Whats good for top dressing during veg and also flower?

• Thread starter DevinA95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DevinA95

DevinA95

What do people use to top dress their plants and how often should I do it? Thanks to anyone in advance. I've been using fox farm trio since I've started but now that they are outside I can't feed them as often and want something I don't have to use as often.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

You could use an all purpose slow release fertilizer that is applied once or twice every 2 months. You just scratch it in the top 1" layer of soil, then water it in.

Some of them that I know about would be Happy Frog, Down to Earth, Dr Earth, Gaia Green.

Amazon carries all of them.

DevinA95

DevinA95

You could use an all purpose slow release fertilizer that is applied once or twice every 2 months. You just scratch it in the top 1" layer of soil, then water it in.

Some of them that I know about would be Happy Frog, Down to Earth, Dr Earth, Gaia Green.

Amazon carries all of them.
I have all purpose organic miracle grow fertilizer that I keep considering but every one says to stay away from miracle grow. I dont understand what is so bad about it considering that its organic

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I have all purpose organic miracle grow fertilizer that I keep considering but every one says to stay away from miracle grow. I dont understand what is so bad about it considering that its organic

Alot of that comes from back in the day, when most of Miracle Gro products were for ornamentals. I think they do have an organic line that is made for vegetables, I wouldn't buy it myself because their are better products with better ingredients, but if it is made for vegetables, it should be safe for cannabis. I'm just not sure what the NPK ratio is, it might not be ideal for cannabis.

DevinA95

DevinA95

Alot of that comes from back in the day, when most of Miracle Gro products were for ornamentals. I think they do have an organic line that is made for vegetables, I wouldn't buy it myself because their are better products with better ingredients, but if it is made for vegetables, it should be safe for cannabis. I'm just not sure what the NPK ratio is, it might not be ideal for cannabis.
I got alittle too excited when seen the "organic" part on the label. It looked like the best option the store had. I should have waited and just ordered something else. Thats still probably what I'll do. I was also thinking about worm castings but I dont know if that's good enough by itself. I dont want to do it half assed so now I will try to find something made for cannibas.

stickyfingers1

stickyfingers1

I pepper the top surface with worm castings and a veg guano then repeat mid flower with a PK guano. cover with generic top soil then water in.

plants love it. or instead of top dress brew them in to tea and get it straight to the roots.

Top Bottom