What you smokin tonight???

• Thread starter SteezeGreenz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
It is definitely an entourage effect and thc is not supposed to be so far out of whack compared to the other canabanoids I think.

Also shorter flowering time seems to lose something compared to longer. Even with modern strains.
yep i wait till 1/3-1/2 amber.. which takes forever.
my flowering gelatos are at day 67? from 12/12 and they still have at least 2 weeks plus.. like 10-12 weeks to finish.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

yep i wait till 1/3-1/2 amber.. which takes forever.
my flowering gelatos are at day 67? from 12/12 and they still have at least 2 weeks plus.. like 10-12 weeks to finish.

I dont wait for amber. It means the canabanoids are degrading. When i see mostly all cloudy and full trichs and a few ambers and i know the flowers are finished growing i cut. But i havent seen a supposed 8 week plant truly done before 10 weeks in a long time. And 10 week plants tend to need 12.

My cmh 315 shortens time about 5 days on some strains. I believe led growers see this as well with the fuller spectrums.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Disagree; the weed was completely different. It looked & tasted different & most importantly it was much much stonier!

it has nothing to do with being younger, or a certain time in your life or this or that, I'd been smoking since 67 ish and selling for half that long by the mid-70s, & I tell you most sincerely that it's different weed than today.

Although many Old-Timers know exactly what I'm talking about, and we've had many conversations about exact this topic on those long sunny days down the beach, I can't and don't care to make anyone believe this, people mostly believe what they want anyway

but what I am trying to say and be clear about is that I was there then and I'm here now; and in my opinion the weed has changed drastically and not for the better, a hard and unpopular statement, I'm aware

Ps. this is a picture I took of the second best weed I ever smoked, Colombian Gold 1976, could only get a pound or so of it, and it was pricey even back then (raise your hand if you knew this picture was coming👌🤣 LOL)

The best was a Colombian Red, winter of 73 / 74, I'm out, good luck!
20190609 101422
20190609 102713

🙋‍♂️ 🔫🐒

Edit: perfect example that weed is not now what it once was would be what they currently sell as Skunk#1, real Skunk#1 was nothing like what they sell by the same name today.

Last edited:
fictionsuit

fictionsuit

I dont wait for amber. It means the canabanoids are degrading. When i see mostly all cloudy and full trichs and a few ambers and i know the flowers are finished growing i cut. But i havent seen a supposed 8 week plant truly done before 10 weeks in a long time. And 10 week plants tend to need 12.

My cmh 315 shortens time about 5 days on some strains. I believe led growers see this as well with the fuller spectrums.
I agree. I read from people on the internet to wait till 20% amber. I did tests where I would harvest some at 5% Amber and some at 25% amber and I must say the effects were more powerful with mostly cloudy trics and 5% Amber. Now i'm no scientist so my experiments were just done by me and there might be other factors in place that made one seem more potent then the other, but as of right now I'm going with cloudy is what i'm after.

God I miss growing

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter

yep right about that!

it seems like, everything is clear as water still. i have a 1000 watt hps for flowering though my preferred method would of been to have the mh also in there the first month, but no room, but soon will be expanding.

with cannabis becoming more legal more true information will come out, but not for a while yet, there is more wrong information out there than correct about growing/ producing/ curing marijuana.
i just shake my head at some information i see to “help” growers, geezus!!
about amber trichomes, have you ever tried “super red lebanese” it’s a sticky soft hash, to me it’s the best smoke i ever smoked, kinda like the red version of a black jamaican gum, well it’s made with mostly amber trichomes.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Disagree; the weed was completely different. It looked & tasted different & most importantly it was much much stonier!

it has nothing to do with being younger, or a certain time in your life or this or that, I'd been smoking since 67 ish and selling for half that long by the mid-70s, & I tell you most sincerely that it's different weed than today.

Although many Old-Timers know exactly what I'm talking about, and we've had many conversations about exact this topic on those long sunny days down the beach, I can't and don't care to make anyone believe this, people mostly believe what they want anyway

but what I am trying to say and be clear about is that I was there then and I'm here now; and in my opinion the weed has changed drastically and not for the better, a hard and unpopular statement, I'm aware

Ps. this is a picture I took of the second best weed I ever smoked, Colombian Gold 1976, could only get a pound or so of it, and it was pricey even back then (raise your hand if you knew this picture was coming👌🤣 LOL)

View attachment 966321View attachment 966322
🙋‍♂️ 🔫🐒

Edit: perfect example that weed is not now what it once was would be what they currently sell as Skunk#1, real Skunk#1 was nothing like what they sell by the same name today.
Damn right bro!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

yep right about that!

it seems like, everything is clear as water still. i have a 1000 watt hps for flowering though my preferred method would of been to have the mh also in there the first month, but no room, but soon will be expanding.

with cannabis becoming more legal more true information will come out, but not for a while yet, there is more wrong information out there than correct about growing/ producing/ curing marijuana.
i just shake my head at some information i see to “help” growers, geezus!!
about amber trichomes, have you ever tried “super red lebanese” it’s a sticky soft hash, to me it’s the best smoke i ever smoked, kinda like the red version of a black jamaican gum, well it’s made with mostly amber trichomes.

I havent seen hash for sale in many years. We used to get the classic turkish black hash and dry blond hash but that was before 1990.

Now the only hash i smoke is from my own dry sift from my trim tray.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I havent seen hash for sale in many years. We used to get the classic turkish black hash and dry blond hash but that was before 1990.

i’ve been getting it consistently for 33 years, yes there was some dry spells and some crap repressed hash but for the most part always could get it. you still see the blond moroc

ive been getting it consistently for 33 years, yes there was some dry spells and some crap repressed hash but mostly good for the most part.
moroccan blonde stills shows up once in a while but mostly black and it’s been real good the last few years.
the hash making countries in the early eighties ran out of stored resin (2/3 years old) for making hash and that’s when the hash got worse because the demand didn’t allow it the be cured properly.. etc
same as the marijuana..

well i hope your able to find some of the black out there and enjoy it!

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

I'm a little younger than some of you but been smoking good weed since late 80s & my uncle always got good stuff (I really remember our roadkill in mo), I got ahold of clone only diesel in 90s that was amazing (still my favorite). Weeds not as potent these days it seems, I still occassionally come across absolute fire but it always seems to be just missing the mark on what we used to have around here, sad, I'm trying to bring back good stuff, if I do I'll share.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I'm a little younger than some of you but been smoking good weed since late 80s & my uncle always got good stuff (I really remember our roadkill in mo), I got ahold of clone only diesel in 90s that was amazing (still my favorite). Weeds not as potent these days it seems, I still occassionally come across absolute fire but it always seems to be just missing the mark on what we used to have around here, sad, I'm trying to bring back good stuff, if I do I'll share.
me too

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter

View attachment 966321View attachment 966322
🙋‍♂️ 🔫🐒

Oh Columbian red! I have a bx cheese x columbian red haze (red cheese) getting ready for flower.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
I always said that too. Until a few years ago a friends outside blue dream came out totally purple and the weed was knock out strong.
Blue dream comes out that purple???
It was mostly the blackberry stuff that came out that purple that I saw but it’s been a while and there is a lot of new stuff that is suppose to be purple and get ya high.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Blue dream comes out that purple???
It was mostly the blackberry stuff that came out that purple that I saw but it’s been a while and there is a lot of new stuff that is suppose to be purple and get ya high.

Mine never did but just the one year his did. It was old blue dream. Their family keeps a few cuts. The one i want is his dads new york power diesel. That shit was the real deal.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter

indica dominant usually mostly milky, sativa dominant up to 1/3 amber.

Top Bottom