What's Everyone Using For Powdery Mildew This Year.... Best And Worst

• Thread starter maya42
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
maya42

maya42

I'm using a product called back to green. It's a compost tea spray and it's worked pretty awesome. It doesn't just come back a day or 2 later, the live tea keeps fighting it.

And the rest of you?

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

Green cure fungicide. I don't think it works like that stuff mentioned above that continues to work, but pm never showed it's face again.

T

toquer

I'm knocking on wood having dumped all but two genetics that I won't see that stuff again. Neither strains have gotten pm with other plants having it next to them. It's been gone for close to 6 months now. But I add +life weekly and VSS weekly as well in addition to adding in biologicals during transplant. SM-90 is applied weekly until flowers set and then nothing further. The dehumidifiers drop down to 50% an hour before lights go off. Lights dim producing a sunset effect. Nighttime temp is almost identical to daytime temp if not 2°C warmer.
Will be adding in sunrise temperature dip as soon as I can build another relay.
All environmental in my opinion.

Ohh and don't bring it in. Will be having a changing room built into the entry room so that the outside stays outside!!

T

toquer

Doing some research? @toquer
No just trying to increase yield, reduce cost and increase efficiency and then replicate the model. Focusing on two strains allows me to focus well. When I first started smoking there was this shit from Venice/MDR that was so covered the bag was sticky and we had to cut it with nail scissors as you couldn't grind it and just plucking a nug from this cola just crushed it. You couldn't handle the flowers it was so dank.
I'm almost there on one strain. Impossible to touch without having sticky fingers. When taking leaves out during flowering your arms get sticky. I water from underneath the canopy and I'm sticky every day. Powdery mildew can't land on the leaf surface as it's totally coated with trichomes. Outside you can shower her with water and it beads up and rolls off.
The second strain I'm getting to understand better. She's an 11 weeker but crystals so tiny they also cover every square inch of plant material. Getting better at knowing her, but 11 weeks is a tricky feed schedule. With the tiny crystals she becomes PM immune.

So my further thoughts are the 11 weeker when not fed right will develop the ability to get the retched disease. It all comes down to tuning things in for a specific strain.

Sunbaked

Sunbaked

mold resistant strains . EM-1 , 4 fans outdoors and don't buy clones from unknown asses. Surprise...no mold this year.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Along with Cease and Milstop. Remember that when Powdery Mildew is treated the cell wall explode and it looks worse

Even if you spray as a preventative? I would imagine the cell wall ruptures because the mildew has grown through the cell wall. When it dies, it leaves an open wound?

maya42

maya42

If you use live tea the fungus will eat the pm. No exploding. If you've ever grown mushrooms you understand completely about one fungus eating/over running another.

Pm does just the same. It lands and starts to put a foot hold on the plant, fighting the natural defenses of the plant. It essentially out competes the good guys. So the best way to fix the issue is to introduce a stronger fungus that's helpful to the plant.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
@maya42 start incorporating a little aspirin into your regimen. One 325mg tablet dissolved in 2gals water ratio. It's like lysine for plants, boosts their immune system.

B

Burned Haze

mold resistant strains . EM-1 , 4 fans outdoors and don't buy clones from unknown asses. Surprise...no mold this year.

Same rules besides I use actinovate ag (Foliar version) and I haven't seen any moulds ( 22 strains this year ) basically spray every 7-10 days or after rain unless to cold .

Hopefully no harsh oct for my outdoors cause this year looks bomb !

maya42

maya42

What's the aspirin do? I heard it triggers the sar response, but what benefits does this offer?

Sunbaked

Sunbaked

once you got it peroxide and water spray will knock it down. enough to get to harvest. but never getting is best. the good microbes in EM-1 is supposed to keep mold away. has worked so far this year.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
What's the aspirin do? I heard it triggers the sar response, but what benefits does this offer?
It's a lot like lysine for humans, because the SARS response is to do with immune systems. So I look at it like an immune system booster. I use lysine instead of Valtrex for cold sores, and it works *just* as well, is a fraction of the cost and doesn't kill your live (Valtrex is really, REALLY hard on the liver, and I love my liver, it's the only one I have!). Paired with those good players, your plant's suite of systems is that much stronger.

In my humble opinion.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I have been staring with a mean mug, saying: "You better not grow mildew, you pathetic excuse of a cannabis plant." So far its been working, but I get a feeling the plants are getting put out, and are planning a mutiny. I sleep with one eye open.........

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

Mahalo!
Looked around on that "bigtime" site.
Might well have called it the Barnum and Baily site. :D
I'm jus' sayin' that it smelled of fish to me.
Very expensive fish at that.

As for PM? I've had unexpectedly effective control with plain ol' SM-90.
And, thanks to Amazon-prime, it no cost like dem BT buggahs. :D

Aloha,
Wee zard

Top Bottom