What you smokin tonight???

• Thread starter SteezeGreenz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

I used to have a rock I found on a beach somewhere (don't even remember where) that had a bunch of holes worn in it from water erosion. I used to keep my roaches in it, we all called it the roach rock & would raid it when we were outta smoke

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Got some dawg jam 91 tonight, different, looks chemish but has that definite blueberry taste

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Don't bother trying to tell them, they think they know, and it's a shame they never will. The real conversation is what happened to that amazing weed from the 70's, and even the real Skunk#1 from the 80s? I mean what the hell happened?
it’s all in drying and curing, growing in soil.
research the history of drying and curing in the original marijuana growing countries.
hash resin stays stored for up to two years before its used!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

it’s all in drying and curing, growing in soil.
research the history of drying and curing in the original marijuana growing countries.
hash resin stays stored for up to two years before its used!
Naw.. in the seventies our weed came straight down from Montreal, it was all Colombian of various colors, nothing like the weed today. Oh well All Things Must Pass I guess; nice-looking hash you got there Nick, we used to get that too, but haven't seen that around in a looong time

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Naw.. in the seventies our weed came straight down from Montreal, it was all Colombian of various colors, nothing like the weed today. Oh well All Things Must Pass I guess; nice-looking hash you got there Nick, we used to get that too, but haven't seen that around in a looong time
yes your right about that.
i was just having that conversation with friend the other day, we miss thai the most, least the stuff we got, hawaiian, etc
columbian gold was never good,
once the hydroponic weed starting to take over about 1986 or so i quit weed because it tasted awful and still does, only smoke hash and oil ever since.

Madbud

Madbud

‘70’s weed? C’mon, remember rolling all those seeds, or worse, one going off in a number like popcorn💥 True there were some good loads, a particularly seedy blonde Oaxacan and that sweet resiny red in ‘76, but still what, 10-12% thc max?Good memories, mediocre bong rips.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
‘70’s weed? C’mon, remember rolling all those seeds, or worse, one going off in a number like popcorn💥 True there were some good loads, a particularly seedy blonde Oaxacan and that sweet resiny red in ‘76, but still what, 10-12% thc max?Good memories, mediocre bong rips.
A lot of people tie a period of their life with the weed they were smoking and that is what makes it so much better. 🙋‍♀️ Guilty! Imo if they were smoking the same stuff today probally not going to be as happy. When your young and everything is new things are a lot different.
Just the difference of smoking a bowl in your kitchen and smoking the same bowl on a hike you will get a lot higher and it will taste a lot better.
Been smoking all winter and we finally have had some nice days and I’m out on the deck sun hitting my face and I’m like damn this bowl is so f-ing good! But it is the same thing I smoked yesterday inside and I didn’t like it as much.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
A lot of people tie a period of their life with the weed they were smoking and that is what makes it so much better. 🙋‍♀️ Guilty! Imo if they were smoking the same stuff today probally not going to be as happy. When your young and everything is new things are a lot different.
Just the difference of smoking a bowl in your kitchen and smoking the same bowl on a hike you will get a lot higher and it will taste a lot better.
Been smoking all winter and we finally have had some nice days and I’m out on the deck sun hitting my face and I’m like damn this bowl is so f-ing good! But it is the same thing I smoked yesterday inside and I didn’t like it as much.
i can’t remember the name but in the early eighties there was buds we called red haired sensi buds, geez i seriously would be so high..
yes weed is stronger today in thc levels but i got way higher off the weed back than, almost like mushrooms or acid kinda buzz.. ever since than the only thing that has knocked me off my feet was jamaican gum, holy geezus! but even that stuff was only good for a short time at $25/30 per gram, than it quickly went to $15 a gram and was crap.
the black hash being imported now is really good.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
yepper, that is true

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I agree with what you are saying. I notice it all the time. Mood is everything. But unless you smoked early 80’s or earlier weed you dont know it was much longer lasting and trippier. Way more fun than modern hybrids.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I agree with what you are saying. I notice it all the time. Mood is everything. But unless you smoked early 80’s or earlier weed you dont know it was much longer lasting and trippier. Way more fun than modern hybrids.
seems today it’s all about thc levels, which is kinda true but it has to do with all the ingredients.
now everything is crissed crossed with each other and it must be changing something that when weed came from marijuana growing countries it definitely had a taste and a buzz that is incomparableto today’s marijuana, weed was way better in the early eighties, no doubt about it!
like edibles,
i’ll eat a 500 mg shatter chocolate bar at 65% thc and be way higher than eating 500 mg of 96% thc from distillate.
it’s not all about thc.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

seems today it’s all about thc levels, which is kinda true but it has to do with all the ingredients.
now everything is crissed crossed with each other and it must be changing something that when weed came from marijuana growing countries it definitely had a taste and a buzz that is incomparableto today’s marijuana, weed was way better in the early eighties, no doubt about it!
like edibles,
i’ll eat a 500 mg shatter chocolate bar at 65% thc and be way higher than eating 500 mg of 96% thc from distillate.
it’s not all about thc.

It is definitely an entourage effect and thc is not supposed to be so far out of whack compared to the other canabanoids I think.

Also shorter flowering time seems to lose something compared to longer. Even with modern strains.

Top Bottom