What's Happening?!?

• Thread starter GarciaGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GarciaGrows

GarciaGrows

My husband and I have this 24K Gold strain, Maui Wowie strain, and Pure Indica Strain that we were ready to start the flowering stage so we put them in darkness for 48 hours and then after the 48 hours were up we started 12/12, the leaves on our plants started burning and we don't know why! Could it be from the lights? Could it be because of the heat? We had our grow tent in our garage and at times it would get hot inside the tent.. Is there any chance of survival for these plants? Any ideas or advice y'all can give us?
Thanks!
S&CGarcia

Whats happening
Whats happening 2
Whats happening 3
Minitiger

Minitiger

It looks like a lot of different things are going on there. And you’re going to have to be more specific. How hot is “hot”in the tent? What medium are you growing them in? What have you been watering with? What have you been adding to your water? You can definitely save those plants, but you gotta give us some more information. One thing I would absolutely never do is put my plants in 48 hours of darkness during their grow cycle, but I don’t think that has anything to do with what’s going on with your plants.

Minitiger

Minitiger

That last pic looks like you might have a lil bit of mite damage, maybe, along with other things. My guess is you’re frying your plants with “nutrients” and going into your tent dirty. You should always wash your hands and forearms before handling your plants. And ease way back on feedings. Again, you gotta be more specific.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah looks like a pretty severe lockout. Could be due to several reasons. But something in the root zone is not right.

Provide all the details you can about the equipment, grow history and practices.

az2000

az2000

It was probably the heat in the garage. What soil are you using (brand, bag name)? What nutrients are you feeding? How much, how often? Did you feed anything when you switched to 12/12? (Sometimes people are eager to use bloom nutrients too soon. Did you do that?).

They'll probably survive if whatever the problem is stops being a problem (bugs, heat or overfeeding).

GarciaGrows

GarciaGrows

We have 2 of the MarsHydro 600 watt grow lights.
The soil we use is a blend of compost, and Miracle Grow Performance Organics. We use Jobe's Organic Blood Meal fertilizer and also Jobe's Organic Bone Meal fertilizer. Our plants are in 10 gallon grow pots. We fertilize them with 1/3 cup for each plant.

GarciaGrows

GarciaGrows

We don't use any type of bottled nutrients and we fertilize about one time every 3 weeks. We don't use any special water, we use rain water or water from the hose.
As for the heat it's gotten to around 95 and that's when the leaves started crisping.

GarciaGrows

GarciaGrows

We have not fed them any more nutrients since we noticed the burns which just recently happened on Monday morning. We water them when the top layer has dried out to about an inch. We're first time growers and we try to do as much research about growing as we can.
Today we move our plants inside so they are no longer outside in the garage.

Seraphine

Seraphine

I think getting them indoors will address the damage from heat . How far away are your lights from the canopy? Make sure water going in is pH’d appropriately. I haven’t grown in soil in a while but I think 6.8 -6.5ish is good.

Seraphine

Seraphine

As far as insect damage goes, I can’t tell if those are water droplets or bite marks

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

Watering from a hose ehhhh do u know the ph coming out and watering when top inch is dry doesn't mean its dry enough to water and u keep track of how much runoff u get

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

20 to 30% runoff what I shoot for! But I also water in gallon increments

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Heat causes plants to drink a lot more. With a low RH this can be made even worse causing nutrient burn and lockout. It's looks under watered (papery, crispy leaves). Possibly some root damage from high roots zone temps, high salinity, low ph.

Test the run off to see what's coming out in terms of ph and ppm a nutrient buildup can drastically lower soil pH causing lockout.

The cause may have been the heat but the problem is in the root zone.

I don't grow in soil so I can't tell you how much to flush or feed or water but I can tell you the likely causes of the symptoms I see.

Initial signs of nute burn followed by deficiencies with heat likely the initial cause and now ph is low due to nutrient build up and soil over drying. The combination will further slow water and nutrient uptake until its fixed.

Probably a flush and feed but don't ask me how to. Best to let a soil grower go over it.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

We have 2 of the MarsHydro 600 watt grow lights.
The soil we use is a blend of compost, and Miracle Grow Performance Organics. We use Jobe's Organic Blood Meal fertilizer and also Jobe's Organic Bone Meal fertilizer. Our plants are in 10 gallon grow pots. We fertilize them with 1/3 cup for each plant.
wait ,mg soil does it have slow re
lease nutes in it?compost straight nitrogen good stuff,then you feed with blood and bone meal i asume top scratch it in?why?
next 10 gal pots,1/3 rd cup of blood and bone meal right,thats about 2 tbsp each of them right,oh no cant do it,if you scratch in 1 tbsp of each about once a month wouldnt be a problem bone has phos in it but is really for k side values,best way tom use your feed is cooked into the soil before you plant like about a month before,your locking the plant out from over ferting the plant like as in steriod injections,if im correct bone meal only has i think 12% imediate avaiability blood is a straight shot,compost is mainly n and then you have the mg soil,so ton of N,ton of N with only a tad of K and P,okay your locked ,then locked up plants thrown in dark for 2 days,which is probally only thing that has saved them from not stressing light if you dig,is there any wind movement in dark period?
the leaves that are jacked wont come back,doesnt mean you have to cut full leave off just bad part,if it were me i would turn that light back to 18-6 to you get it straighten out,do a slurry test on the soil,see were your ph is,im willing to say your probaly running around 8 thats the burning from alkaline soil /bone meal,that mg soil has slow release nutes in it as long as they are there your doubling down with food and that burns um,like aqua said look dehydrated all this fall right back to same thing locked,when you feed again give the healthy drink,start with cup at a time to you get the first sign of runoff,imediatly take that runoff and do a ppm or ec check,then use same runoff to check ph with your pen

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Major nutrient burn, with photoperiod plants allways go less then recommended dose so you can see how they react, all you can do is flush them out and check ph, sucks.

GarciaGrows

GarciaGrows

Yes MG soil has slow release nutrients... My poor plants!! I've put so much work into them and it kills me to see them like this.. So before I flush should i pH balance the water and then pour it on until I see it running out the bottom? Sometimes it's hard to tell when it is coming out cause the water will sometimes just run out the sides of the grow pot without actually running through the soil... If you get what I mean.. As for air movement in darkness- yes we had the fans on the whole time they were in darkness.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Everything everybody’s said is helpful info you should utilize. The only other thing I can add is Miracle Grow anything is garbage. That, in addition to the heat, the blood meal and the bone meal is absolutely the issue. I wouldn’t smoke weed grown in a Miracle Grow potting soil if you paid me, especially if it had added bone meal and blood meal. You know how they make that shit, right? By scraping up the blood from slaughterhouses. There’s no telling how many growth hormones and other garbage is being fed to those slaughterhouse animals. Same deal with the bone meal. If I were you, I’d trash those plants and start over with a good, organic soil mix. I can give you a recipe that’s virtually water-only if you’re interested.

Reactions: Uno
az2000

az2000

Yes MG soil has slow release nutrients...

For what it's worth, Miracle Grow Organic Choice has low nutrient level (0.10-0.05-0.05). I've seen people on forums say they use it all the time. It's just the other varieties of MG potting mixes which can be hot, with slow-release fertilizer (every time you water, it gets worse).

Another popular over-the-counter (retail store) potting mix is Black Gold Natural & Organic (0.05-0.0-0.0).

I haven't used either, but I'm thinking of trying the Black Gold soon. I would add perlite. Probably a lot (50%). I think cannabis likes to go from wet to dry pretty quickly. All the potting soils seem too dense/heavy (IMO). But, I grow in amended, organic-fortified soil. I feed each watering, and don't expect the soil to have a lot of stuff in it. Maybe it would be different with a rich soil.

Top Bottom