $75 a half gram, and a cap on how strong an edible can be, and a choice of like 3 strains to legally buy.

BigCube

BigCube

Sorry, that grumpiness wasn't directed at you @BigCube . I just see the potential for Canada to be a world leader in cannabis/hemp, and for it to revitalize the economy if done intelligently. I'm talking hash fields for miles, large scale fiber hemp production, clothes being made domestically, hemp seed protein being used on as wide a scale as whey, hemp seed oil, ... it could eliminate domestic hunger and unemployment.

Instead we get overpriced moldy buds, concentrates at $75 a half gram, and a cap on how strong an edible can be, and a choice of like 3 strains to legally buy.

I understand and took no offense 👍

I also agree with much of what you said. But im a stickler for definition and using words in their proper context. 🤣

I feel and understand everything you guys are saying, but the fact is its legalization. With regulations we don't all agree on. But it's a good first step. Rome wasnt built in a day and all that. 🤣

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I also agree with much of what you said. But im a stickler for definition and using words in their proper context. 🤣

I feel and understand everything you guys are saying, but the fact is its legalization. With regulations we don't all agree on. But it's a good first step. Rome wasnt built in a day and all that. 🤣

for both of our countries the next step is big tobacco doing all the growing and big pharmacy owning all the concentrates.

And they made it seem like we the people made it all happen. Our choice. We are dumb. They planned all of this.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

The biggest hurdle to everything is the insistence on treating all cannabis as the same thing. The regulation should be on THC, not cannabis as a whole. Instead the minor cannabinoids get thrown out like a baby with the bathwater.

I think that people should just be able to sell tested buds to dispos here. It's a renewable, sustainable resource that requres zero physical infrastructure set up and has constant demand. Weed tourism should be a thing here like it is in WA or OR. There's just money we're leaving on the table in the name of bad science and commitment to it.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The biggest hurdle to everything is the insistence on treating all cannabis as the same thing. The regulation should be on THC, not cannabis as a whole. Instead the minor cannabinoids get thrown out like a baby with the bathwater.

I think that people should just be able to sell tested buds to dispos here. It's a renewable, sustainable resource that requres zero physical infrastructure set up and has constant demand. Weed tourism should be a thing here like it is in WA or OR. There's just money we're leaving on the table in the name of bad science and commitment to it.

our government already holds the patent for CBD and other constituents of the plant. No government is doing this for any reason other than money.

at least the Israeli government is actually doing real coward moving medical testing and supplying internationally.

but it will never be for the people the way you describe. Nothing ever has been. It’s a stoner treehugger kind of concept. The real world operates on corporate level profits, taxes and bribes. People are just customers. Even to the health care industry.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Not really though. Legalization would mean that people could breed and sell seeds, grow plants regardless of where they live, drop whatever seeds they want (instead of only the ones sold by the government being legal to drop), and sell flowers to consumers and wholesalers. Imports and exports would exist.

Canadian "legalization" is more like the hyopcritical shitbirds in government trying to gain a monopoly on a market that they've been waging war against for decades. A government that, to this day, still tries to claim that cannabis is addictive and lowers IQ, among other blatant misinformation, should in no way be the only place to buy seeds. The government has no place telling any of us what seeds we can germinate, where we get them from, or who we give them to.

Right now I honestly believe that the Canadian legal market is in no way worth supporting. I see very few, if any, producers that actually care about quality. Few producers can provide any kind of reliable provenance for their genetics. And we're supposed to pay top dollar for this shit without being able to even see or smell it first? Fuck that, and fuck them for trying to force us to.

It's not legal, just different things are criminalized now. Booze is legal. When I can bring a pound of hash back on a flight with me like I can with bottles of wine, then it'll be legal in my book. The current bullshit is ridiculous. DC is smarter. Michigan is smarter. Colorado, Oregon, and California are smarter. But Canadian politicians seem to be content with their place in the global economy being "America's hat."
Great post! I’m glad I’m not the only one seeing through this bs.
Here’s 3 government approved strains your allowed to grow🤣

docchilie

docchilie

Hi guys , I was wondering what you need to have or get befor applying a job as a cannabis farmer in any factories or warehouses?
I don’t know where you live but expect to make very little and the work to be less than glamorous. Example: every 21 days you will have to defoliate a 3000 sq ft greenhouse. I worked at a rec farm as a breeder and made so little I almost went bankrupt. That work was insanely fun but my compatriots were left doing back breaking labor making even less than I. Always keep in mind that you are completely expendable and whatever knowledge you have is irrelevant.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

I don’t know where you live but expect to make very little and the work to be less than glamorous. Example: every 21 days you will have to defoliate a 3000 sq ft greenhouse. I worked at a rec farm as a breeder and made so little I almost went bankrupt. That work was insanely fun but my compatriots were left doing back breaking labor making even less than I. Always keep in mind that you are completely expendable and whatever knowledge you have is irrelevant.
There’s at least one posting here about how he likes people knowing zero about growing cannabis. There’s a huge problem right there. You get what you pay for and people like that want no experience because they ain’t paying shit.

Money people. They’re all the same whether you’re paving a street or chopping a crop. They’d buy you if it was legal.

growsince79

growsince79

There’s at least one posting here about how he likes people knowing zero about growing cannabis. There’s a huge problem right there. You get what you pay for and people like that want no experience because they ain’t paying shit.

Money people. They’re all the same whether you’re paving a street or chopping a crop. They’d buy you if it was legal.
It would be great if we could buy and sell at the farmers market. Big weed wouldn't exist. Grade AA buds would be $40/oz

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

It would be great if we could buy and sell at the farmers market. Big weed wouldn't exist. Grade AA buds would be $40/oz
Well in all fairness we can’t do that with beer or wine or distilled spirits. We need true free trade regarding anything that is not lethal at any level. It’s all forms of control by those born to control. The wealthy. As in all of history.

boatbum850

boatbum850

I find it ironic that we in the US would not hold still for very much of the regulation that our neighbors do , when in reality we're all getting screwed . Collectively most of us feel that God , man nor the Devil tell us how to live . Pretty much across the board regardless ........assuming one treats others as they wish to be treated . Those that insist on messing with children , old folks or anyone weaker / less fortunate.........like the Revenuers they need to go .

Simba1

Simba1

I would hire the applicant who can lift 80lb bags, crawl under scrog nets, write legibly and doesn’t grow their own, no bugs, pollen or mold spores coming in.
I wish I could,I am too far away

TSD

TSD

Aircrafts firearms and automobiles can all kill someone. We’re talking about a simple measly little plant. I’m sitting here Wondering what regulations are put on my tomato plants in my backyard in the summer? Can I only have 6? Am I not aloud to sell them at the farmers market?
A plant is a plant and no one will change my mind about that.
Truth, but it's going to take a while to undo the damage done by a 100 year long war on "drugs."

Simba1

Simba1

Wo hooo 3000sq defoliating jesssss, i ll keep in mind well sed.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Wars on drugs are older than this present bullshit and it all boils down to the wealthy need you bright eyed and bushy tailed to make them even wealthier. They can take part and many have in making money from outlawed drugs.

My grandpa was born in 1895 in El Paso. Brothels still operated openly. The “ladies” would pay boys to take a nickel and a bucket to go get them beer. They also paid them to go to Chinatown and buy them opium. Kids could go buy opium and run it back to a whorehouse. Then the Opium Wars. It’s always been about control of people.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Wo hooo 3000sq defoliating jesssss, i ll keep in mind well sed.
There’s legal grows here exceeding 10,000 square feet under lights. Quite a few actually. Running shifts around the clock.

Simba1

Simba1

You guys made me think to run small place with co2 I am contemplating,😂

Simba1

Simba1

There’s legal grows here exceeding 10,000 square feet under lights. Quite a few actually. Running shifts around the clock.
If I was there I would have just go there for 1 month for free to just feel and learn something ,10000 sq ft is some experiance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom