What's my Job Title?, and it's not "Master Grower"

• Thread starter Carl Sagan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Carl Sagan

Carl Sagan

Going out and shaking hands while passing out business cards to sell pot sounds like a trip downtown to me.

dude.. what? lol!

i don't sell weed. I grow it. I am an adult in this world making contacts. A business card is legit. Y'all got issues.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
so if i'm networking.. should I just handout buds with slips of paper that have my phone number on them inside like fortune cookies?
Helluva marketing ploy! I can see the need for tasteful business/calling cards. I'm sure you also have a foot planted in the 'real world,' the world where people don't know a fucking thing about strains unless they saw it on tv. The world where they're likely members of AARP.

I should have some cards, in fact, as I am a patient advocate working directly with an advocacy group and it would be a hell of a lot easier to be able to hand folks a card than sit there writing stuff down. I just haven't gotten around to designing them.

putembk

putembk

dude.. what? lol!

i don't sell weed. I grow it. I am an adult in this world making contacts. A business card is legit. Y'all got issues.
Sorry dude, how silly of me to think that someone who grows weed actually would sell the stuff. Make sure you leave your name, address and cell # on your cards so EVERYONE will know how to find you.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

sorry you don't get out much!
I have good friends doing hard time for the EXACT same thing you do and the feds actually had to build a case against them,they did not present them with a business card that did all the work for them,you must be using ALOT of your own product!
Its all good though,If anything ever happens you can count on me to put some money on your books for you,peace.

Carl Sagan

Carl Sagan

Sorry dude, how silly of me to think that someone who grows weed actually would sell the stuff. Make sure you leave your name, address and cell # on your cards so EVERYONE will know how to find you.

i thought i made it clear that I work for a dispensary? ie: I openly and publicly identify what I do to the world. welcome to 2013, friends.

why are you wasting time telling me that I'm going down? i know what I signed up for. i appreciate all of your know-it-all attitudes, however I don't need your 'guidance'.

Seamaiden: you obviously know what's up. I appreciate having someone that can relate, that knows the state of affairs concerning medical marijuana in this country. Especially in a state that just passed Amendment 64.

Carl Sagan

Carl Sagan

Helluva marketing ploy! I can see the need for tasteful business/calling cards. I'm sure you also have a foot planted in the 'real world,' the world where people don't know a fucking thing about strains unless they saw it on tv. The world where they're likely members of AARP.

I should have some cards, in fact, as I am a patient advocate working directly with an advocacy group and it would be a hell of a lot easier to be able to hand folks a card than sit there writing stuff down. I just haven't gotten around to designing them.

I grow as my profession. I don't care what scale others grow on underground, but we are in a new era. These are unprecedented times, and I dare to get business cards. I am on the books filing taxes, making money off of all of this as are others.. you think I worry about business cards being too high profile? you peeps!! You can see our shop's sign walking down the street.. much more obvious than a business card in a few peoples' wallets.

nothin' but love, however... good vibes to you all.

soserthc1

soserthc1

How about Carl Sagen OG , i would seriously prefer the bud if i was on the other end of the net working - I mean are you looking to increase disp business or to get your name out as a grower ? Imho opinion you get your name well none by growing dank weed not by handing out cards - now come in a hand me a dank ass bud and i might remember you but a card really serves no purpose - in closing good luck Carl you have a awesome job for now , the brave new world aint as brave as you think yet........

putembk

putembk

No disrespect intended but I am confused. There are some really good breeders and growers on here that have been around for years. Watching them post on here it seems that their network grew over time as they grew. They may or may not have titles or even business cards but they seem to have their business lined out.

You say you are paying taxes, meaning you are making a profit, and you are wondering what you should call yourself? You have a store with a sign? Not trying to be a smart ass but are you trying to expand or what. Sorry man, missing something that SM and FW see.

Carl Sagan

Carl Sagan

they are responding to my question instead of creating issues out of every facet of my posts like you are.

i cleeeaarly started this thread about a job title so shitheads like you could come in and tell me why i'm wrong for doing it in the first place. i wonder why people like you waste precious moments of their lives going against the grain concerning such trivial matters.

:)

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

professional attitudes like Carl's are the only hope for progression in 'the industry'. and if not in a state with adult legalization, then where? now i certainly wouldn't have a business card in my situation, and will admit that watching what happens to the Carls of this thing will be very interesting.

but assuming they're well aware of the risks, we should be cheering them on for pioneering a path that'll make life easier for more of us someday (and sooner than later in CO/WA).

so Carl, how about leaving the title off and just printing your name. that's always worked a lot better for me than stuff like chariman/ceo/director/owner. the people who needed to all knew my role.

putembk

putembk

Shithead??? Now my feelings are hurt. Ok best advise I can give....It's not what you call yourself, it's what others call you behind your back. Put that on your business card.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
prepaid phone.

Your title should just be "consultant".

just the phone number and a nice quote/slogan. A card that stands out with a different shape or texture.

That should be good enough.

Carl Sagan

Carl Sagan

professional attitudes like Carl's are the only hope for progression in 'the industry'. and if not in a state with adult legalization, then where? now i certainly wouldn't have a business card in my situation, and will admit that watching what happens to the Carls of this thing will be very interesting.

but assuming they're well aware of the risks, we should be cheering them on for pioneering a path that'll make life easier for more of us someday (and sooner than later in CO/WA).

so Carl, how about leaving the title off and just printing your name. that's always worked a lot better for me than stuff like chariman/ceo/director/owner. the people who needed to all knew my role.

All very true. Thanks for understanding where I'm coming from.

I agree with your tip about not even listing the profession, I may take that route as well. Cheers, sir.

Carl Sagan

Carl Sagan

Shithead??? Now my feelings are hurt. Ok best advise I can give....It's not what you call yourself, it's what others call you behind your back. Put that on your business card.

don't take so much offense, man. i don't think anyone would disagree that you ARE being a little bit shitty for no reason. I keep trying to send good vibes but you are one relentless mofo. Sorry I said the S word, bro~

sky high

sky high

If this "industry" truly had any professionalism or professional requirements of it's participants, job titles would be standard/set-in-stone and wouldn't be left up to each individual.

As far as not thinking anyone would disagree with your stance, carl...I see a huge reason folks might have a >slight< beef with an "industry" that so radically changed the income potential of the average grower here and involves the State and eventually..BIG business.

In the end, "Good vibes" won't put food on these folks tables or spare cash in their pocket.

You guys are selling us all out....and for what? A title on a business card?

Carl Sagan

Carl Sagan

If this "industry" truly had any professionalism or professional requirements of it's participants, job titles would be standard/set-in-stone and wouldn't be left up to each individual.

I disagree. You put industry in quotes which means you don't think it is much of one.. so how can you expect it to parallel other legitimate ones in the way you speak of?

As far as not thinking anyone would disagree with your stance, carl...I see a huge reason folks might have a >slight< beef with an "industry" that so radically changed the income potential of the average grower here and involves the State and eventually..BIG business.

What are you talking about? My stance on what.. having a business card for our BUSINESS with a LICENSE? Making money the way it's intended in America? I'm all for what YOU DO, but don't you dare give us shit for trying to be legitimate in this society.

In the end, "Good vibes" won't put food on these folks tables or spare cash in their pocket.

You guys are selling us all out....and for what? A title on a business card?

You're ridiculous. You are making a question about a business card into how I'm robbing families of food on their tables and cash in their pockets. You even throw my good vibes in the trash!

How about this, there are millions of kids starving in Africa and you're worried about your own food? How dare you!

Get real, do your shit, i'll do mine.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I grow as my profession. I don't care what scale others grow on underground, but we are in a new era. These are unprecedented times, and I dare to get business cards. I am on the books filing taxes, making money off of all of this as are others.. you think I worry about business cards being too high profile? you peeps!! You can see our shop's sign walking down the street.. much more obvious than a business card in a few peoples' wallets.

nothin' but love, however... good vibes to you all.
I'm busy trying to get our local publication of record to accept advertising from our patient advocacy group. Do you have ANY IDEA how difficult it is to get charitable organizations to openly accept our donations? Any idea at all? We're still working to main-stream this, both MMJ and recreational use.

We can either walk around looking like stoners and acting in secret (and, believe you me, I am still afraid of shit like the feds/federal enforcement, but to me it doesn't really matter if it's local/state or feds--incarceration is incarceration is incarceration, and losing everything still adds up to losing EVERYTHING, no matter who fucking took it from you. Get it?), or you can work to change things. The whole path is frightening and a huge risk, the whole path.

So, really, I guess what folks are debating is what I would call 'risk mitigation.' It's just like motorcycle riding--do you wear ATGATT? Or, if it's hot do you wear a tank top, or just a denim jacket? What's appropriate for you, in terms of risk and mitigation? I grasp that you have already completely given up everything in terms of anonymity to the government, all is known, they already have all they need on you should they, whichever branch it should be, decide to do something with or about you. A business card does not add to the overall risk, nor will not getting one actually mitigate your risk.

Come on, folks, put on your thinking caps here.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

My point is you dont own shit or your card would say owner or partner so you are just an at will employee trading hours for dollars,they can send you down the road today if they choose to.Even if they pay you 100k a year they are making many times that off of your work or you wouldnt be there,Period.Owning a business means you put up all the money and accept all the liabilities and for that you get to keep all the profits(or losses),as an employee you should have no liability,none.
If you are going to accept liability(criminal,financial or otherwise)why the hell would you not just do it for yourself?Screw those peeps makin money on your back,right?putting your name on that card you are accepting liability,you are saying "I am the manufacturer of the federally illegal substance we are trafficking in''but you are not sharing in the profits for taking that risk?let the owner(s)do that,after all they get to keep all the cashola right?
As for the prestige of having Master grower and your name splashed on a card if it does get you laid the quality is gonna be low to mids at best,lol and she might bring a few aphids into the garden too,Fuck prestige you cant eat it,drink it or pay your rent with it.
Best of luck to you in all your endeavours.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I honestly think people here are completely misunderstanding this thing.

Let's say you're at a political mixer, the Chamber of Commerce. You're talking with other business-owners, employees (not everyone can own the business, and it doesn't have to be that way nor does one have to be the owner for people to want to remember you), and you want to be able to contact someone post-mixer. What's easier? Having a card handed to you, or having them write shit down on a piece of paper (likely a napkin at one of these things)? Maybe they've got a smartphone or iPhone, something like that, that makes the business card redundant, but maybe they're more old school than that.

Or, how about a political mixer? Again, same sort of thing, you want to remember others and want them to be able to remember and contact you.

How about a charitable event? A trade show? Someone you meet on the street or at a social event? Honestly, why is it so wrong?

EG; my own husband. He doesn't own the business he works for, but he's at a position where he's responsible for quite a bit, and having a card is really expected.

This is silly, really, getting all hot about the idea of prestige being tied to a business card. It's information, that's it.

Top Bottom