What's A Way To Get Around Getting Red Flagged At The Electric Company!

• Thread starter markesparza1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
keiksweat

keiksweat

swap your 1000w lights for 315 cmh fixtures.5 cmh fixtures will out perform two 1000 s for less power,and better quality bud,hands down.no brainer.i live in an illegal country...never mind illegal state.were all swapping out.shops are selling off 1000w cheaper as that many are switching.hope this helps.good luck. Oh,and I got one of the same phone calls off electric company.told them we have two sunbeds.seem to do the job.

Homesteader

Homesteader

I'm going to suggest decking your house with cheap Christmas garbage from garage sales. Everything and anything you can find. Santas, Snowmen, Light strings(don't even need to be working....No LEDs jest inefficient incandescent), Ginger bread house.....You name it.
Plug a few in every once in awhile to act like its an ongoing project.

markesparza1

markesparza1

I'm going to suggest decking your house with cheap Christmas garbage from garage sales. Everything and anything you can find. Santas, Snowmen, Light strings(don't even need to be working....No LEDs jest inefficient incandescent), Ginger bread house.....You name it.
Plug a few in every once in awhile to act like its an ongoing project.
Lol so you think a 6500 w generator powered by natural gas wouldn't be a better idea haa

markesparza1

markesparza1

swap your 1000w lights for 315 cmh fixtures.5 cmh fixtures will out perform two 1000 s for less power,and better quality bud,hands down.no brainer.i live in an illegal country...never mind illegal state.were all swapping out.shops are selling off 1000w cheaper as that many are switching.hope this helps.good luck. Oh,and I got one of the same phone calls off electric company.told them we have two sunbeds.seem to do the job.
Yeah I mean it sounds good I've just always used hps for flowering with cool hoods and I'll be running 10k in anew spot I know I could run five just do t know how to do the other 5 this is my current 3k hps grow right now

Bill22

Bill22

If you go with the 315w lights, use a 10 p.m.-10 a.m. light cycle, and throw a few solar panels on your roof, you will be cutting down your power usage considerably vs. just using thouies. It doesn't matter if the solar panels do not cover your whole power usage; you can always add more later when you can afford it.

sixstring

sixstring

Lol so you think a 6500 w generator powered by natural gas wouldn't be a better idea haa
a 1000.00 power bill will be about triple that number if you try to use a gen to power your grow.the whole argurment that led wont "penetrate" like hid is silly,light is light.if you can buy or build a led that puts out 1000 umoles it will grow just as well as a hid light at the same number with less power and heat.

Bill22

Bill22

the whole argurment that led wont "penetrate" like hid is silly,light is light.if you can buy or build a led that puts out 1000 umoles it will grow just as well as a hid light at the same number with less power and heat.
Perhaps, but until someone does an a/b test, it's all just speculation either way.;)

D

dab science

That's what I'm saying I do t k is why half these people tho k it's ok to just pay your bill lmao
If your scared find a friend who isent then put everything in your friends name have him do nothing around your grow ever and give him 10 % for useing his name ... if anything happens your friend wont end up getting charged it will look like a case of stolen identity.... if you order stuff online use a different friend dont keep all your eggs in one basket

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Grab a flip box and run 5 in one room and when they turn off the other 5 turn on. I ran 25 lights in one basement( 600s) never an issue

guymandude

guymandude

im want to run 10 lights in a house but I think 4K watts is the most I can run that won't cause suspicion but I'm wanting to run 10k under one roof lmk if there's another way like generators or another way to get electricity
Wind generators work great on the Great Plains. but they are pricy, very pricy.

Just pay your bill. As long as your not stealing power, late on your bills, imo power companies don't give a crap.
to a point, yes. If it's a municipal power company they care after a certain limit has been reached. A private company won't give a shit as long as you pay your bill on time.

In a illegal state I don't think it would look right if my bill is 1200 lol from what I've read
i run about 5K watts total (veg and flower) and my bill runs in the mid 400's for the summer. that will drop to around 200 in the winter. I would not go any higher than that if you are getting power from the government.

Bill22

Bill22

@markesparza1: Everyone's risk tolerance level is different. The bottom line is your comfort. "Better safe than sorry" comes to mind.

B

Bogart Tasty

Power companies make money by you using power. IMO if you pay your bill on time, you have nothing to worry about -- even in an illegal state. Started my shop at 8k, went to 12 after a few months, now at 16. Plus veg. Haven't heard a peep.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Power companies are in the business of making money. Pay it on time and you won't have a problem.

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

I'm running 7k with a 2400sf house and the bill is 1450. Cali is bullshit I wish I had you guy's power bills. My buddy has a 25k grow on a commercial meter and the bill is 1800. I feel like I'm getting fucked everyday

M

Mitygrows

Don't feel bad.my bill is 2400 a month with 7 gravita 1000. fucking hate ca.

Latest posts

Top Bottom